Check your account email address ×

An honest question

For those of you who vote blue, do you honestly feel you are better off today then you were two years ago? I don't want to hear a bunch of TDS bullshit. If you think you are better off in terms of the economy, etc. let's hear why. I'm not trying to start an insult fest but want to hear honest answers.

9 minutes ago, Catman800 said:

For those of you who vote blue, do you honestly feel you are better off today then you were two years ago? I don't want to hear a bunch of TDS bullshit. If you think you are better off in terms of the economy, etc. let's hear why. I'm not trying to start an insult fest but want to hear honest answers.

Maybe you're asking the wrong question. 

Just now, Catman800 said:

The wrong question? Just trying to understand the views of other is all. 

The best way to honestly understand someone's views is to just let them direct the conversation and say what they want instead of asking a specific question that you think is the right question. :bc:

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

The best way to honestly understand someone's views is to just let them direct the conversation and say what they want instead of asking a specific question that you think is the right question. :bc:

Direct the conversation? There isn't one yet. I'm just wondering if people like the direction the country is heading or the current state? I'm certainly not better off than I was two years ago regardless of whose fault it is and I'm wondering why some think we should keep the status quo instead of seeking change. 

• Like 1

I haven't liked the direction of the country for the last 21 years. That includes 12 years of republican administrations and 10 years of democrat. Who to blame... I blame easily distracted Americans

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

it was a pretty simple yes or no question, try not to overthink it.  :bc: 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Anler said:

I haven't liked the direction of the country for the last 21 years. That includes 12 years of republican administrations and 10 years of democrat. Who to blame... I blame easily distracted Americans

Was it going the right direction 21 years ago?  There's no right direction....in fact was there ever?   All we can hope for the closest to the direction we think it should go.  Its like trail riding up north and wanting to get to Stillwaters but ending up at Burnt Bridge.  :lol:     

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

There's no right direction....in fact was there ever?   All we can hope for the closest to the direction we think it should go. 

Our foreign wars have stolen trillions from us. That alone should bother everybody

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think some people understand that global inflation isn’t an overnight occurrence and takes years in the making. They also understand presidents have little control over monetary policy. Reducing a global interconnected system into such a simple question implies it’s a simple fix, one that a president can change with the stroke of a pen. It’s not.

Just now, Anler said:

Our foreign wars have stolen trillions from us. That alone should bother everybody

See my edit.   I'll agree but we simply replaced the cold war spending with conflict spending.   Its not really any less.  The difference is we've lost and injured way too many. 

5 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I think some people understand that global inflation isn’t an overnight occurrence and takes years in the making. They also understand presidents have little control over monetary policy. Reducing a global interconnected system into such a simple question implies it’s a simple fix, one that a president can change with the stroke of a pen. It’s not.

While you aren't wrong it sure seemed to spike in a hurry.  Biden's stance on energy contributed to it significantly.   What isn't produced with the use of fossil fuels?  The POTUS can't go around saying they want to destroy the industry without it impacting it.  Trump shifted markets in a similar manner.

I firmly believe we can get inflation well under 5% simply by taking a different approach to energy production.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Catman800 said:

I voted some Blue, some Yellow, and some Red.  I personally am doing much better financially than a couple years ago.  Income is up, as are prices, however the costs of goods and services doesn’t eclipse increased income.

Neal

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

While you aren't wrong it sure seemed to spike in a hurry.  Biden's stance on energy contributed to it significantly.   What isn't produced with the use of fossil fuels?  The POTUS can't go around saying they want to destroy the industry without it impacting it.  Trump shifted markets in a similar manner.

I firmly believe we can get inflation well under 5% simply by taking a different approach to energy production.    

How does US current oil and NG production now compare to before Biden?

51 minutes ago, Highmark said:

21 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

This

"U.S. oil output climbed to nearly 12 million barrels per day (bpd) in August, government figures showed on Monday, the highest since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic"

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Highmark said:

poor akvanden

This Week in GIFs: Akron - Wide Right & Natty Lite

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, akvanden said:

This

"U.S. oil output climbed to nearly 12 million barrels per day (bpd) in August, government figures showed on Monday, the highest since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic"

Funny way of saying down 1,000,000 barrels a day....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Same but there has been growth including growth outside the US.   Remember is a global commodity.  

23 minutes ago, akvanden said:

This

So we are at the highest output since March 2020?   Has the world economy stopped growing?  Are we making more or less products out of petroleum?  Oops. 

How much of that was from the SPR?  

I don't get how people brag that production is the same as a few years ago and don't take into account economic growth since then?  

Lets also be clear as I was pointing out before market prices are impacted by perception as well as current supply.  Do you honestly think if Biden came out tomorrow and said we are going to do EVERYTHING we can to increase production prices wouldn't fall?  :lol:   Come on people. 

Edited by Highmark

26 minutes ago, akvanden said:

This

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Funny way of saying down 1,000,000 barrels a day....

From the same article. :lmao:

Overall U.S. output peaked at 13 million bpd in late 2019, and has not returned to that level since the pandemic started 

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member

I don’t let or am at all dependent on which party controls the government.  If you are so dependent on the government and who controls it I feel sorry for you.  

You are messing up in life if you aren’t better off as the years progress.

• Like 1