Check your account email address ×

"It never rains in Southern California"...

irv

...but it snows.

“It’s a thunderstorm, but instead of rain falling, it’s snow,” Schenk said. “You don’t see that much around here, so it can be pretty exciting.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-11-03/southern-california-mountains-see-seasons-first-snow

Snow falls across parts of Arizona causing delays and accidents.

https://www.kold.com/2022/11/03/snow-begins-falling-across-parts-arizona/

But ma global warmings!!! :wacko:

Warmer temperatures cause more water to evaporate from the land and oceans, which leads to more precipitation, larger storms, and more variation in precipitation in some areas. In general, a warmer climate causes more of this precipitation to fall in the form of rain instead of snow. Some places, however, could see more snowfall if temperatures rise but still remain below the freezing point, or if storm tracks change. Areas near large lakes might also experience more snowfall as lakes remain unfrozen for longer periods, allowing more water to evaporate. In contrast, other areas might experience less snowfall as a result of wintertime droughts... Yada yada yada, science stuff...

https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-snowfall 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Lots of extremes everywhere, from droughts in Kenya to floods in Pakistan to extreme heat waves we have seen here at home in the states.The climate is changing without a doubt and rather dramatically......you can argue the causes or even claim it is natural but to deny it is just plain ignorance.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hundreds-elephants-zebras-die-kenya-123313615.html

3 hours ago, irv said:

...but it snows.

“It’s a thunderstorm, but instead of rain falling, it’s snow,” Schenk said. “You don’t see that much around here, so it can be pretty exciting.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-11-03/southern-california-mountains-see-seasons-first-snow

Flagstaff area gets alot of snow every year. It's in the mountains. They have sled trails there apparently. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

'Covid'.... 'climate change'....

Do you people walk around with a kick me sign on your back? I bet you don't even know it....

You're trying too hard....little Moe Moe:lol:

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

4 hours ago, irv said:

...but it snows.

It fucking snows in N AZ regularly there are fucking sled rental outfits in the hills of flagstaff.  And Southern CA has ski resorts and sled trails hell they even have snomobile clubs in Sothern CA.  I have a Bakersfield sugar loafers snomobile club shirt . Nor a anomaly at all prett6 normal . Acctaly a bit late for the higher elevations 

5 hours ago, irv said:

...but it snows.

Have you spent any time in the southwest? My god. 

• Gold Member

plus 13 c here tonight in november.out by the door for a puff, dont even need a coat.

i say increase coal production asap and bring back the 60's style cars.

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2022 at 8:10 PM, Steve753 said:

Flagstaff area gets alot of snow every year. It's in the mountains. They have sled trails there apparently. 

And ski resorts  :lol: 

We've had all 50 states simultaneously with snow before..... more than once

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

And ski resorts  :lol: 

We've had all 50 states simultaneously with snow before..... more than once

Right!

I'm no climate crisis believer, but some of these fools really don't help their case.

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Right!

I'm no climate crisis believer, but some of these fools really don't help their case.

Skiing 9100 feet above sea level and only 75 miles north of Mexico  :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

If you have ever been to the Big Island of Hawaii, you can see snow there also!

One year we went to the top of Haleakala in Maui and it was 28*f. Snow is not unusual at higher elevations 

3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Right!

Whoosh!

Did you even read the articles? Considering we weren't suppose to see any snow at all, let alone in places like California because of global warming, you not find that odd that they are seeing record breaking cold temps and snow way earlier than normal in the mountains in both places?

Flagstaff is over a month early to see snow, but GlObAL WaRmiNgZZ!! 

Mountain areas were 20 to 30 degrees cooler than usual Thursday, she said, with highs near Big Bear reaching the mid-30s.

but temperatures are still going to be below normal everywhere.”

A freeze watch was issued for Thursday night into Friday morning for the Antelope Valley and across other areas north into Ventura County, including the Ojai Valley, with temperatures falling as low at 28 degrees.

Morning temperatures in the 40s are expected in the Los Angeles Basin and valleys, with the Santa Clarita Valley expected to see temperatures in the 30s.

The Antelope Valley city gets some snowfall every three years or so, but the amount of powder recorded on Thursday is unusually high.

Ojai, California gets 19 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Ojai averages 0 inches of snow per year. 

Including the Ojai Valley, with temperatures falling as low at 28 degrees.

Gretaa3.jpg

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, irv said:

Whoosh!

Did you even read the articles? Considering we weren't suppose to see any snow at all, let alone in places like California because of global warming, you not find that odd that they are seeing record breaking cold temps and snow way earlier than normal in the mountains in both places?

Flagstaff is over a month early to see snow, but GlObAL WaRmiNgZZ!! 

Mountain areas were 20 to 30 degrees cooler than usual Thursday, she said, with highs near Big Bear reaching the mid-30s.

but temperatures are still going to be below normal everywhere.”

A freeze watch was issued for Thursday night into Friday morning for the Antelope Valley and across other areas north into Ventura County, including the Ojai Valley, with temperatures falling as low at 28 degrees.

Morning temperatures in the 40s are expected in the Los Angeles Basin and valleys, with the Santa Clarita Valley expected to see temperatures in the 30s.

The Antelope Valley city gets some snowfall every three years or so, but the amount of powder recorded on Thursday is unusually high.

Ojai, California gets 19 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Ojai averages 0 inches of snow per year. 

Including the Ojai Valley, with temperatures falling as low at 28 degrees.

Gretaa3.jpg

I think you're missing the point.

16 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I think you're missing the point.

Let me guess, you want me to say what point, then you'll come back with some nonsensical gibberish to which you'll want me to reply to again. Rinse and repeat just as long as it keeps you on the keyboard and typing, right? 

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Let me guess, you want me to say what point, then you'll come back with some nonsensical gibberish to which you'll want me to reply to again. Rinse and repeat just as long as it keeps you on the keyboard and typing, right? 

What people are trying to explain to you is its not an anomaly for it to snow early in these places.

But instead you think everyone is against you.