Check your account email address ×

The Teach Act

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Back in my schools days mom would ask what you did and what was the penalty. You would explain I have to stay after and write a 500 word composition. She would then say “did the teacher hit you”? I said no….she says well why not, he should have smacked you in the head.

Todays parents would have called their lawyer.

At the other school in my town Mr. Speck dolled out punishment with his custom made "Board of Education" across the palms of the hands. I've seen the result with mine own eyes!!

we had a gym teacher who was a linebacker for the Rams and when you fucked around and found out, it was assume the position against the radiator and take a "shot" from the paddle, while still wearing shorts and jock strap.....he had one hell of a swing, would light your ass up

Edited by 01mxz800
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HSR said:

At the other school in my town Mr. Speck dolled out punishment with his custom made "Board of Education" across the palms of the hands. I've seen the result with mine own eyes!!

I attended a all boys high school in the late 60’s. Respect was the norm. If we got in a fight and we’re caught it was a auto after school in the boxing ring, gloves on and we pounded each other with supervision. When it ended you shook hands and ended as friends. No fuckin guns needed. I have a life long friend today from that and we joke about it to this day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

I attended a all boys high school in the late 60’s. Respect was the norm. If we got in a fight and we’re caught it was a auto after school in the boxing ring, gloves on and we pounded each other with supervision. When it ended you shook hands and ended as friends. No fuckin guns needed. I have a life long friend today from that and we joke about it to this day.

That's cool :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

Are you still denying you’re a wetbrain?  

10 hours ago, HSR said:

Looking for a drinking partner?

9 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

Clever, nice white knighting for Jimmah the dumfuck. 👍

Well if you look up the definition of what “wet brain” is it’s pretty clear which one of us has it…I quit 6 years ago while you are still pickling and pissing yourself. Go lay down Otis.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well if you look up the definition of what “wet brain” is it’s pretty clear which one of us has it…I quit 6 years ago while you are still pickling and pissing yourself. Go lay down Otis.

More projection from the dry drunk

how many of you actually have K12 school aged children?

maybe it's different here as we have school 'resource officers' in our schools and arming teachers... should not even be part of the conversation.  how many of you have to carry a gun into work to do your jobs?

idiots...  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I do and fuck having armed teachers.  Another stupid governmental bandaid.  Fix the problem at the source.

maybe that's how the gun nuts want to normalize people walking around with a firearm all the time?

okay children... it's the first day of school, who's excited to learn about multiplication? 

giphy.gif

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe that's how the gun nuts want to normalize people walking around with a firearm all the time?

okay children... it's the first day of school, who's excited to learn about multiplication? 

giphy.gif

If you have 3 magazines for your AR and each hold 30 rounds, how many things can you shoot?

On 4/29/2023 at 10:28 AM, Bontz said:

Exactly - this shouldn't come down to arming teachers.  You put a LEO at the door ... not a rent-a-cop ... and a security system that locks the doors so nobody gets in while school's in session.

I don't know if it's mandatory or not, but our local school requires you to get buzzed in during school hours.

36 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I don't know if it's mandatory or not, but our local school requires you to get buzzed in during school hours.

Yup - same for our elementary and middle/high school buildings.  Visitors are unable to enter the school unless buzzing in at the one set of doors on the administrative end of the buildings.

46 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yup - same for our elementary and middle/high school buildings.  Visitors are unable to enter the school unless buzzing in at the one set of doors on the administrative end of the buildings.

Same on being buzzed in... But that wouldn't stop a student from walking in before school with a small arsenal in their backpack though without metal detectors.    

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how many of you actually have K12 school aged children?

maybe it's different here as we have school 'resource officers' in our schools and arming teachers... should not even be part of the conversation.  how many of you have to carry a gun into work to do your jobs?

idiots...  

Have a son in 11th grade and carry at work..:thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Same on being buzzed in... But that wouldn't stop a student from walking in before school with a small arsenal in their backpack though without metal detectors.    

My son's school has metal detectors 

Up here, they lock the doors once school starts. No metal detector, no armed guards, no armed resource "officers" and more importantly no school shootings. Is it that we have ZERO mental health issues in Canada or is it possibly something else??:dunno: