Check your account email address ×

2023 Formula 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this one is all about the constructors points behind RBR 

Do you talk with an english accent while the race is on?

:lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you guys get bored before the snow comes check out one of the older F1 races.  I just watched this one from 1995. I love the sound of those high revving engines. I think they had V8's, V10's and V12's in 95.

Embedding not allowed.

1995 German Grand Prix.

https://youtu.be/lepe0Z7W4f4?si=tLljRfboWZegdfb5

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ckf said:

If you guys get bored before the snow comes check out one of the older F1 races.  I just watched this one from 1995. I love the sound of those high revving engines. I think they had V8's, V10's and V12's in 95.

Embedding not allowed.

1995 German Grand Prix.

https://youtu.be/lepe0Z7W4f4?si=tLljRfboWZegdfb5

This era used a 3.0 L formula, with the power range varying (depending on engine tuning) between 600 hp (447 kW) and 1,000 hp (746 kW), between 13,000 rpm and 20,000 rpm, and from eight to twelve cylinders.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

This era used a 3.0 L formula, with the power range varying (depending on engine tuning) between 600 hp (447 kW) and 1,000 hp (746 kW), between 13,000 rpm and 20,000 rpm, and from eight to twelve cylinders.

They sound friggin awesome!!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

He did the best he could. Not much to work with car wise.

Change may be a good thing.

It sounds like lack of funding was one of their biggest issues. It's hard to compete in motorsports when everyone else is out spending you. Haas didn't come close to the spending cap from what I have read :dunno:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Haas didn't renew Guenther Steiner's contract as Team Principal. Mistake or the right call?

that's too bad... he's quite a character. 

1 hour ago, ckf said:

It sounds like lack of funding was one of their biggest issues. It's hard to compete in motorsports when everyone else is out spending you. Haas didn't come close to the spending cap from what I have read :dunno:

when they lost the Russian Oligarch $ it was downhill from there.  will still root for the American teams but even other well funded teams aren't successful.  lot of also rans in F1 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that's too bad... he's quite a character. 

when they lost the Russian Oligarch $ it was downhill from there.  will still root for the American teams but even other well funded teams aren't successful.  lot of also rans in F1 

Agreed on him being quite a character, lol

No doubt someone has to be at the bottom. Haas was probably over preforming for what they had. They had some speed in qualifying last year that didn't continue during the race.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, ckf said:

No value to fans? What county has F1 seen the most growth? How many races are in the US now?

:bigfinger:

I know, and having the Andretti name back in F1!? It's like they have forgotten their own history..:wtf:

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I know, and having the Andretti name back in F1!? It's like they have forgotten their own history..:wtf:

His best bet will be to buy or partner with an existing team.  Andretti Haas partnership would work for me, lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

His best bet will be to buy or partner with an existing team.  Andretti Haas partnership would work for me, lol

I'm down with that :bc:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

Hello, Gene Haas... ? 

• Haha 1

16. While the Andretti name carries some recognition for F1 fans, our research indicates that F1 would bring value to the Andretti brand rather than the other way around.

where was this research conducted?

Geesus.

• Like 2