Check your account email address ×

Liberals are chasing god out of the US

22 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

To each their own....plenty of cases where someone is clinically dead and brought back and they say there is definitely something awaiting after this life on earth.

With that said I don't go to church And certainly don't live my life according to The Bible  As much as I should ...but I beleive my faith alone is what matters  And I believe there are verses in The Bible that back that up..... Going to a brick and mortar church is not necessary.  Whatever, it works in my life

So you made up your own religion :lol: fucking moron 

54 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

To each their own....plenty of cases where someone is clinically dead and brought back and they say there is definitely something awaiting after this life on earth.

With that said I don't go to church And certainly don't live my life according to The Bible  As much as I should ...but I beleive my faith alone is what matters  And I believe there are verses in The Bible that back that up..... Going to a brick and mortar church is not necessary.  Whatever, it works in my life

There’s a lot of evidence that life after death experiences are anomalies of the dying brain. Oxygen deprivation and neuromodulator spiking and depletion. 

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

You should pray for some functioning brain cells.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, f7ben said:

So you made up your own religion :lol: fucking moron 

No not really....  Ephesians 2:8,9.

States you are saved by faith alone, not by works....... So basically Going to church is not necessary. 

10 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

There’s a lot of evidence that life after death experiences are anomalies of the dying brain. Oxygen deprivation and neuromodulator spiking and depletion. 

True....but there are also cases of people who have died and described things in the room that they could only have known about by being outside the body. They were observing revival attempts etc. And objects far on other side of room not visible from where they were.

Death is interesting no matter what your beleifs

19 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

States you are saved by faith alone, not by works....... So basically Going to church is not necessary. 

True....but there are also cases of people who have died and described things in the room that they could only have known about by being outside the body. They were observing revival attempts etc. And objects far on other side of room not visible from where they were.

What about James 2:26?

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

11 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Sure because heaven is transcendable.  Makes sense.  Lol.  That whole premise is completely jacked.  That being said, placebos can work so not surprised someone of faith would buy into it without questioning.

11 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The bible is a book of stories amassed among many religions and backgrounds into one book.  It's full of magically fairy tales as well.  Even stating "living life according to" is absurd.  Of course, the main reason for religion you spelled out very clearly.  The uncertainty of death has people scared and makes them do odd things to feel better.  At least you understand this.

12 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

...but my beleif in God works wonders for me. I don't fear death at all.

Your faith has given you a false sense of confidence and righteousness.

17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Sure because heaven is transcendable.  Makes sense.  Lol.  That whole premise is completely jacked.  That being said, placebos can work so not surprised someone of faith would buy into it without questioning.

The bible is a book of stories amassed among many religions and backgrounds into one book.  It's full of magically fairy tales as well.  Even stating "living life according to" is absurd.  Of course, the main reason for religion you spelled out very clearly.  The uncertainty of death has people scared and makes them do odd things to feel better.  At least you understand this.

Your faith has given you a false sense of confidence and righteousness.

Why does it matter if people do good things or are good people because of their uncertainty of death?  It makes the world a better place. 

20 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Why does it matter if people do good things or are good people because of their uncertainty of death?  It makes the world a better place. 

Interestingly biased conclusion from what I wrote.  Also interesting assumption that it makes people do good things.  For some it does, for others it does the opposite.  Either way, completely unrelated to what I wrote.

12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Interestingly biased conclusion from what I wrote.  Also interesting assumption that it makes people do good things.  For some it does, for others it does the opposite.  Either way, completely unrelated to what I wrote.

Just my take. 
Have a blessed day.  :bc: 

2 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

My Mom had that happen to her in December 1977, she described everything they did to her and in the Hospital room, it was very eye opening. She died a few days later.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

What about James 2:26?

Neal

A lot of the Bible can be hard to interpret and many see the same verse differently.....really nothing wrong with that as the means to salvation never changes. 

I don't know what constitutes works itself, but I had a pastor explain what the role of the church is. He used hot embers from a fireplace as an analogy that I will never forget. The glowing embers from a fire represent the church....if you remove an ember from the pile, that ember loses it's orange glow and weakens quickly. The same can be said about not going to church and being with fellow beleivers....it can be hard to maintain faith. Throw that ember back into the fire and it glows again.

The pastor was pretty cool and wasn't pushing me to become a member of the church and tithe 10% of my income:lol:....he was just telling me like it is and made sense to me.

Church is not mandatory and I will never be a church goer. I can belt out an Ac/ Dc tune (Highway to Hell) by myself in my car with the best of them...but won't be singing "How Great Thou Art" with strangers in a brick building....it just isnt me.

Screenshot_20230202_210453_Chrome.jpg

15 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

My Mom had that happen to her in December 1977, she described everything they did to her and in the Hospital room, it was very eye opening. She died a few days later.

Clearly evidence of a god who’s so brilliant his best plan was to create retards like us and “save us” by sending his only begotten son down to earth to have trash jews crucify him because he was so perfect!!!!

gimme a break , it’s a story so stupid a 4 year old would call it into question if the 4 year old wasnt brain washed not to call it into question

Edited by f7ben

Just can't Live and Let Live. I don't think believing in God has been the issue it's more of a interpretation by the church that have been an issue. Some of the best people I've ever met are Christians and some of the shittiest people I met in life are atheist however I'm sure this can go vice versa but it just hasn't been MY experience. 

• Like 1

More people have died in the name of religion than have been saved by it.  The world would be better off without it.   It makes zero sense to any rational person.  Never been anything more than a security blanket to rationalize death.  It’s much more comforting to believe in pearly gates and seeing loved ones again than coming to grips with becoming dust.  A congregation. is the sheep.

42 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Just can't Live and Let Live. I don't think believing in God has been the issue it's more of a interpretation by the church that have been an issue. Some of the best people I've ever met are Christians and some of the shittiest people I met in life are atheist however I'm sure this can go vice versa but it just hasn't been MY experience. 

perfect example below

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

More people have died in the name of religion than have been saved by it.  The world would be better off without it.   It makes zero sense to any rational person.  Never been anything more than a security blanket to rationalize death.  It’s much more comforting to believe in pearly gates and seeing loved ones again than coming to grips with becoming dust.  A congregation. is the sheep.

• Haha 1

I hardly think Christianity has been a significant negative issue for the United States.

As the Latino/Hispanic population grows so will the US revert back to some of its Christian roots. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2