Check your account email address ×

Sled Insurance

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Out of the thousands and thousands of sled crashes that happen every year across dozens of states you came up with one story from 10 years ago. Congrats faggot ....I think I'll take my chances :lol: insurance is a fucking sucker bet

You asked and after 2-3 pages in a very simple Google search, I found one for you.  I'd guess you don't hear of them often because they are not high-profile. 

Thankfully for you, a curb, corner, or Corvette will take you out first.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Out of the thousands and thousands of sled crashes that happen every year across dozens of states you came up with one story from 10 years ago. Congrats faggot ....I think I'll take my chances :lol: insurance is a fucking sucker bet

until some one is a paraplegic  because u caught a ski with them . slim chance but comp is jack shit . hell I know a guy who had a car pull in fr of him at a gas station he hit the side of the car . he had no insurance on a old pile zr so the fault was automatically put on him by the cops for some reason . operated in or on public roads sort of shit

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

sure ben you go with that,  hit someone with you sled and injure them and see how that works out for you

true but i'll still be a hood rich ginger 

ginger_is_the_new_black_by_hakfest.jpg.4

Yep 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

so halfway through the season with a brand new cat :lol:

:lol:  

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

You asked and after 2-3 pages in a very simple Google search, I found one for you.  I'd guess you don't hear of them often because they are not high-profile. 

Thankfully for you, a curb, corner, or Corvette will take you out first.

Ooooof :snack:

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Like I said , I'll take my chances

Its the only reason one has insurance, in case.

In Ontario we don't have a choice, its required and expect to be stopped on the trail at some point for checks (docs) by the good members of the OPP.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

If you have any assets you should buy insurance. After having 2 sleds stolen in the 90's (I was insured) I always insure,

I always had full coverage, except on the older sleds I drop the collision. Cracked up one sled on a huge snow bank but I fixed it myself. Just a couple of plastic pieces.

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

If you have any assets you should buy insurance. After having 2 sleds stolen in the 90's (I was insured) I always insure,

Yup.  Around here half the radio ads are from personally injury lawyers letting us all know "we don't get paid until you get paid".  Far too much fraud as well.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I always had full coverage, except on the older sleds I drop the collision. Cracked up one sled on a huge snow bank but I fixed it myself. Just a couple of plastic pieces.

I am actually more concerned about theft and collision than liability.

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yes and No.  A lot are under the misconception that having insurance covers them.  How many people know what their liability on personal payout is on their policy?  Most carry less than $50k.  State minimums are around $25k.  Once that is reached...insurance is done.  How much is $25-50k gonna cover if you put somebody in the hospital with serious injuries...or kill them?  ALMOST NOTHING.  And no, nobody can sue insurance for more...It is now on the operator and that's when wage garnishments for the rest of ones life happens.  Personal injury liens cannot be done away with in bankruptcy either.

SO...thinking "I'm good" because I have insurance is fucking stupid.  I carry a large umbrella liability policy, so insuring my sleds was just for a bit of extra protection for the sleds.

We are some of the most idiotic people when it comes to smart decisions with insurance.  If it makes you feel "protected" great...insurance does that, but unless you know what you are doing and buying, you really aren't very protected at all.  And we all want the cheapest rates...RIGHT?  So, the insurance companies thank you for being a fool.  So..let's stop with all this self righteous "be responsible and have insurance for your sled" talk.  It's idiotic.

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yes and No.  A lot are under the misconception that having insurance covers them.  How many people know what their liability on personal payout is on their policy?  Most carry less than $50k.  State minimums are around $25k.  Once that is reached...insurance is done.  How much is $25-50k gonna cover if you put somebody in the hospital with serious injuries...or kill them?  ALMOST NOTHING.  And no, nobody can sue insurance for more...It is now on the operator and that's when wage garnishments for the rest of ones life happens.  Personal injury liens cannot be done away with in bankruptcy either.

SO...thinking "I'm good" because I have insurance is fucking stupid.  I carry a large umbrella liability policy, so insuring my sleds was just for a bit of extra protection for the sleds.

We are some of the most idiotic people when it comes to smart decisions with insurance.  If it makes you feel "protected" great...insurance does that, but unless you know what you are doing and buying, you really aren't very protected at all.  And we all want the cheapest rates...RIGHT?  So, the insurance companies thank you for being a fool.  So..let's stop with all this self righteous "be responsible and have insurance for your sled" talk.  It's idiotic.

1.8 million 

my umbrella requires a minimum base coverage between 3 and 500k on everything else.  They also surcharge me now that i have a teenage driver in the house so he will go onto his own policy next year when he turns 18 and i am sure the surcharge will double with kid number 2 coming in July.  

And ben i don't see all sort of articles in the paper about lawsuits over car accidents but I would bet we all know a handful of people who have been involved in them.  and i know several people that were paying settlements for upwards of a decade after the incident where they were uninsured.  At least if you have some basic coverage the lawyers in the quest for quick easy money will limit the damage to that.  

As the breadwinner in my house i owe it to my wife and kids to make sure they are protected,  it's why i have life, disability and pay the whopping $80 year for liability on my sled. 

Edited by Angry ginger

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Standard liability when you talk to an insurance company in Ontario is $1M and most of the people I know have $2M coverage. The legal minimum though I believe is $200K. Even $200K won't go far for some personal injury awards.

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Exactly ....but worrying OCD cry asses like Ginger have to be insured for every potential negative event they could ever face regardless of how far fetched it is :lol:

I'm going to take out a 10 million dollar astroid impact policy on my home because "I dont want to lose everything"

It all depends on how much you have to lose, if I hit someone with my sled and either cripple or kill them my happy ass is going to get sued plain and simple, insurance is a no-brainer.

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It all depends on how much you have to lose, if I hit someone with my sled and either cripple or kill them my happy ass is going to get sued plain and simple, insurance is a no-brainer.

You may get sued and it would get tossed out instantly because its impossible to prove liability

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You may get sued and it would get tossed out instantly because its impossible to prove liability

keep telling yourself that... especially with so many people running with things like GoPro cameras that record everything now.

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

keep telling yourself that... especially with so many people running with things like GoPro cameras that record everything now.

:lol: you're a fucking moron. 1 out of 1000 riders is wearing a gopro

Just now, washedupmxer said:

Instant stats are awesome :lol:

Not a shred of truth though :lol:

Go clean out the shit bucket in your bathroom you faggot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Make no mistake your are liable if you damage someones property. If you hurt someoneyou could be as well