Check your account email address ×

2023 Polaris Indy VR1 Boost 850 Turbo

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That will depreciate the sled big time.

To each their own.:lol:

Don't think people who buy big hp kits care about depreciation or voiding warranty. 

The modding/tinkering buyer is better served by the 998.  The rest of the sledding world wants a sled that performs reliably.

My dealer took a total of 2 spring orders for yamacats and more than 90 orders for 900's across all models (turbo and non).  

1 minute ago, jdsky said:

The modding/tinkering buyer is better served by the 998.  The rest of the sledding world wants a sled that performs reliably.

My dealer took a total of 2 spring orders for yamacats and more than 90 orders for 900's across all models (turbo and non).  

There are a lot of faggots out there 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There are a lot of faggots out there 

Yeah. Thing is modding the 998 is so non intrusive. Cheap tune and some clutching. Easy to put back to stock with no footprint 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ACE said:

Dealer told me there’s a clutching and flash update to make the R less of a turd 

I’m pretty happy with my turd.  Didn’t buy it with any intentions of being the fastest or modding it.  I think it runs pretty nice.

• Like 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I’m pretty happy with my turd.  Didn’t buy it with any intentions of being the fastest or modding it.  I think it runs pretty nice.

Well it works for that 

hit 100 mph gps yet?

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Dealer told me there’s a clutching and flash update to make the R less of a turd 

Biggest issue is uncalibrated throttle bodies.

One guy on dootalk says his was only going 91% open before fix. No top end numbers yet but he said it feels alot stronger 🤷

18 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Biggest issue is uncalibrated throttle bodies.

One guy on dootalk says his was only going 91% open before fix. No top end numbers yet but he said it feels alot stronger 🤷

Complete bullshit , all that matter is if the tps is showing 100% when at full throttle 

58 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Complete bullshit , all that matter is if the tps is showing 100% when at full throttle 

Yeah the throttle actually has to be closed quite a ways to start limiting hp. If the TPS shows 100% then it’s getting max fuel and boost. 

16 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yeah the throttle actually has to be closed quite a ways to start limiting hp. If the TPS shows 100% then it’s getting max fuel and boost. 

Exactly , the actual blade being open or close a few degrees makes no difference. Most sleds don’t actually have the blade 100% open before it hits the stop. I’ve adjusted several and noticed no difference. It would be even less critical with forced induction. 

Ask the rider in Quebec who has big miles between services which sled he wants to ride, a 4s or 2. It ain't a race. Lots of guys are doing 1000 mile loops in 4 days who want reliability and efficiency. Not saying the 900 is good or bad, just saying it fits the bill for those riders.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jdsky said:

I grew up modding and tinkering sleds.   I’ve lost count of how many hours I’ve spent out in a cold garage skinning my knuckles trying to make my shit faster. Now I just want to ride. And yes, if I wanted to mod a sled  for max power and top speed, I would go with a Yamaha for sure

57 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Ask the rider in Quebec who has big miles between services which sled he wants to ride, a 4s or 2. It ain't a race. Lots of guys are doing 1000 mile loops in 4 days who want reliability and efficiency. Not saying the 900 is good or bad, just saying it fits the bill for those riders.

Exactly. I am hoping to get some miles on like that next week in Quebec. I remember one weekend years ago we did 1300 miles in 4 1/2 days on my SRX, through Quebec and New Brunswick. It was glorious.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Nailed it JJ. :bc:

The first ride this year for Cancer takes place next week, 1 day ride 500 miles in the UP'er  few weeks later they do another 500 miles and same day another group will do 700 miles all in one day. 

:backpeddle::lol:

7 hours ago, Badger** said:

. I don't know who did the work on it but I can find out, I know of two of them.    

7 hours ago, Badger** said:

. Like I said I can find out more. 

Screenshot_20230105_181524_Samsung Internet.jpg