Check your account email address ×

2023 Polaris Indy VR1 Boost 850 Turbo

4 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Nobody said it was a wise decision. But it is possibly one of the best mods (power wise) out there with all of the custom machined stuff he has for it. Cant remember exactly but it has 30 + lbs of boost if I'm remembering correctly. 

They were contemplating marketing this for sale but I dont think the effort was there for that aspect. 

Tbh if the ECU wasn’t encrypted and you could get an honest 230 hp with just a tune on the 900r I think I’d be super happy with that sled 

but as it is you need a new ecu which still has gremlins, injectors, and possibly turbo. 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Tbh if the ECU wasn’t encrypted and you could get an honest 230 hp with just a tune on the 900r I think I’d be super happy with that sled 

but as it is you need a new ecu which still has gremlins, injectors, and possibly turbo. 

just got a text back from him I was wrong it's 50+ psi of boost and 500+hp. It's right at the limit of pretty much everything.

Hopes it dosent split in half dyno tuning it. There is nothing left on the table, figures 525 or so is the max potential from this motor and no more.

2 minutes ago, Roosting said:

just got a text back from him I was wrong it's 50+ psi of boost and 500+hp. It's right at the limit of pretty much everything.

Hopes it dosent split in half dyno tuning it. There is nothing left on the table, figures 525 or so is the max potential from this motor and no more.

Jeebus that must have cost thousands and thousands 

that’s useless to me. 230-270 is lots for a trail sled. 

I think the last time he had it out with less boost he was lifting the head and blowing studs. got that all upgraded and added more boost to what he has now. Still dialing it in so not fully trail ready.

He does ride this on the trail at a lower power mode but can dial it right up to full power in an instant if needed. LoL

Just now, Roosting said:

I think the last time he had it out with less boost he was lifting the head and blowing studs. got that all upgraded and added more boost to what he has now. Still dialing it in so not fully trail ready.

He does ride this on the trail at a lower power mode but can dial it right up to full power in an instant if needed. LoL

The 900 is a pretty weak engine all around. Would never be my choice of engine to take that far but hey if a guy has fuck you money then who cares 

Just now, ACE said:

The 900 is a pretty weak engine all around. Would never be my choice of engine to take that far but hey if a guy has fuck you money then who cares 

He is a man with a plan with the requisite pocket of FU $$$ 

custom CNC machining dont happen for free. 

2 minutes ago, Roosting said:

He wants to be the king of speed and run it at the local speed run " the ball licker" 

Ball licker hey. They used to have one of those around Winnipeg 

54 minutes ago, Roosting said:

buddy spent a boat load of $$$ to get his up to 250hp or so. Ignition, updated turbo guts, custom intake, etc

Has 3 modes of power he can switch between while riding. It has a stealth race gas gas tank in a link bag on the back for when he wants to go into kill mode. 

Cool setup 

Does he have to change his clutching for each mode he changes to ?????

Just now, Roosting said:

Hey it's the truth. 

At 500hp you need to add some weight or it will explode. In trail conditions for a quick blast not an issue if you pay attention to rpms. 

Do you think 230hp clutching will give you max results at 500hp? 

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

Same but from time to time I will pay to have some one cut the lawn up at the lake. 

Let me guess, your lawnmower guy runs a Craftsman rider with a hopped up Briggs&Stratton pushing 85hp on pump gas :lol:

1 minute ago, ACE said:

North Mountain Riders. Snoman trails 

Would love to come out that way. Might get there some day. LoL

Just hate driving for more than 2 hours to go ride. Did 11 hour drives to go racing and had enough of that.

It's a 4 hour drive to get out your way. Might have to try it in the spring when we get some longer days to make the trip worth while. 

Edited by Roosting

15 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Would love to come out that way. Might get there some day. LoL

Just hate driving for more than 2 hours to go ride. Did 11 hour drives to go racing and had enough of that.

It's a 4 hour drive to get out your way. Might have to try it in the spring when we get some longer days to make the trip worth while. 

You used to race?