Check your account email address ×

Catalyst Updates

p51mstg

Good watch there Mnstang. Not going to miss messing with the chaincase on this sled. Will still have my 22, but it is now the wife's sled, so maybe a oil change every other year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Good watch there Mnstang. Not going to miss messing with the chaincase on this sled. Will still have my 22, but it is now the wife's sled, so maybe a oil change every other year.

I am pumped 

• Like 2

Pretty darn informative without trying to "sell" the viewer with dumb sales tactics and claims like unmatched durability and made up bar graphs.  Just information.

I thought it was cool that the riot has its own driveshaft position and that you can get it with the 1.75.  That stuff along with the catalyst chassis should make it a pretty good crossover sled.

I'd like to see them compare it to Doo & Poo, not the ProCross.  Have to say they have balls to put the engineering dorks in front of the camera.  It was almost painful to watch.  Looks to me like they did their best to catch up, we will see next year if they did more than that.

31 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I'd like to see them compare it to Doo & Poo, not the ProCross.  Have to say they have balls to put the engineering dorks in front of the camera.  It was almost painful to watch.  Looks to me like they did their best to catch up, we will see next year if they did more than that.

Only when looking through your glasses would it look that way.  

Belt drive, progressive steering, space age spindles, composite boards, belt drive, lay down motor, better pyramid with no hardware.  Lighter weight and more centralized and lower.  These are all things that are way better than competition on paper.

Alot of people already know, don't have to wait.  Like snow tech.  Like snow west.  

Cat has class, they aren't going to talk about the competition.  Or make up bar graphs out of thin air.  It wouldn't mean anything anyway coming from cat, and you'd make fun of them for it too.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Belt drive, progressive steering, space age spindles, composite boards, belt drive, lay down motor, better pyramid with no hardware.  Lighter weight and more centralized and lower.  These are all things that are way better than competition on paper.

Alot of people already know, don't have to wait.  Like snow tech.  Like snow west.  

Cat has class, they aren't going to talk about the competition.  Or make up bar graphs out of thin air.  It wouldn't mean anything anyway coming from cat, and you'd make fun of them for it too.

“Cat has class”….you’re as bad as that Ramstad clown.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't have glasses against Cat.

Belt drive

Nothing new.  Sure new for trail...but jury is out.  I like the weight loss and simplicity IF it works out.

progressive steering

Doo & Poo have had that for a while now.

space age spindles

Space age, not really.  More catchup again sadly.  They are using an engineering modelling tool that is more than 15 years old.  Peak at the Doo & Poo spindles you will see that they also optimized the geometry using a computer.

composite boards

Hopefully they work out.  The idea is great.

lay down motor

Getting the weight low is what is important.  As I said, I'd love to see a comparison with the competition instead of the ProCross.

better pyramid with no hardware

One spot of hardware on the Poo, not sure on the Doo.  Just marketing speak.

more centralized and lower

Catching up to 2005 for the competition.  NICE WORK CAT!

These are all things that are way better than competition on paper.

Most of that is catchup at best.  Notice again they did NOT compare with the competition but their old chassis.

Cat has class, they aren't going to talk about the competition. 

Actually they have been so far behind they are afraid to.  

Edited by Deephaven

19 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Hey ankle biting trolls, take your BS to the kiddie forum where you belong.

Also cool to see the 600 using vforce reeds.

Deep has issues. Doing it in a non bashing forum though? Hopefully bye bye!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, HSR said:

Ok boys let's keep the bashing down in the basement :bc:

Let the Cat boys have their own litter box cool ?

Sure…I’ll keep it classy from here on out…just like Cat.😂😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

Also cool to see the 600 using vforce reeds.

after switching to vforce on the 720 I'll say the throttle response is better... haven't noticed much other than that. 

was hoping they would discuss more about the actual internals on the 600 and reason for the changes.  

glad they put the content out and used the people behind the actual changes in the clips rather than sales/marketing types.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

glad they put the content out and used the people behind the actual changes in the clips rather than sales/marketing types.

X2.  This is the way it should be. Feels more informative and classy! 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

after switching to vforce on the 720 I'll say the throttle response is better... haven't noticed much other than that. 

was hoping they would discuss more about the actual internals on the 600 and reason for the changes.  

I'm not sure of the reasons for change on the 600.  I have heard 800 crank.. not sure why they'd do that unless it's to simplify and share parts with the big bore that will be coming out?

I don't even know if they're still using dsi and slotted piston or did they go to the style like the 2020+ 800?

A different crank is a pretty big change and kind of surprising to me they'd use that.  I'd think the 800 crank would be heavier. 

It sounds like it will be peppier with the changes to flywheel/injection and reeds and whatever else and the ride reports seem to confirm it although it's tough because it's a whole new machine with different everything.

11 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm not sure of the reasons for change on the 600.  I have heard 800 crank.. not sure why they'd do that unless it's to simplify and share parts with the big bore that will be coming out?

I don't even know if they're still using dsi and slotted piston or did they go to the style like the 2020+ 800?

A different crank is a pretty big change and kind of surprising to me they'd use that.  I'd think the 800 crank would be heavier. 

It sounds like it will be peppier with the changes to flywheel/injection and reeds and whatever else and the ride reports seem to confirm it although it's tough because it's a whole new machine with different everything.

The 600 still uses the same slotted pistons. The 800 Crank is probably lighter than the old 600. 

40 minutes ago, mnstang said:

IDK either, it's what I believe to be a significant change.  Would be curious to know the stroke of the current 600 & 800 and the stroke of the new 600 & big bore.  Can't imagine there's a significant weight change but maybe they're trying to share the same crank and case for the lower end of both engines.

I about pissed myself laughing at some folks here when they talked about the easy to pull recoil... :roflcrying:

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

IDK either, it's what I believe to be a significant change.  Would be curious to know the stroke of the current 600 & 800 and the stroke of the new 600 & big bore.  Can't imagine there's a significant weight change but maybe they're trying to share the same crank and case for the lower end of both engines.

I about pissed myself laughing at some folks here when they talked about the easy to pull recoil... :roflcrying:

Stroke on the 600 and current 800 are the same. Bore is different. 

73.8 x 70 mm  for 600 85 x 70 mm

for 800. right off Cats specs.

Edited by ZR6000RR

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Stroke on the 600 and current 800 are the same. Bore is different. 

73.8 x 70 mm  for 600 85 x 70 mm

for 800. right off Cats specs.

oh, well that explains why either can chuck out a crank bearing when assembled incorrectly from the engine plant. 

;)

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

oh, well that explains why either can chuck out a crank bearing when assembled incorrectly from the engine plant. 

;)

They are not made in Polaris engine plant. 

14 hours ago, HSR said:

Ok boys let's keep the bashing down in the basement :bc:

Let the Cat boys have their own litter box cool ?

Thought it was the HCS forum and edited my post to remove the bashing.  

Edited by Deephaven