Check your account email address ×

King Crab Cancelled For 2nd Year…Snow Crab As Well

Probably a combination of all the above. Fishing pressure, disease, and change of environment. It seems to me like this happens somewhere else with cold water crab. One thing is sure, there’s a collapse in population. I wonder what other species this will effect 

Edited by spin_dry

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Cool you did that?? What did you fish for??

Yeah last season on DC they said that the Russians have 100 guys working their huge crab boats,no survivors keep everything they catch. No limits. Just sickening.

Russians are a fucking scourge. Wherever they are there’s disruption and death. Is it any wonder that they got stuck on a fucking big wasteland of a country. 

30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Russians are a fucking scourge. Wherever they are there’s disruption and death. Is it any wonder that they got stuck on a fucking big wasteland of a country. 

Totally agree :thumbsup: why a red blooded American would brag about promoting their products blows me away. SMH. Just despicable people.

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It isn't the Russians, but their leadership.  The fish stinks from the head.  Generally they are really good people but the media manipulation and shit at the top has them blinded.  

8 hours ago, HSR said:

Totally agree :thumbsup: why a red blooded American would brag about promoting their products blows me away. SMH. Just despicable people.

Their practices are disgusting in this domain and should be shunned and boycotted.  Sure I love king crab, but unless something is done the resource will be gone.

9 hours ago, HSR said:

It's all about the Money, The Company & "My Job"

Money is The Root of All Evil.

money.jpg.3948e8921ca3204035d13e16b5750fbd.jpg

Edited by Jerry 976
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

buddy of mine from Kentucky was a cameraman on DC for six seasons, four of which on the Northwestern, he also worked in Nome on Bering Sea Gold... to be short, he has some fantastic stories.  he still works for Discovery, haven't seen him in several years now.

That's cool.Sig's boat seems to be one of the safest and most successful. The new DC special all about him and his family is awesome. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, HSR said:

That's cool.Sig's boat seems to be one of the safest and most successful. The new DC special all about him and his family is awesome. 

Sig is obviously one of the OG’s on the show and my favorite but new to the show Rip Carlton and The Patricia Lee catch alot of crab and make a ton of money.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sig is obviously one of the OG’s on the show and my favorite but new to the show Rip Carlton and The Patricia Lee catch alot of crab and make a ton of money.

Yeah Rip is a good crabber and entertaining to watch.His crew makes huge bank :bc:

3 hours ago, HSR said:

it's coated in cigarette stains inside... those folks smoke like sailors.  nome is as weird as it seems, if not weirder.  his favorite thing to do on off days was drive around and look at people's junk, cuz he's from the backwoods of Kentucky.  :)

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's coated in cigarette stains inside... those folks smoke like sailors.  nome is as weird as it seems, if not weirder.  his favorite thing to do on off days was drive around and look at people's junk, cuz he's from the backwoods of Kentucky.  :)

Even after almost croaking at sea from a heart attack Sig still seems to suck ‘em down one after another.😂

Start at about 634 and this is not even a big one . The canery ones are 10 times this size and as soon as the net is empty it is put back in 365 24 7  .

All they have to do is be in international watter 24 mi off shore and they can do what the fuck they want and do 

https://youtu.be/RXKjtGp7e1U

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Start at about 634 and this is not even a big one . The canery ones are 10 times this size and as soon as the net is empty it is put back in 365 24 7  .

All they have to do is be in international watter 24 mi off shore and they can do what the fuck they want and do 

https://youtu.be/RXKjtGp7e1U

well, we've EIGHT BILLION people to feed.... ;)

Start this one at about 440 and there are 1000s of these tuna boats out there . This has been how it is done even when I was a kid .

Back then we would circle a school off or close to 24 mi out  with the help of a spotter plane drag the school call in the jap caning ships they scoop em out and pay cash . Again all the time . But yeah it's the climate 

Edited by Ez ryder

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Start this one at about 440 and there are 1000s of these tuna boats out there . This has been how it is done even when I was a kid .

Back then we would circle a school off or close to 24 mi out  with the help of a spotter plane drag the school call in the jap caning ships they scoop em out and pay cash . Again all the time . But yeah it's the climate 

Just sickening,both vids. I'm really surprised that US meat distributors support these markets.One would think if season is closed for US fisherman/Crabbers that they wouldn't just buy Russian/Japanese products essentially keeping their own people out of work. They should be boycotted but I guess money talks.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:15 PM, Badger** said:

Working with some of the best industry so how many pallets do you want?? 6-9 king crabs reds 20# case 55.99 per pound $1,119 per case 25 cases on a pallet = $27,995 per pallet FOB Wisconsin. Get them while they last. :bc: Holman Seafood and Supreme Lobster. 

Do you know where this crab is coming from? Or do you just sell what’s available? 
Would you be happy selling Russian crab while Americans are out of work?

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Do you know where this crab is coming from? Or do you just sell what’s available? 
Would you be happy selling Russian crab while Americans are out of work?

I can check it out for you on Monday. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I can check it out for you on Monday. :thumbsup:

Wow I thought you would know that. For sure check it out and do NOT promote/sell Russian crab!! I would think a proud American wouldn’t support them and put your own out of work at the same time. 

Just now, HSR said:

Wow I thought you would know that. For sure check it out and do NOT promote/sell Russian crab!! I would think a proud American wouldn’t support them and put your own out of work at the same time. 

I don't own them are you a buyer Steve?? If not move along, money talks bull shit walks. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I don't own them are you a buyer Steve?? If not move along, money talks bull shit walks. :thumbsup:

You’re a Putin shill then. Money talks American workers walk.