Check your account email address ×

Beginning of Cat's demise

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

the bikes are fun off trail but do not offer up the power of thrill of a sled . all my off trail buds own bikes and all also own sleds . the bikes are great if snow conditions are right and suck ass if they are not . u need both if traveling to the snow u could be screwed if u only had a bike

i have a couple co workers out west here who have sold their sleds after a season on snowbikes.  one coworker last year who dumped the sled and 2 this year.  These guys were new every 2 sled buyers but just rocking bikes now.  These things are getting a huge following.  Mind you these guys don't really live in areas with much of a trail system....  But we don't have much of a trail system out west.

Just now, xcr700 said:

I used to get tossed over the bars on my cr250 hourly lol.....good times :lol:

Had no idea they were that hard to remount....

just put your self in the situation . balls deep in pow . now tip up a bike by your self that when up u are now looking at the seat eye level

That being said I'm gonna buy this in the fall and powder coat all of the aluminum black! I like this chassis better than the xs and the gen4's are just too damn expensive. 

2000000011.jpg

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

just put your self in the situation . balls deep in pow . now tip up a bike by your self that when up u are now looking at the seat eye level

Never thought of that. Guess you better not fall off lol 

Just now, BOHICA said:

i have a couple co workers out west here who have sold their sleds after a season on snowbikes.  one coworker last year who dumped the sled and 2 this year.  These guys were new every 2 sled buyers but just rocking bikes now.  These things are getting a huge following.  Mind you these guys don't really live in areas with much of a trail system....  But we don't have much of a trail system out west.

if u live west I can see only having a bike . u can pick when u go ride . I love them in the trees very fun . they don't have the thrust but they just go where ever u want . I have also been on them with fresh no base and u are in 2nd wfo going 15 max . time to put them away and get the sleds . I will buy one some day soon . but been holding off till cat puts there out so can poss use it on trail around my parts just to get to the woods or back to gas

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

if u live west I can see only having a bike . u can pick when u go ride . I love them in the trees very fun . they don't have the thrust but they just go where ever u want . I have also been on them with fresh no base and u are in 2nd wfo going 15 max . time to put them away and get the sleds . I will buy one some day soon . but been holding off till cat puts there out so can poss use it on trail around my parts just to get to the woods or back to gas

I thought cats bike was already out 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Look here fucklestein .....You could blow a Polaris up once every 1k miles and it would still be cheaper than supplying belts for any iteration of "new and improved" Cat garabge from the last 13 years. How many years of new Big Fin clutches and different offsets and upgraded cooling are we gonna see before a cat makes it anywhere near a normal distance on a new belt. I have no skin in the game and dont give two shits about a Polaris prior to the one I own now. The reality is they are all fucking junk. Pick your color

I didn't even read that garbage past the first line .   They fucked EVERYBODY , plain and simple .   NOBODY has ANY business touting Polaris GARBAGE and shitting on any other brand with a straight face . 

Good stuff with Textron, the weaponry coming out of TRF in the next few years should be incredible :bc:

To reinforce the message that Textron is a big, stable and strong company, Keener said dealers and media attending the event walked past a Bell helicopter and a Scorpion fighter jet in the showroom – both produced by Textron.    

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Boss got rid of his etec this year and says his bike is just all around easier.  He rides McCall for the most part.  But his KTM has cost a shit load...  Bike, timbersled, the automatic clutch and a host of other parts.  I want to say he is into over 20k.  He even had to change the battery to a winter grade as the stock battery wouldn't crank the bike in the cold after a few hours of freezing temps.

thing is the bikes take less than 1/4 the effort in the deep snow to ride . one of the guys dads  I ride with  was big in to deep snow ridding his whole life but gave it up like 7 yrs ago . his kid got a bike 2 yrs ago then the old man got one . he is pushing 70 and goes west about 4 weeks a yr again. he runs a well 2 ktm 300 2st  short track timberselds . he hangs all day . spends a lot of time hanging around the base watching but getting out and ding it with guys 20 and 30 yrs under him . and no one is waiting on him .   

