Check your account email address ×

Catalyst Updates

p51mstg

20 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I am more excited about the update snow flap mounting. I go through enough of those with the snow flap game we play. 

Well that is all on you. First touch on my sled, and you won't be walking for months. 

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I bought one of the POS. If you can buy the big fiddy tomorrow I will change to that and brake it. A tcl made out of anything won’t make a difference to me 

My 19 and 17 are aluminum, work fine.

I'm going to have to find some rare prototype sky-blue ski loops though 

On 9/8/2023 at 11:03 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

:owned: 

Yup

16 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yes, you are a hater.  Following all cat topics and injecting your negativity is being a hater.  That's what you did and what you all do.  You had zero evidence for your little bean counter theory but went with it anyway so you could attempt a smear with shit you made up.

Real hater here. Currently 4 Cats in the stable, never owned anything but Cats, Cat banner on the garage wall flanked by signed posters from Tucker, Burandt and Tapio. I've had plenty of praise for the Catalyst. Not that you would notice in your green kool-aid induced rage at any fair criticism of the brand.

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Zero evidence?  Lol.  There are really only three possible causes this late in the build process. Incompetent part design, incompetent manufacturing or cost cutting.  Regardless someone is getting reamed for the change.

Absolutely

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well that is all on you. First touch on my sled, and you won't be walking for months. 

I told my dealer to drop it off the fork lift so I don’t have to worry about scratching it. The mechanic I am friends with said he will do a burnout in the parking lot with it before I pick it up. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

My 19 and 17 are aluminum, work fine.

I'm going to have to find some rare prototype sky-blue ski loops though 

The 5 procross I had were all metal. The metal held up fine but the motor mounts were shot on the higher mile ones.

Edited by Not greg b

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Would of been nice if they would of added a gallon for gas tank capacity and a liter for oil tank capacity!!!!

You have a hundred plus mile range regardless for most riders. Oil is only a 1/4 quart less. Not noticable. 

Edited by ZR6000RR

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I changed 3 yesterday alone.

Have fun changing you belt on the trail.

Most people dont ride like they are racers. I cant honestly in the last 15 years, been with anyone who has had to change a belt on the trail. Good news is if you have to, the belt will be warm and pliable if you use the belt holder. Non issue. 

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Most people dont ride like they are racers. I cant honestly in the last 15 years, been with anyone who has had to change a belt on the trail. Good news is if you have to, the belt will be warm and pliable if you use the belt holder. Non issue. 

I have dainty little hands and can barely get my pointer finger between the bodywork/belly pan and cover of the primary.  

You'll get it changed, but there will be lots of swearing, manipulating, and wishing you brought a pair of mechanics gloves with.

• Haha 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I have dainty little hands and can barely get my pointer finger between the bodywork/belly pan and cover of the primary.  

You'll get it changed, but there will be lots of swearing, manipulating, and wishing you brought a pair of mechanics gloves with.

Pretty confident after my 2018, still has its original belt with 4000 plus miles. And when I last rode it last winter, was still pulling 8150 with ease and next to no belt wear.

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

If you got on the gas occasionally you'd have a different experience.  

Either way, it isn't good practice to have a drive belt being hard to change in the field.  The average mechanical aptitude of today's riders is meager at best.  Not a good move. :(

jESUS tAP dANCING cHRIST, jIM. 

OK, I'll bite. No one is going to buy in to your story. Belts wear on a Cat just like any other sled. And there's a ton of us here with Cat experience ranging from racing to casual trail riding that know better. Either you never ride, or you lie alot. 

Jesus, I had to change the belt on my wife's sled today. Apparently, she's more of a rider than you are. 

• Like 1

I figured the panel would bend enough to slide the belt through.  Is that not possible?

It looks like popping the primary cover and changing springs might be tight.  I've done that quite a few times during trips and it used to be pretty easy.

• Like 1

Its definitely tight down by the primary  TIGHT!. Dug in some yesterday on mine.. I feel the Catalyst has REALLY good fit and finish compared to cats over the years.. The panels and hood are well engineered IMO.. The exhaust springs coming off the Y pipe are trick!  they have a little silicon like cone inside them to fight vibrations and breaking.. Thought that was a nice little detail. The muffler mounts in nicely.. The seat is small but functional.. Thought it was a little stiff but its going to soften a little. Overall with the little bit I broke things down everything looked good.. Best plastics i have ever seen from cat IMO.. they are painted.. The decals were all straight and even all the way around.. Best I seen from cat so far.. the running boards I like Velcro - very grippy.  The underside of the airbox/hood has a weird hole with frogskin over it.. Not sure why you would want to allow hot air to rise up into the airbox?  Guessing this in for if the outer frogskins vents for airbox get cover with snow?  I have no idea? Ill pull the clutches and break them down for a good cleaning and some aftermarket "stuff" for the primary..  The bolts have not fell off of the upper spindles yet!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Allyammies said:

Does your drive belt fell overly tight?  Buddies ZR seems real tight.

It will be tight to start for sure.. My experience is that the cat clutching runs a very tight belt with the belt riding high up over the sheaves of the secondary.. I have not dug into the clutches at all yet, but did a visual and didnt seem any tighter then my 2021 800 when new.

• Like 1