Check your account email address ×

2023 Formula 1

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah a nice big screen with good audio, and close enough.  Plus there's a pause button if I have to get up and take a leak.  :lol: 

I almost never watch a race live. I like to wait at least an hour so I can ff through the commercials and boring parts.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

I almost never watch a race live. I like to wait at least an hour so I can ff through the commercials and boring parts.

I record them and forget I have the ability to do that sometimes! :lol:

• Haha 1

can't decide if I want to watch it at f'ng midnight our time... maybe a nap will be in order later this afternoon.  

:dunno:

wtf is Williams doing in P5/P6 ?   haven't watched qualifying yet.  been doing sled/trailer work and hopefully blowing leaves for the last time this year.

Driver Grid Qual time  
Monaco
C. Leclerc
Ferrari
·
1:32.726

Netherlands
M. Verstappen
Red Bull
·
1:33.104

United Kingdom
G. Russell
Mercedes
·
1:33.112

France
P. Gasly
Alpine
·
1:33.239

Thailand
A. Albon
Williams
·
1:33.323

United States
L. Sargeant
Williams
·
1:33.513

Finland
V. Bottas
Alfa Romeo
·
1:33.525

Denmark
K. Magnussen
Haas
·
1:33.537

Spain
F. Alonso
Aston Martin
·
1:33.555

United Kingdom
L. Hamilton
Mercedes
·
1:33.837

Mexico
S. Pérez
Red Bull
·
1:33.855

Spain
C. Sainz Jr.
Ferrari
·
1:32.770

Germany
N. Hülkenberg
Haas
·
1:33.979

Australia
D. Ricciardo
AlphaTauri
·
1:34.308

United Kingdom
L. Norris
McLaren
·
1:34.703

France
E. Ocon
Alpine
·
1:34.834

China
G.Y. Zhou
Alfa Romeo
·
1:34.849

Australia
O. Piastri
McLaren
·
1:34.850

Canada
L. Stroll
Aston Martin
·
1:34.199

Japan
Y. Tsunoda
AlphaTauri
·
1:36.447

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

It sucks for Sainz to be getting the grid penalty for the manhole cover that destroyed his car in practice.

I don't watch much F1 but it sure seems to have some strange rules.  I think if the driver didn't have toast for breakfast he gets a penalty.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

I don't watch much F1 but it sure seems to have some strange rules.  I think if the driver didn't have toast for breakfast he gets a penalty.

Yes, they do have a lot of rules. Disqualified if you run out of / run to low on fuel after the race is over and the cars parked. They need a specified amount to test.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, they do have a lot of rules. Disqualified if you run out of / run to low on fuel after the race is over and the cars parked. They need a specified amount to test.

In Nascar the top 5 have to top the fuel off after the race.  This is more for checking minimum weight.  Fuel samples are also taken and compared to the sample Nascar gets from us each day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The Sainz penalty is BS.  Sounds like Mercedes was going to be the only one pushing for the penalty.  Toto would be the biggest loudmouth if that would have happened to a Merc.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/726201012710126?mibextid=YNcHmz

I read an article earlier where Max said that itt was BS and all of the other teams should stay out of it, Red Bull included. And he gets the biggest benefit of the penalty.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I read an article earlier where Max said that itt was BS and all of the other teams should stay out of it, Red Bull included. And he gets the biggest benefit of the penalty.

Max is a racer, he wants to beat you on the track.  I like Max for calling it like it is, he thinks the track sucks and the fans getting a $200 merch credit instead of a refund for Thursday is BS.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Max is a racer, he wants to beat you on the track.  I like Max for calling it like it is, he thinks the track sucks and the fans getting a $200 merch credit instead of a refund for Thursday is BS.

he's turning into an adult.  he could also be competitive in nearly any car on the track.  being the RBR driver does gives him a distinct advantage but he has the skills of Lewis, Schumacher, Senna and all the greats.  

• Like 2

F1 fans file class-action suit against Las Vegas Grand Prix

They're seeking seeking at least $30,000 in damages.

