Check your account email address ×

2023 Polaris Indy VR1 Boost 850 Turbo

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't service anything myself anymore.  That includes 5 cars, 4 sleds, 3 quads, 2 Jetskis, a Pontoon etc.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nevermind the properties I own.:lol:

I feel a TNW Challenge coming on :lol:

Do you cut your own grass AC 550?

36 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Still do minor maintenance on the sleds - oil changes, replace wear items, etc.  Mainly because by the time I load the sleds, take them to the dealer and make another trip back to get them it's not much more time or effort. 

The dealer I use now does not take appointments, it's drop it off and we will get to it when we can.  When asked about how long it would take to have routine maintenance on three sleds he said they were backed up with the Poo recalls.  It might be two or three weeks.      

What's nice is for more than a decade that is all I have had to do.  Cannot remember the last time I had a warranty issue, let alone a major repair for a dealer.

Exactly. My neighbor at my cabin takes his sleds to the dealer for slide/chaincase oil changes. When he told me that I wanted to look at him like this....:lmao:

No Way Seriously GIF by Bounce

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, f7ben said:

Would need a $5000 plus budget to get to 230hp

buddy spent a boat load of $$$ to get his up to 250hp or so. Ignition, updated turbo guts, custom intake, etc

Has 3 modes of power he can switch between while riding. It has a stealth race gas gas tank in a link bag on the back for when he wants to go into kill mode. 

Cool setup 

7 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Fuckin high roller here boys.

I've got to do all my own maintenance, cut my grass, plow my yard.

Just a bum I guess....

Good for you.  Now add in a few more properties, it gets to be too much.

Just now, Badger** said:

Same but from time to time I will pay to have some one cut the lawn up at the lake. 

Some of the properties were/are income generators as well.  Good luck doing maintenance with others using your place as a vac rental.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roosting said:

buddy spent a boat load of $$$ to get his up to 250hp or so. Ignition, updated turbo guts, custom intake, etc

Has 3 modes of power he can switch between while riding. It has a stealth race gas gas tank in a link bag on the back for when he wants to go into kill mode. 

Cool setup 

A tune and muffler on a thundercat gets like 275 :/

1 minute ago, ACE said:

A tune and muffler on a thundercat gets like 275 :/

Nobody said it was a wise decision. But it is possibly one of the best mods (power wise) out there with all of the custom machined stuff he has for it. Cant remember exactly but it has 30 + lbs of boost if I'm remembering correctly. 

They were contemplating marketing this for sale but I dont think the effort was there for that aspect.