Check your account email address ×

New Home Inventory

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

The demand will be high for a few years to come. Most are still choking on the prices. Get those prices down to reality a bit and that will help IMO.

Just now, Edmo said:

The demand will be high for a few years to come. Most are still choking on the prices. Get those prices down to reality a bit and that will help IMO.

Do people qualify for high interest rate home loans when they are laid off? Just asking 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Do people qualify for high interest rate home loans when they are laid off? Just asking 

Don't those people get "biden bucks" or student loan forgiveness or some other money through a grant or forgiveable government loan?

17 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Don't those people get "biden bucks" or student loan forgiveness or some other money through a grant or forgiveable government loan?

Does that qualify you for a home loan retard? Holy fucking shit are you a moron. Just the same empty headed retardation rattling around your empty skull daily. 

You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to know that rising mortgage rates is going to kick the balls out of the housing market.  A year ago, the problem was lack of inventory and bidding wars.  I doubt that is going to continue.  Although I have a buddy who just paid through the nose for a condo down in Jupiter, and he claims the realtor he spoke with wasn't concerned about the high end stuff in those areas, as many if not most are paying cash.  I don't agree with that assessment.

6 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Not here. Not yet.

It probably feels a bit different here locally because we are so dependent on the steel industry. Scrap pricing has absolutely cratered. They are paying $30 a ton. I’ve never seen it that low. Steel output nationally is at its lowest level in 20 months and dropping fast. These are pretty big economic indicators. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Smaller homes of higher value in nice neighborhoods will sell good.   Think they are calling it "rightsizing."   Boomers who want something smaller but still nice.   They have their home paid off and can do it without taking on another mortgage.  The ability to get a good price for their existing home will be the hurdle.    

Edited by Highmark

here in upstate ny most of the houses are gone. locals are selling out for huge money. folks bidding up and over asking prices. my friend just sold, got 425k for a house that would have been a stretch at 225k a couple years ago. he just put out feelers and was swarmed with buyers. new construction is hard when there are no lots left. and the price to build is insane. if i didn't love the geography i would sell myself, but everything i enjoy is right here. even my taxes are really fair for the moment. my house would be gone in 5 minutes. there are some houses but at ridiculous prices 

If there is a surplus of housing inventory I can't find it ...  Been looking for two years,  the same stale inventory gets relisted and ads dollied up....

Over priced, uninteresting properties, many junk that's what I've found.

When realtors don't call you back when your cresting seven digits, there can't be a lot of inventory to sell.

And, I'm hearing realtors telling me interest rates aren't affecting sales.  BULL 🐂 :bullshit:

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ll be back in a home by fall of “23. Right now the housing market is still really tight in all except the shithole states. A tiny house with a heated 4 vehicle garage would be perfect. 

This would be the perfect tiny home for you!!!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59577162.amp

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ll be back in a home by fall of “23. Right now the housing market is still really tight in all except the shithole states. A tiny house with a heated 4 vehicle garage would be perfect. 

We'll be starting our build next spring. 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

the pain train is coming

have cash available for purchasing ;)

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Nobody wants to work for $20 per hr., that's the range most of the open jobs are in.

wtf are these 'not working' people doing, living in their parents basement?