Check your account email address ×

Who's been to Germany?

I don't drink beer but yes they drink the beer warm.  Was told the Americans wreck the beer drinking it cold.  At the house restaurant I had Vodka and orange juice with one ice cube in a small glass.  I got a 2nd and asked for a double then got the same size glass with two ice cubes

Food is going to be a little different. Not bad but a little different.  Everything seems to be cooked in oil or lard.  We had a bread/ biscuit basket that the local guys were putting bacon bit flavored lard on like butter and loved it.  Tried it but was a little to rich for me.

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Fuckin Polaris can't get their recalls done otherwise it would be in the garage! 

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Haha! Fuck those recalls!

Recalls, who needs recalls.

I think my 2019 indy xc has the same. Fuck it.

• Like 1

Go to Berchtesgaden if you get the chance, gorgeous. Also, if you make it there, go to the Kehlsteinhaus, otherwise known as the Eagle's Nest. It was Hitler's Alpine retreat. Pretty amazing experience.

www.berchtesgaden.de/en/historical-tours/eagle-s-nest-historical-tour

Rhein Valley is cool, vineyards and castles and small towns with great food and lots of great beer!

Dachau concentration camp is definitely worth seeing also. Not very close to Berlin though. 

It's a beautiful country.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I joined trailconditions.com in 1997. It was the first of the snowmobile sites that I recall. I remember roadwarrior, sparky, Ron the old fart. Who was it that ran the place? 

1Hotsled , Amsnow :thumb: you amirite???

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

MmHmm. 

:bc: I bought clutch stuff off you  and we chatted on the phone. I know this because I was reminiscing going through all my old note books and print outs from them days about 4 months ago when I was cleaning out the garage :thumb: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, HSR said:

:bc: I bought clutch stuff off you  and we chatted on the phone. I know this because I was reminiscing going through all my old note books and print outs from them days about 4 months ago when I was cleaning out the garage :thumb: 

Maybe you spoke to Spin?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I joined trailconditions.com in 1997. It was the first of the snowmobile sites that I recall. I remember roadwarrior, sparky, Ron the old fart. Who was it that ran the place? 

Rode with Roady a couple times, came out to Binghamton some years back when we were motocrossing, he's talking about coming to Maine again this winter with Bobby NJ.  He's still salty as hell, worse than all of us.  :lol: Thats what these forums should be about imo.  :bc: 

I was in Germany last week for the third time this year.  Not sure what sort of travel you like to do or how long you are planning.  Let us know and what questions you have.

I saw the recommendation for a train, but will warn you they have a super cheap ticket right now for all Germans and not being it is expensive. Many times it is cheaper to get a car.  Completely depends on where you are going.

If you do rent a car, reserve an automatic.  They won't have one and almost always upgrade you a class or two to compensate.

Berlin has a few classic sites and an interesting youth night club scene but outside of that it is a short stop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSR said:

No kidding? Cool. I bought and sold so much stuff back then-that I lost track of who and what. 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Rode with Roady a couple times, came out to Binghamton some years back when we were motocrossing, he's talking about coming to Maine again this winter with Bobby NJ.  He's still salty as hell, worse than all of us.  :lol: Thats what these forums should be about imo.  :bc: 

Roady was a crabby man. Archie Bunker in an Arctic Cat suit. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Roady was a crabby man. Archie Bunker in an Arctic Cat suit. 

I run into him every now and then, saw him about 2-3 months ago and shot the shit.

14 hours ago, Doug said:

I don't drink beer but yes they drink the beer warm.  Was told the Americans wreck the beer drinking it cold.  At the house restaurant I had Vodka and orange juice with one ice cube in a small glass.  I got a 2nd and asked for a double then got the same size glass with two ice cubes

They don't drink beer warm.  Not even close. They definitely don't use much ice though.  Coke could come warm, but it is more expensive than beer so why bother.

What sort of trip are you looking for Steve?