Check your account email address ×

Zoomers Are Way Behind on Car Payments

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

I can promise you this recession will be nothing like 2008.

we just spent $20T on protecting our financial system from COVID... which makes 2009 look like a trip to McDonald's.  what makes anyone think they won't do it again? frankly I think they're counting on it.

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we just spent $20T on protecting our financial system from COVID... which makes 2009 look like a trip to McDonald's.  what makes anyone think they won't do it again? frankly I think they're counting on it.

We are not in a mortgage crisis like 2008, you'll never see a recession that bad again in our lifetime.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

When colleges started increasing the size of their marketing and sales staffs it should have been a warning.

Parents telling their children for the last 20 - 25 years that they won’t amount to much without a college education did far more damage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2023 at 7:01 PM, snoughnut said:

We are not in a mortgage crisis like 2008, you'll never see a recession that bad again in our lifetime.

Usually if they can’t make a car payment, not making mortgage payments are next. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Usually if they can’t make a car payment, not making mortgage payments are next. 

But this time the deadbeats who are missing car payments didnt buy houses. The inventory just wasnt there. They were passed over in favor of buyers with good credit , Those who put in P&S's that would would not fall apart.

Perhaps a few will have some trouble but not nearly the amount that there were back in 2008 and beyond. Besides, dumb shits that over bought vehicles can sell them and buy something they can actually afford.

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

But this time the deadbeats who are missing car payments didnt buy houses. The inventory just wasnt there. They were passed over in favor of buyers with good credit , Those who put in P&S's that would would not fall apart.

Eh,  In their bidding wars to get the perfect house they were way over extending themselves. Pulling a 401k loan was the normal thing the last few years to make up the difference between the apprised value and what they bought the house for. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Eh,  In their bidding wars to get the perfect house they were way over extending themselves. Pulling a 401k loan was the normal thing the last few years to make up the difference between the apprised value and what they bought the house for. 

Maybe , but the people who lost homes in 08-09 didnt even have 401k's

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

If it was a hardship loan yes.

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I wish the market would tank , and quick. I need to buy my retirement home and then have the market rebound in time to sell this place.

I was just reading something the other day saying inventory in NH is so low prices are staying high and they don’t expect a slow down anytime soon 🤷‍♂️. You might be waiting awhile for a deal.

• Gold Member

Kids need to be taught how Car loans, credit cards and mortgages work in High school. They get into these loans at a young age clueless,  its criminal really. 

That should be a full mandatory class for all students instead of all the other liberal horseshit these moron democrat infested public schools teach :news:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Kids need to be taught how Car loans, credit cards and mortgages work in High school. They get into these loans at a young age clueless,  its criminal really. 

That should be a full mandatory class for all students instead of all the other liberal horseshit these moron democrat infested public schools teach :news:

I didn't wait for the public screwl system, there's no common sense there. I pounded it into my kids heads constantly about the burdens of debt and it's good to see it's working. Keep the bankers/vultures at a distance.

Quotes about banker HD wallpapers | PxfuelBank Quotes | Minimalist Quotes

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Like where you choose to live, work, pay taxes and send your kids to school?