Check your account email address ×

Zoomers Are Way Behind on Car Payments

People age 18 to 29 hit a five-year high on auto loan delinquencies in 2022, and the news isn't much better for millennials.

https://jalopnik.com/zoomers-are-way-behind-on-car-payments-1850143119

wonder what other payments their behind on?  maybe they deserve a nice bailout...:news:

Inflation is outpacing most people's wages...the woke liberal media won't cover it as its loaded with woke liberal brats, but things are tough for many folks. Also, a generation of spoiled brats with no gratitude for how nice they have it, who have received handouts all of their lives are piss poor at generating, saving and spending money.

I make triple figs, and I know people that make 50-60% of what I do, and they have bigger phone bills and higher car payments, because they are dumb as fuck and terrible at spending money properly. You can get a good reliable vehicle for 15-20K and only have a $200-$300 payment, but todays society is shallow as fuck and people spend every cent they make trying to change how others perceive them.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Do you think they will keep voting democrat?

When kids get old enough they start to realize things like....religion is nonsense. So maybe there's hope here for them with this. They had teachers and professors steer them towards a political party their early impressionable years. If they stopped and looked around maybe they would like a different party or realize they both suck

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

When kids get old enough they start to realize things like....religion is nonsense. So maybe there's hope here for them with this. They had teachers and professors steer them towards a political party their early impressionable years. If they stopped and looked around maybe they would like a different party or realize they both suck

most likely scenario

I have friend who is  wealthy by my standards.  He went in to replace his Cadillac V with a new one. Wanted the black wing or some crap.  He was quoted @ $ 5,000 down/ $ 2,900 a month for a lease.  :lol:gotta be kidding??? 

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I have friend who is  wealthy by my standards.  He went in to replace his Cadillac V with a new one. Wanted the black wing or some crap.  He was quoted @ $ 5,000 down/ $ 2,900 a month for a lease.  :lol:gotta be kidding??? 

Fucking mortgage on a decent house

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Why would they when guys like Trump gave them more stimulus and PPP?

28 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You must have missed this?  But at least you have a new friend.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Fucking mortgage on a decent house

what's a mortgage? 

I'm absolutely staggered by the amount of debt young people are willing to take on today. 

There's some great comments in the article....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's a mortgage? 

I'm absolutely staggered by the amount of debt young people are willing to take on today. 

There's some great comments in the article....

I have customers who have mortgages in excess of $900,000

• Haha 1

My friend's daughter told him she was still paying off her school loans because things were hard, meanwhile she just leased the top of the line Toyota SUV because it was only x amount more than the 1 she had, they just got a $30,000 SXS and both have the latest phones, things are tough for them.

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

Inflation is outpacing most people's wages...the woke liberal media won't cover it as its loaded with woke liberal brats, but things are tough for many folks. Also, a generation of spoiled brats with no gratitude for how nice they have it, who have received handouts all of their lives are piss poor at generating, saving and spending money.

I make triple figs, and I know people that make 50-60% of what I do, and they have bigger phone bills and higher car payments, because they are dumb as fuck and terrible at spending money properly. You can get a good reliable vehicle for 15-20K and only have a $200-$300 payment, but todays society is shallow as fuck and people spend every cent they make trying to change how others perceive them.

Nobody cares how much money you make. 

50 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I have customers who have mortgages in excess of $900,000

why?

23 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

My friend's daughter told him she was still paying off her school loans because things were hard, meanwhile she just leased the top of the line Toyota SUV because it was only x amount more than the 1 she had, they just got a $30,000 SXS and both have the latest phones, things are tough for them.

didn't she fill out the paperwork for Joe's student loan forgiveness vote purchasing scheme?  

want, want, want... that's what keeps the truly rich... Rich 💰

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Mr. Tesla boy called me last week and wants his job back, but only if I am willing to give him a increase from what he left for.  I guess he doesn't like his new job.

My guess is the payments are stacking up.

is 'go fuck yourself' in your list of optional replies?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

52 minutes ago, Cold War said:

If you leased it for 36 months you could damn near buy it for that.  

His residual wouldn't be very high at the end you would think. I'm guessing it was a 2 yr lease. I've had a couple $1800+/month leases that were 2 yrs. I buy my leases once they're up and sell them usually a few months after for a profit usually.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

People age 18 to 29 hit a five-year high on auto loan delinquencies in 2022, and the news isn't much better for millennials.

https://jalopnik.com/zoomers-are-way-behind-on-car-payments-1850143119

wonder what other payments their behind on?  maybe they deserve a nice bailout...:news:

$20,000+ Polaris’s that are still on back order.....:read: