Catalyst Updates

p51mstg

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They are not made in Polaris engine plant. 

I have some expensive pictures you're not going to like to see... nor did I like to see.

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Thought it was the HCS forum and edited my post to remove the bashing.  

Pussy 

:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

IDK either, it's what I believe to be a significant change.  Would be curious to know the stroke of the current 600 & 800 and the stroke of the new 600 & big bore.  Can't imagine there's a significant weight change but maybe they're trying to share the same crank and case for the lower end of both engines.

I about pissed myself laughing at some folks here when they talked about the easy to pull recoil... :roflcrying:

Yeah that was funny.  

But so they spent some $ on revising the recoil to make it easier, but electric start is still mandatory on most models?  🤔

Guessing that was a decision made downstream of the engineering department.

10 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yeah that was funny.  

But so they spent some $ on revising the recoil to make it easier, but electric start is still mandatory on most models?  🤔

Guessing that was a decision made downstream of the engineering department.

right 👍 and probably

I see Polaris went e-start mandatory this year as well as Doo on everything but sleds that could be raced.  Irritating...

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 10:11 AM, stinkipinki said:

Any updates on the bigger mill?

They were running the big bore up at lake of the woods running 24 hour testing. A friend of mine who works at Cat said his son was running 12 hour shifts.

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2023 at 1:15 PM, ZR6000RR said:

They were running the big bore up at lake of the woods running 24 hour testing. A friend of mine who works at Cat said his son was running 12 hour shifts.

Same guy who told you that Yamaha wasn't going anywhere?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Here is a new video on the catalyst.  Pretty good and informative.  It is showcasing the M but a lot carries over to all variants.

One of the things I thought interesting was he mentioned there will be an accessory idler for the belt drive.

And @ZR6000RR will like that he said the belt is lifetime.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 11:41 PM, mnstang said:

Here is a new video on the catalyst.  Pretty good and informative.  It is showcasing the M but a lot carries over to all variants.

One of the things I thought interesting was he mentioned there will be an accessory idler for the belt drive.

And @ZR6000RR will like that he said the belt is lifetime.

Pretty good watch. Thanks for posting it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I hadn't seen that yet, thanks for the link.

Very interesting about the TCL, too.

Yeah, not sure what the reasoning for the aluminum TCL is.  They seemed to like that carbon version in the later procross years.  I wonder if it's just for supply reasons?  I wonder if they'll address that at haydays.

This specific part and it's material was promoted and championed by the brand during the rollout of the Catalyst, but scrapped in the 25th hour.  AND the material was already in use on the analogous part on the Procross.

Maybe the new Textron corporate transplant/bean counter will be able to confirm (after referencing their iPAD) they did it to save $20 a sled.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Premium said:

This specific part and it's material was promoted and championed by the brand during the rollout of the Catalyst, but scrapped in the 25th hour.  AND the material was already in use on the analogous part on the Procross.

Maybe the new Textron corporate transplant/bean counter will be able to confirm (after referencing their iPAD) they did it to save $20 a sled.

Seriously, your hatred/jealousy is so obvious.  Did they do it to save money?  Certainly possible, although I doubt it.  And let's not pretend that all manufacturers make these kinds of decisions.

There's also many, many other possibilities of why they switched this part.

They possibly referenced the TCL while listing off parts they're making using this material.. but I must have missed the part where they "championed" the TCL.  Was that in the hater edit?  You guys are so weak and pathetic.

PS this is the Arctic Cat forum.  Not for haters, bashing, sarcastic negative remarks.  

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

Seriously, your hatred/jealousy is so obvious.  Did they do it to save money?  Certainly possible, although I doubt it.  And let's not pretend that all manufacturers make these kinds of decisions.

There's also many, many other possibilities of why they switched this part.

They possibly referenced the TCL while listing off parts they're making using this material.. but I must have missed the part where they "championed" the TCL.  Was that in the hater edit?  You guys are so weak and pathetic.

PS this is the Arctic Cat forum.  Not for haters, bashing, sarcastic negative remarks.  

Interesting that holding Cat/Textron to a high standard makes you a hater. No wonder they're digging themselves out of a huge hole with customers that have that mindset.

"In our conversation, Beavis points to the Torque Control Link (TCL) as an example of one of the systems that uses a composite material. The long-fibre composite technology was championed largely by one of Arctic Cat’s managers, Ben Langaas, who wrote his Master’s degree on composite technology and its application for this very part.

The composite TCL was developed for use in Catalyst, but since the carbon-nylon part was tested and validated early on, the team decided to use it ahead of schedule in the Ascender platform in 2021.

The actualized success of the composite TCL through testing, validation, production and real world use proved to Arctic Cat the value of finding other ways to use the technology on a wider basis."

https://sleddermag.com/arctic-cat-catalyst-design-insight-engineering/

Edited by Premium

https://www.arcticinsider.com/inside-look-five-production-changes-to-catalyst-models-zr-riot-m/

ArcticInsider September 7, 2023 At 11:39 pm

There really isn’t any conspiracy or strangeness on the TCL fellas. These types of decisions happen quite often. AC wasn’t getting what they wanted to see from the tooling, so they chose not to take any risks and went back to aluminum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Premium said:

Interesting that holding Cat/Textron to a high standard makes you a hater. No wonder they're digging themselves out of a huge hole with customers that have that mindset.

"In our conversation, Beavis points to the Torque Control Link (TCL) as an example of one of the systems that uses a composite material. The long-fibre composite technology was championed largely by one of Arctic Cat’s managers, Ben Langaas, who wrote his Master’s degree on composite technology and its application for this very part.

The composite TCL was developed for use in Catalyst, but since the carbon-nylon part was tested and validated early on, the team decided to use it ahead of schedule in the Ascender platform in 2021.

The actualized success of the composite TCL through testing, validation, production and real world use proved to Arctic Cat the value of finding other ways to use the technology on a wider basis."

:owned: 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Premium said:

Yes, you are a hater.  Following all cat topics and injecting your negativity is being a hater.  That's what you did and what you all do.  You had zero evidence for your little bean counter theory but went with it anyway so you could attempt a smear with shit you made up.

8 hours ago, p51mstg said:

https://www.arcticinsider.com/inside-look-five-production-changes-to-catalyst-models-zr-riot-m/

ArcticInsider September 7, 2023 At 11:39 pm

There really isn’t any conspiracy or strangeness on the TCL fellas. These types of decisions happen quite often. AC wasn’t getting what they wanted to see from the tooling, so they chose not to take any risks and went back to aluminum.