2 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well it should be decent since they spent the last TEN FUCKING YEARS COMPLETELY FUCKING EVERYBODY  that bought anything 2 stroke from them over 600 cc's , I mean wtf , how long and how many of your long time customers do you need to fuck and how many tries do you need to get an 800 cc engine to run longer than 2 k miles and be able to keep up with everyone elses 600's?               The old man is fuckin senile and stupid so he get's a pass , you having a short memory and running off at the piehole is a bit of a surprise

Spot on!  Not to mention Doo has had some failures over the last ten years or so and then there is the part where they are gay as well.

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Good stuff with Textron, the weaponry coming out of TRF in the next few years should be incredible :bc:

Think they are gonna put helicopter blades on em and shit?

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Boss got rid of his etec this year and says his bike is just all around easier.  He rides McCall for the most part.  But his KTM has cost a shit load...  Bike, timbersled, the automatic clutch and a host of other parts.  I want to say he is into over 20k.  He even had to change the battery to a winter grade as the stock battery wouldn't crank the bike in the cold after a few hours of freezing temps.

yes they are the same cost as a snow check when all said and done . and do not last . new bike every 2 seasons in the norm . also dont forget to add the cost of battery operated gloves .

the husky and 4st ktm in our crew have been having the most issues . the 450 zukes have been issue free but u cant make them have e start and that is a huge down fall

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Spot on!  Not to mention Doo has had some failures over the last ten years or so and then there is the part where they are gay as well.

At least Doo stood behind them somewhat , paid for rebuilds , honored warranty's  ect . Poo just turned their backs on their customers and said " Tough Shit "  for years .   Total dirtbag company .  But now they have a decent 800 so everyone else sucks and is 10 years behind the times :lol:    Fuckin imbeciles

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Nothing gayer then a guy all decked out in cat gear on a racer boy green sled.

• Like 1

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

At least Doo stood behind them somewhat , paid for rebuilds , honored warranty's  ect . Poo just turned their backs on their customers and said " Tough Shit "  for years .  

Yeah...that's one thing I can say for Doo.  They don't fuck around with customer loyalty.  They put new slugs in mine at 3200 miles no questions asked..then replaced a few other things that "looked" like they were prematurely worn.  Then sent a follow up letter from corporate explaining in detail what they did, why they did it and if I was happy.  FUCK ME! That's excellent work by a company who really seems to give a shit.

I went to Cat a year later and couldn't be happier.  Oh well. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

the Scorpion Jet is really kind of unique in the world of fighter aircraft. It was designed and tested in just a few short years and was done so without any government funds or contracts. It is aimed at small to medium countries with limited air power. costs a fraction of just about anything else you can name and has a per flight hour cost more in line with a private jet than a military jet. This was a bold move by Textron.

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

also u get your feet knocked off a lot . we were going to work on some sort of boot guard on a buds this summer

Stupid question, but why would boots get knocked off so much? The deep snow ?

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

At least Doo stood behind them somewhat , paid for rebuilds , honored warranty's  ect . Poo just turned their backs on their customers and said " Tough Shit "  for years .   Total dirtbag company .  But now they have a decent 800 so everyone else sucks and is 10 years behind the times :lol:    Fuckin imbeciles

Doo has the best support in the biz! However I have only had 2 recalls on my doos in the last 20 years. And I wasn't having any issues when the recalls were issued. That's how good they are. They'll do the work just so you don't have the problem. Great company... :bc:

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Think they are gonna put helicopter blades on em and shit?

They have had the fastest stock sleds on snow for many years, it's only going to get better now.

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

the Scorpion Jet is really kind of unique in the world of fighter aircraft. It was designed and tested in just a few short years and was done so without any government funds or contracts. It is aimed at small to medium countries with limited air power. costs a fraction of just about anything else you can name and has a per flight hour cost more in line with a private jet than a military jet. This was a bold move by Textron.

Textron purchasing Cat will be awesome for all disciplines of the off road recreational community.

4 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yea we are just supposed to forget about the Fusion 900.