Check your account email address ×

Biden Visits Kyiv, Ukraine’s Embattled Capital, as Air-Raid Siren Sounds

Unlike his predecessor Joe doesn’t head for the bunker at the slightest balloon pop.

President Biden made a surprise trip to the embattled capital of Ukraine on Monday, traveling under a cloak of secrecy into a war zone to demonstrate what he called America’s “unwavering support” of the effort to beat back Russian forces nearly a year after they invaded the country.

Mr. Biden arrived unannounced early Monday morning to meet with President Volodymyr Zelensky, and the two stepped out into the streets of Kyiv even as an air-raid siren sounded, a dramatic moment captured on video that underscored the investment the United States has made in Ukraine’s independence.

“One year later, Kyiv stands,” Mr. Biden declared at Mr. Zelensky’s side in Mariinsky Palace, the gilded ceremonial home of the Ukrainian president. “And Ukraine stands. Democracy stands.”

“Thank you so much for coming, Mr. President, at a huge moment for Ukraine,” Mr. Zelensky said.

Mr. Biden promised to release another $500 million in military aid in coming days, mentioning artillery ammunition, Javelin missiles and Howitzers, but he did not talk about the advanced arms that Ukraine has sought. Mr. Zelensky told reporters that he and the president spoke about “long range weapons and the weapons that may still be supplied to Ukraine even though it wasn’t supplied before.”

The rest of the story and photos:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/20/us/politics/biden-ukraine-visit.html

Just now, p51mstg said:

Wonderful.  The American military-industrial complex sent its octogenarian envoy into a war zone with air raid sirens blaring.

Why didn’t they send the VP?  Why risk the President in a war zone?

Why not? We can only hope he gets blown to smithereens 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The whine by the rethugs here is loud.

Guys got balls unlike the orange goon who heads for the bunker every day.

Dude just stop already. Biden doesn't even know he's in Ukraine and he thinks that siren is the Ice Cream man coming down the street  :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

The timing of the sirens is impeccable no? Fuck me this admin is so phony....

Sounds reminiscent of Hillary's sniper attack in Bosnia when she got off the plane

• Like 2

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

Wonderful.  The American military-industrial complex sent its octogenarian envoy into a war zone with air raid sirens blaring.

Why didn’t they send the VP?  Why risk the President in a war zone?

Shit, send that bitch too.  Make sure to alert Putin where to send a welcome message at the same time.

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

He can make it to Ukraine but can't visit Ohio....we know where his interest is and it ain't America

You’ve been a cheerleader for this Ukraine bullshit since the beginning…change of heart?🤔

From the perspective of someone who wants the United States to be successful, no matter who is in charge, this was a blunder in my opinion and a wasted opportunity.

Why did the President visit someone else's war zone in person?  The two of them can't talk?  There's no secure video calls?  

No, this is about the optics, right?  So, Dementia Joe goes over there and is being led around like he's lost, as usual.  Then, the sirens go off.  So, here's an old geezer out in public, looking like he's lost, while everyone is being warned to get to shelter (that what the sirens are for, no?).  This would normally be a head shaker, if we saw an anonymous old person in this situation.  But, it's the actual President.

They had to have know this was a very real possibility, and we have a VP who does nothing.  This is the kind f situation that's perfect for a VP.  This is EXACTLY the situation where Obama sent Biden.  That's not my speculation or opinion - Pres Obama Sent VP Biden to Ukraine in 2015 to deliver a message.  Biden bragged about that trip.

Just a thought, something to consider...  what if the deep state really DID want Biden gone?  What would that look like?  I think it would look like this.  At the very least, maybe they could add this to a 25th A hearing, where they can show he acted without due regard for his own personal safety?  It's clear the Democrats don't want Biden to run in 2024, and they also don't want Harris anywhere near the Whitehouse during the next Presidential term.  Maybe this really was intentional and not just a blunder by staffers to try to make Biden look tough.

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

One of the first things that I was told when I was learning how to sell when face to face was not to wear sunglasses as it made customers feel you were trying to hide something. Joe loves his aviators.

It's just to hide the blank and confused look on his face. Some here thinks it makes him look like he has balls  :lol: 

Edited by Skidooski

5 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

One of the first things that I was told when I was learning how to sell when face to face was not to wear sunglasses as it made customers feel you were trying to hide something. Joe loves his aviators.

Joes Aviators, Zelensky and his olive drab pants and tee shirts….the whole thing is  a baggy pants farce, dog and pony show, smoke and mirrors….all at our expense.

• Like 4

kinna figured Zielinski waved his stick at blow hole joe , told him you don't get your azz over here and bring more money , books get opened ,, look how fast that f7777 ran ,, and he didn't have the nads to go to Ohio ,, who's paying for this shit ,, I think America should boycott taxes ,, but I see again hes got that covered with the new irs army squad that goes after tips ,, i think we all better wake up quick and stop bitchin about this chit and do something congress cant do chit , he bwilltie there hands on everything