Work is performed on a manhole following the first practice session for the Formula One Las Vegas Grand Prix auto race, Thursday, Nov. 16, 2023, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/Nick Didlick)
Work is performed on a manhole following the first practice session

LAS VEGAS -- Formula One fans upset at being forced to the leave the Las Vegas Grand Prix venue early Friday morning before the start of the second practice session filed a class-action lawsuit.

Las Vegas-based Dimopoulos Law Firm and co-counsel JK Legal & Consulting filed the lawsuit against the Las Vegas Grand Prix and its owner, Liberty Media, in Nevada state court seeking at least $30,000 in damages.

Those who bought tickets to race's opening night saw just nine minutes of action Thursday night before Carlos Sainz Jr. ran over a water valve cover and damaged his Ferrari. Race officials inspected the course, which resulted in a 2 1/2-hour delay for the second session, which began at 2:30 a.m. local time Friday. They also extended the practice session from an hour to 90 minutes.

Race officials have since offered a $200 discount at the official gift shop, but only for those who held single-night tickets Thursday. The majority of fans have three-day passes.

F1 President Stefano Domenicali and Renee Wilm, CEO of the Las Vegas Grand Prix, issued a statement Friday saying they closed the track to spectators for safety and legal reasons.

“We have all been to events, like concerts, games and even other Formula 1 races, that have been canceled because of factors like weather or technical issues,” the statement read. "It happens, and we hope people will understand.”

___

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Max wins another

Great racing

Good night

Fuck... I can't believe that the only race that I watched live this year started at 1AM, lol.

Good race over all with some passing. I was hoping for a red victory, but it was good to see Charles very competitive and to see him pass Sergio on the last lap for 2nd.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ckf said:

But still not as gay as the football team that resides in Vegas :pc:

Haha. The Raidas are on a run!! I love motorsports but f1 is boring. There’s like 4 real passes a race if you’re lucky.

Edited by Shifty
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Haha. The Raidas are on a run!! I love motorsports but f1 is boring. There’s like 4 real passes a race if you’re lucky.

This was probably the most competitive F1 race that I have watched in a long time.  The long straights combined with DRS made for a lot of passes.

But in general I agree that it isn't as exciting to watch as other forms of motorsports. Every year one of the 10 teams seam to dominate the season. At least they have a bit of race and tire strategy to make it a little more interesting.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ckf said:

Fuck... I can't believe that the only race that I watched live this year started at 1AM, lol.

Good race over all with some passing. I was hoping for a red victory, but it was good to see Charles very competitive and to see him pass Sergio on the last lap for 2nd.

lap 31 to the finish was some great racing for the podium.  Charles late braking moves were stellar, except one.  LOL 

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

This was probably the most competitive F1 race that I have watched in a long time.  The long straights combined with DRS made for a lot of passes.

But in general I agree that it isn't as exciting to watch as other forms of motorsports. Every year one of the 10 teams seam to dominate the season. At least they have a bit of race and tire strategy to make it a little more interesting.

I wasn't sure how the Vegas track would showcase F1, but the camera angles and high speed zones looked awesome and cars traveling 200+ down the Vegas strip at night... win.  Hopefully they start a little earlier next year and I'm glad I took a nap before it began.  

not going to disparage other forms of motor racing but F1 is the creme de le creme and only the best drivers in the world makes it into that level.  

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lap 31 to the finish was some great racing for the podium.  Charles late braking moves were stellar, except one.  LOL 

I wasn't sure how the Vegas track would showcase F1, but the camera angles and high speed zones looked awesome and cars traveling 200+ down the Vegas strip at night... win.  Hopefully they start a little earlier next year and I'm glad I took a nap before it began.  

not going to disparage other forms of motor racing but F1 is the creme de le creme and only the best drivers in the world makes it into that level.  

Thats not true at all.

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Thats not true at all.

Kinda, sorta, but not really :lol:  F1 and Cart / Indy car or whatever they call it are the top series where a lot of different countries are represented. However, like most series money talks. You either need to bring money to the table like Stroll, or be very marketable to make it.

• Haha 1