Check your account email address ×

2023 Formula 1

8 minutes ago, Shifty said:

WRC are the best drivers in My opinion 

WRC is fun to watch and those guys have great car control for sure. To me the best drivers in the world are the guys that can jump in cars from several different series and challenge for the win. Tony Stewart comes to mind as one of the best. Kyle Larson is probably today's equivalent. We'll see how he does next year when he runs the double on Memorial day weekend.  There are probably many more that I'm just not familiar with.

F1 has the most advanced cars in the world. The endure the highest g foces in auto racing. So I can understand why they claim to have the best drivers in the world. However, is Logan Sargent the best open wheel guy that America has? Maybe, but it's hard to judge when he is in a Williams :lol:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

WRC is fun to watch and those guys have great car control for sure. To me the best drivers in the world are the guys that can jump in cars from several different series and challenge for the win. Tony Stewart comes to mind as one of the best. Kyle Larson is probably today's equivalent. We'll see how he does next year when he runs the double on Memorial day weekend.  There are probably many more that I'm just not familiar with.

F1 has the most advanced cars in the world. The endure the highest g foces in auto racing. So I can understand why they claim to have the best drivers in the world. However, is Logan Sargent the best open wheel guy that America has? Maybe, but it's hard to judge when he is in a Williams :lol:

Scott Sharpe comes to mind when you say that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

probably, but it's the pinnacle.  there's no where further to go up in auto racing than F1

That's your opinion

:lol:

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lap 31 to the finish was some great racing for the podium.  Charles late braking moves were stellar, except one.  LOL 

I wasn't sure how the Vegas track would showcase F1, but the camera angles and high speed zones looked awesome and cars traveling 200+ down the Vegas strip at night... win.  Hopefully they start a little earlier next year and I'm glad I took a nap before it began.  

not going to disparage other forms of motor racing but F1 is the creme de le creme and only the best drivers in the world makes it into that level.  

Yeah…Lance Stroll is amazing…tell me again how he made it to that level….😉😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Daddy bought the team :lol:  But in all fairness money plays a part in about all forms of motorsports.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Daddy bought the team :lol:  But in all fairness money plays a part in about all forms of motorsports.

The best way to make a small fortune in racing is to start with a big one. 

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

That's your opinion

:lol:

I'm sorry to hurt your feelings by being correct.

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Petty, Andretti, etc.  What's that Russian kid that was driving for Haas doing these days?

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

in his case, huge bigly $

18 minutes ago, Shifty said:

classic, but truthful

21 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Drivers are the biggest winners in most series. The reason Dale Jr doesn't own a cup team is because of the economics. He isn't going to do it if the numbers don't make sense. Although the charter system and broadcast money is starting to change it.

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Kinda, sorta, but not really :lol:

I agree that F1 is some of the best open wheel racers in the world. But I don't agree that they are the best drivers in the world. When some of the former F1 stars come to Indy Car most fail miserably on the ovals. There have been a few exceptions, but it's true for the most part.

IMO the guys like Mario and AJ were some of the best drivers to ever strap in a race car. They were a rare breed for sure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Petty, Andretti, etc.  What's that Russian kid that was driving for Haas doing these days?

in his case, huge bigly $

classic, but truthful

You’re the one claiming that only the best of the best make it to F1 now you’re proving my point….are you fucked up?

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

I agree that F1 is some of the best open wheel racers in the world. But I don't agree that they are the best drivers in the world. When some of the former F1 stars come to Indy Car most fail miserably on the ovals. There have been a few exceptions, but it's true for the most part.

IMO the guys like Mario and AJ were some of the best drivers to ever strap in a race car. They were a rare breed for sure.

Spot on!

I would've liked to have seen Gordon try F1 or Kyle Busch when he was younger. I think from todays drivers maybe only Larson would be competitive right away.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Spot on!

I would've liked to have seen Gordon try F1 or Kyle Busch when he was younger. I think from todays drivers maybe only Larson would be competitive right away.

I didn't use to be a fan of Kyle, but my opinion changed when he went to RCR, lol. He is an amazing stock car driver and it would have been cool to see him try Indy or F1 when he was younger. Larson is an amazing talent for sure :thumbsup:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ckf said:

Jim Clark

End of the story 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You’re the one claiming that only the best of the best make it to F1 now you’re proving my point….are you fucked up?

All I said to you was there's a lot of people in racing that are where they are because of their last name. 

Shouldn't you be busy figuring out what kind of sled you aren't buying this week? 

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Jim Clark

End of the story 

All I said to you was there's a lot of people in racing that are where they are because of their last name. 

Shouldn't you be busy figuring out what kind of sled you aren't buying this week? 

Awww…poor little Karen.

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lap 31 to the finish was some great racing for the podium.  Charles late braking moves were stellar, except one.  LOL 

I wasn't sure how the Vegas track would showcase F1, but the camera angles and high speed zones looked awesome and cars traveling 200+ down the Vegas strip at night... win.  Hopefully they start a little earlier next year and I'm glad I took a nap before it began.  

not going to disparage other forms of motor racing but F1 is the creme de le creme and only the best drivers in the world makes it into that level.  

BTW this is what you said and even you admit that it’s not true…you’re fucked up.

Back to F1. Who's the better driver in equal equipment? Hamilton, Schumacher, Max (because I can't spell his last name) or Vettel?

Go.....

I gotta go with Michael. He did some amazing things in an F1 car back when they sounded freaking awesome.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Back to F1. Who's the better driver in equal equipment? Hamilton, Schumacher, Max (because I can't spell his last name) or Vettel?

Go.....

I gotta go with Michael. He did some amazing things in an F1 car back when they sounded freaking awesome.

Have to agree. Mind you I dont follow F1 closely at all anymore.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Go.....

Have to go with Schumacher but it is hard to compare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Have to agree. Mind you I dont follow F1 closely at all anymore.

I missed most of the Vettel domination period. I followed Michael from the Benetton Renault through the Ferrari years. I kinda lost interest when he retired and then got back into it a bit when he came back for that short stint.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Have to go with Schumacher but it is hard to compare.

Agreed. Lewis and Max are probably the easiest to compare. I think Max could do more with an under preforming Red Bull than Lewis can with an under preforming Mercedes.