Check your account email address ×

2 Fatalities In Vilas County

29 minutes ago, Doug said:

Our club ride is starting to drift into more of a social club and last weekend was the club ride which I didn't go on.  They had was told 16 sleds and put on less than 100 miles total for 2 days of riding.  Some people that went said never again.  The last club ride I went on and got stuck leading had close to 30 sleds.  We put on a little over 200 miles for 2 days of riding and some people were complaining we didn't stop enough.  I'll pass on our club rides 

We've separated expectations recently.  Didn't go on the last club ride as it was deemed a "Family" or "Wives" trip - that's cool, they got what they wanted.  We usually do at least 3-4 per season, so missing one of these isn't a big deal.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Doug said:

Our club ride is starting to drift into more of a social club and last weekend was the club ride which I didn't go on.  They had was told 16 sleds and put on less than 100 miles total for 2 days of riding.  Some people that went said never again.  The last club ride I went on and got stuck leading had close to 30 sleds.  We put on a little over 200 miles for 2 days of riding and some people were complaining we didn't stop enough.  I'll pass on our club rides 

I agree id rather ride with 1 maybe 2 other Guys. Group rides with even 8-10 Guys never work out as planned. Someone always has a breakdown or Guys want to do something else than the rest. No thanks. 

4 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

I never drink when I ride anymore...maybe one at lunch or for dinner.
Also, I don't like to ride late at night now. Not because I don't enjoy it, not because I can't handle just about any conditions, but you get some juiced up younglings flying around corners and thats when accidents happen.

Tupper Lake area has some awesome, but very tight twisty trails in some areas. Super fun, but not a place you want to be at 11PM at night.

The last 2 years in Wisconsin the snowmobile fatalities have all been riders 40+ or older except maybe 3. Alot of older guys are getting drunk and then discovering the hard way how bad their judgement/reflexes are when under the influence of alcohol. 

51 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Dear Mr. Snake & a few others I'm sorry

Any idea why badger is demanding people apologize to Snake?:dunno:

Just got mixed up in his dream to be a Moderator?:dunno:

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Any idea why badger is demanding people apologize to Snake?:dunno:

Just got mixed up in his dream to be a Moderator?:dunno:

welcome back kotter Arnold Horshack! oh oh oh oh oh oh oh! - Imgflip

#1 Because he said to........... :thumbsup:  

# 2  I think that other guy owns this site............ :dunno:

• Haha 1

blink.gif.a963dc2d58dfbf39b3ba9e75fd196c49.gif blink.gif.a963dc2d58dfbf39b3ba9e75fd196c49.gif blink.gif.a963dc2d58dfbf39b3ba9e75fd196c49.gif 

That picture I posted is all you need to know two people died, I have talked about it before so there is no need to bring it up again

I was asked to put some members on ignore I have done my part.

go back to HCS and look it up the whole story is over there. 

No longer on HCS.

I peeked...

Get over yourself. FYI I did not respond because I have you on ignore just doing what you told me to do.

I claimed I am no longer on HCS<<<<< And why do you need to know??? 

Look here you POS my friends came upon that accident and gave the guys CPR. 

There is more to that story but its non of your business,

I could have answer your original post but I have you and Steve on ignore.

0ecdb486f38bd80f849696b5a6b9da5b_f202.jpg

If you have many questions please feel free to PM

I will have to open messages for you two my door is always open.

Edited by Jerry 976

1 hour ago, Roosting said:

jerry whats sad is you and your merry band of losers acting like a bunch of 12 yo girls. 

What's even sadder is people defending a member that continuously lies to garner attention and in turn gets called on it which fucks up the threads. Now if the blatant BULLSHITTING would stop so would a lot of this. 

Do you believe he has anyone on ignore? Seriously, look how quick he replied to my post responding to Driftbusta which had NOTHING to do with Badger. Just his usual bullshit.

Screenshot_20230208_090219_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230208_090428_Samsung Internet.jpg

9 minutes ago, HSR said:

What's even sadder is people defending a member that continuously lies to garner attention and in turn gets called on it which fucks up the threads. Now if the blatant BULLSHITTING would stop so would a lot of this. 

Do you believe he has anyone on ignore? Seriously, look how quick he replied to my post responding to Driftbusta which had NOTHING to do with Badger. Just his usual bullshit.

Screenshot_20230208_090219_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230208_090428_Samsung Internet.jpg

So is this your first period? 

speaking of 12 yo girls and how they act hsr is #1

Now is about the time for you to fuck right off and comb your hair 

Edited by Roosting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

I never drink when I ride anymore...maybe one at lunch or for dinner.
Also, I don't like to ride late at night now. Not because I don't enjoy it, not because I can't handle just about any conditions, but you get some juiced up younglings flying around corners and thats when accidents happen.

Tupper Lake area has some awesome, but very tight twisty trails in some areas. Super fun, but not a place you want to be at 11PM at night.

18 hours ago, snoughnut said:

The last 2 years in Wisconsin the snowmobile fatalities have all been riders 40+ or older except maybe 3. Alot of older guys are getting drunk and then discovering the hard way how bad their judgement/reflexes are when under the influence of alcohol. 

Yep actually averages over 50.   This year in Wisconsin the average age of riders killed is 53.

Vast, vast majority of deaths are riders missing corners and hitting a tree.

I'm actually shocked there are not more head on collisions with how often I meet sleds in the center or my side of the trail. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep actually averages over 50.   This year in Wisconsin the average age of riders killed is 53.

I'm actually shocked there are not more head on collisions with how often I meet sleds in the center or my side of the trail. 

Yeah I get that its usually folks mid 30s to mid 40's who have had a few too many that are the main cause for this.
IMHO I think its because they  can afford very nice iron and think it allows them to be more careless, that and the new machines ride so well at speed, its easy to buzz along. Even my old Rush 600 can roll along pretty easily at 50-60MPH.

I'm lookin at getting a 137 2018+ Sidewinder for next year (although our area, Northern NY, has been a shit year, 40 degrees now and low 40's all next week) and bumping it up to 240/260HP, but I'm disciplined as fuck and I actually like being the caboose and making sure all riders are good to go. I know when its appropriate to squeeze the loud handle, and I don't drink and drive.

Edited by stinkipinki

9 hours ago, Highmark said:

Most, if not all are under the influence of alcohol.

52 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

image.thumb.png.8226b99b8dc98d50d55909dc8cab3c41.png

Slow day today Jerry? 2019 I did not 4 years later I figured enough time has past. I can now see why they pulled the plug on you and HCS. :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Roosting said:

jerry whats sad is you and your merry band of losers acting like a bunch of 12 yo girls. 

Roosting you are 100% right. :bc: