Check your account email address ×

King Crab Cancelled For 2nd Year…Snow Crab As Well

• Jimmy Snacks changed the title to King Crab Cancelled For 2nd Year…Snow Crab As Well
1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sig Hansen from Deadliest Catch has gone back to Norway to set up shop. As they say on there.DO NOT buy Russian king crab. It is because of their lack of conservation rules and fishing rules and regulations that the king crab industry is in dire straights. Fuck the Russians :thumb: and anyone peddling their wares over here.

50 minutes ago, HSR said:

Sig Hansen from Deadliest Catch has gone back to Norway to set up shop. As they say on there.DO NOT buy Russian king crab. It is because of their lack of conservation rules and fishing rules and regulations that the king crab industry is in dire straights. Fuck the Russians :thumb: and anyone peddling their wares over here.

The China and Japan floating prossesing plants have been doing biz just off international Watters as farther back then when I was going out fishing AK in the 70s and 80s 

They never asked questions or took counts of anything . Suck em up and pay cash 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

The China and Japan floating prossesing plants have been doing biz just off international Watters as farther back then when I was going out fishing AK in the 70s and 80s 

They never asked questions or took counts of anything . Suck em up and pay cash 

Cool you did that?? What did you fish for??

Yeah last season on DC they said that the Russians have 100 guys working their huge crab boats,no survivors keep everything they catch. No limits. Just sickening.

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Cool you did that?? What did you fish for??

Yeah last season on DC they said that the Russians have 100 guys working their huge crab boats,no survivors keep everything they catch. No limits. Just sickening.

I spent every summer in AK on the old man's fishing boat as a young  kid prob 8  in to my 20s  Mostly Gill net salmon out of Homer  /seward/few Kodiak  runs etc But some tuna and personal / friends and family crab /shrimp .

Old man lived hard and fast like most fisherman of the time you don't stay awake for days at a time on will power lol  . He had a body shop and some guy traded him a old wood Trowler and a salmon license for a truck and some body work . The old man was like fuck it I'm going to give it a shot this summer has to be better than sitting in the shop  . And he did it for the next 30 yrs.  After 3 yrs bought a new boat at the time it was the most advanced gillnet boat in AK we drove it up from washingtion.  It had a article about it in the trade rag . 

Long story short that summer both cats died in 25 /35 foot seas . Waves busted out the fr glass snapped a outrigger not good at all . Everyone was in there dry suits  eventually storm ended and we were boarded by Russian military and they towed us back to US Waters where the guard yanked us home . Only time in my life I was sure i was going to die lol .

They fixed the boat and he ran it for the next 25 or more yrs . When he retired sold the license to a larger outfit for about 100000% more than he paid for it lol .

I deff have some crazy storys about my times up there.  My old man had some wild buddy's we would hang with 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I spent every summer in AK on the old man's fishing boat as a young  kid prob 8  in to my 20s  Mostly Gill net salmon out of Homer  /seward/few Kodiak  runs etc But some tuna and personal / friends and family crab /shrimp .

Old man lived hard and fast like most fisherman of the time you don't stay awake for days at a time on will power lol  . He had a body shop and some guy traded him a old wood Trowler and a salmon license for a truck and some body work . The old man was like fuck it I'm going to give it a shot this summer has to be better than sitting in the shop  . And he did it for the next 30 yrs.  After 3 yrs bought a new boat at the time it was the most advanced gillnet boat in AK we drove it up from washingtion.  It had a article about it in the trade rag . 

Long story short that summer both cats died in 25 /35 foot seas . Waves busted out the fr glass snapped a outrigger not good at all . Everyone was in there dry suits  eventually storm ended and we were boarded by Russian military and they towed us back to US Waters where the guard yanked us home . Only time in my life I was sure i was going to die lol .

They fixed the boat and he ran it for the next 25 or more yrs . When he retired sold the license to a larger outfit for about 100000% more than he paid for it lol .

I deff have some crazy storys about my times up there.  My old man had some wild buddy's we would hang with 

Fuck that's a fucking cool story EZ :thumb: and a bit scary. Man I'd love to meet up some day for some drinks and :stoned:  hear some more :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just had some snow crab legs the other night with drawn butter.....delicious.

Don't like hearing about this shortage, but this is only the beginning of happenings related to climate change...some good and some bad. Not much we can do.

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Don't like hearing about this shortage, but this is only the beginning of happenings related to climate change...some good and some bad. Not much we can do.

So other countries over fishing the resource is caused by climate change? Wow that's the first I've heard of it.

10 minutes ago, HSR said:

So other countries over fishing the resource is caused by climate change? Wow that's the first I've heard of it.

Said right in that article they suspect decline may be caused by warmer ocean Temps....sorry you have such poor reading comprehension or more likely just flatout dismiss any connection to climate change.....yeah that's probably it.:bc:

7 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Said right in that article they suspect decline may be caused by warmer ocean Temps....sorry you have such poor reading comprehension or more likely just flatout dismiss any connection to climate change.....yeah that's probably it.:bc:

:lol: climate change :lol: @ArcticCrusher can you believe this jabronie 

If there was no crab due to climate change why is Badgas selling Russian crab on here, as much as you want??

Working with some of the best industry so how many pallets do you want?? 6-9 king crabs reds 20# case 55.99 per pound $1,119 per case 25 cases on a pallet = $27,995 per pallet FOB Wisconsin. Get them while they last. :bc: Holman Seafood and Supreme Lobster. 

Edited by Badger**
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HSR said:

:lol: climate change :lol: @ArcticCrusher can you believe this jabronie 

If there was no crab due to climate change why is Badgas selling Russian crab on here, as much as you want??

Well, lets see how long that is sustainable for Russia....apparently there aint much left. I didn't write the article..don't shoot the messenger.

2 hours ago, HSR said:

buddy of mine from Kentucky was a cameraman on DC for six seasons, four of which on the Northwestern, he also worked in Nome on Bering Sea Gold... to be short, he has some fantastic stories.  he still works for Discovery, haven't seen him in several years now.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The article is shit . Has everything to do with overfishing . Even sport fish now days are a joke like when I was a kid you fished halibut with a poll a harpoon and a riffle and a hyd winch because 4 footers were the norm and a 6 foot fish was pic worth but not brag worth.  Now peopke get excited over a singel 3 footer 

Decades of over fishing . The fucking average temps of the bearing sea has not even raised 1/2 a degree in the last 40 yrs . But yeah you go with global warming lmfao 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Overfishing by who?

Every one .

When I was a kid there was only 1 of those massive fishing cannery boats and I think that was all from mc Donald's and Gorton's . By the 90s there was a few of thise pigs running around  around AK. Sport fishing alone killed the halibut populations . The japs buying everything you would sell them on there floating canery ships gave guys the opertunity to go way past there limits.  Limits hell when I was a kid it was just how many days the season was it was zero limmit .what do you think that shit did to populations ? Just 1 of those massive drag net ships pulls in tons at a shot and they can yank that thing in and out 5 6 times a day no prob 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

The article is shit . Has everything to do with overfishing . Even sport fish now days are a joke like when I was a kid you fished halibut with a poll a harpoon and a riffle and a hyd winch because 4 footers were the norm and a 6 foot fish was pic worth but not brag worth.  Now peopke get excited over a singel 3 footer 

Decades of over fishing . The fucking average temps of the bearing sea has not even raised 1/2 a degree in the last 40 yrs . But yeah you go with global warming lmfao 

Sorry bro but NOAA isn't backing up your claim.......low sea ice and higher sea temps are wreaking havoc on the ecosystem......don't shoot the messenger:lol:  you have to scroll down a bit

https://arctic.noaa.gov/Report-Card/Report-Card-2019/ArtMID/7916/ArticleID/846/Recent-Warming-in-the-Bering-Sea-and-Its-Impact-on-the-Ecosystem

Screenshot_2022-10-14-22-15-57.png

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Sorry bro but NOAA isn't backing up your claim.......low sea ice and higher sea temps are wreaking havoc on the ecosystem......don't shoot the messenger:lol:  you have to scroll down a bit

https://arctic.noaa.gov/Report-Card/Report-Card-2019/ArtMID/7916/ArticleID/846/Recent-Warming-in-the-Bering-Sea-and-Its-Impact-on-the-Ecosystem

Screenshot_2022-10-14-22-15-57.png

Yep the warming lmfao that is why for the last 30 yrs the slots have gotten smaller and smaller every year because of the warming I tell ya . Not that the jsps or Russians or there massive drag ships give a fuck about the slots or seasons.  It's the warming even if Noaa numbers are not manipulated with rime samples the warmest it has been was a record in 2019 of 4 degrees higher  that was 2019 and again 4 degrees in water that will litteraly kill you in July in under 20 min 

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yep the warming lmfao that is why for the last 30 yrs the slots have gotten smaller and smaller every year because of the warming I tell ya . Not that the jsps or Russians or there massive drag ships give a fuck about the slots or seasons.  It's the warming even if Noaa numbers are not manipulated with rime samples the warmest it has been was a record in 2019 of 4 degrees higher  that was 2019 and again 4 degrees in water that will litteraly kill you in July in under 20 min 

Yeah climate change is far fetched and can't possibly have anything to do with it......it's definitely overfishing....the collapse of 1 billion crabs......time for you deniers to open your eyes. It's OK to acknowledge our changing climate. You don't have to agree with the cause or feel a need to do anything about it.....but set yourself free:lol:

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Overfishing by who?

According to the guys on DC with over 100 years experience combined they all say the Bering Sea has been depleted by Russia with no quotas or limits. The US is very strict on quotas and season limits