Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

So it is Textrons fault some one about as smart as you. Forgot to fill the oil reservoir?

How can you be such a moron???
Everything in that pic is coated in oil, even the failed bearing...

Also AC would have covered parts and probably labor to repair that well after warranty was up.  Textron will tell you to pound sand if its a week out of warranty.

Edited by krom
  • Thanks 1

I watched the suspension video,  I found it amusing the front suspension engineer is an ex polaris employee who is on the front suspension patent for the variable caster triangulatd a arm front suspension polaris came out with in 05.   He talks about how great it is....oh and how they moved the upper control arm down 2 inches on catalyst.....

Edited by Boonbocker1

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Shit parts choice by Textron and you blame the oil reservoir.  Lol.  Read what failed moron.

CTEC 6000 by and large have been very reliable, but I've seen a lot of 21 and 22 race sleds that have been raced with new motors in them.  

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Now those are massive piles of shit!

Both the Cat and the Polaris have been very good. 

The Cat went down the road at Vid pricing.  Listed it up at a ridiculously high price with 4 almost bald tires and had it sold in 2 days.  Was only going to list it for a week and if it doesn't go at full asking, was going to put new tires on it and keep riding it.  

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I watched the suspension video,  I found it amusing the front suspension engineer is an ex polaris employee who is on the front suspension patent for the variable caster triangulatd a arm front suspension polaris came out with in 05.   He talks about how great it is....oh and how they moved the upper control arm down 2 inches on catalyst.....

I find it amusing there's 61 pages of hate and jealousy for a snowmobile company.  Extra bonus points because it's from people that claim, and probably even believe to have no brand bias and make fun of any support of said brand.  I know you all tell yourself it's not jealousy but I see no other reason why anyone would or could be so obsessed with a brand.  A brand that you claim is inferior, at that.  

AC is your guy's Trump and you guys are just little ankle biters.  Leaders don't concern themself with others and definitely aren't obsessed with the competition like you guys are.  A sorry existence, certainly have some unchecked personal issues.  But I see some of you posting on the current event forum so no surprise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

So it is Textrons fault some one about as smart as you. Forgot to fill the oil reservoir?

well Jimwit... #7 in the picture is supposed to be installed in #14 before the case halves are bolted together.  #7 was found in the bottom of the case and was never installed in #14.    that CATastropic fuck up happened in the TEXTRON engine plant and eventually ruined the engine.  Top notch six sigma quality control there huh?

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/arc/6015bd5c87a86611b0300987/piston-and-crankshaft

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

You are the queen.

whereas you are the King here... of idiots.

the picture is in black and white so you can clearly even see it with your green goggles on.  ;)

CATastrophe.png

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well Jimwit... #7 in the picture is supposed to be installed in #14 before the case halves are bolted together.  #7 was found in the bottom of the case and was never installed in #14.    that CATastropic fuck up happened in the TEXTRON engine plant and eventually ruined the engine.  Top notch six sigma quality control there huh?

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/arc/6015bd5c87a86611b0300987/piston-and-crankshaft

whereas you are the King here... of idiots.

the picture is in black and white so you can clearly even see it with your green goggles on.  ;)

CATastrophe.png

Must have been the Polaris hire. 

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

also being a 2021 MY... it's a fucking Covid build engine.  :suicide:

So your shallow joe biden riddled mind found one blown 600 cat motor and they are all shit? Fuck you need help. Serious mental screenings.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

So your shallow joe biden riddled mind found one blown 600 cat motor and they are all shit? Fuck you need help. Serious mental screenings.

found?  this is from my brothers 2021 RXC he purchased from @Zambroski this season with 1100 miles and the improperly assembled ARCTIC CAT CTECH 6000 decided to give up the ghost while @Not greg b and I were riding together... with just under 1700 miles on it.   

how is it possible to be quite as fucking ignorant as you seem to be... huh?

but this isn't the only one... you fucking dumbbell.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

found?  this is from my brothers 2021 RXC he purchased from @Zambroski this season with 1100 miles and the improperly assembled ARCTIC CAT CTECH 6000 decided to give up the ghost while @Not greg b and I were riding together... with just under 1700 miles on it.   

how is it possible to be quite as fucking ignorant as you seem to be... huh?

but this isn't the only one... you fucking dumbbell.

Dumbell? Must have a child's teleprompter now?

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, you're seriously fucking dumb.  

embrace it... 

A 21? So it was a race sled, probably torn down and the head mechanic missed this. Got it now. Dementia is real! Get tested soon!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

A 21? So it was a race sled, probably torn down and the head mechanic missed this. Got it now. Dementia is real! Get tested soon!

Unless they are doing a complete teardown for crank work, it is doubtful at best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

CTEC 6000 by and large have been very reliable, but I've seen a lot of 21 and 22 race sleds that have been raced with new motors in them.  

Both the Cat and the Polaris have been very good. 

The Cat went down the road at Vid pricing.  Listed it up at a ridiculously high price with 4 almost bald tires and had it sold in 2 days.  Was only going to list it for a week and if it doesn't go at full asking, was going to put new tires on it and keep riding it.  

Still not Suzuki built reliable.   Thank EPA.   I had a 2016 6000 take out the connecting rod bearing at 7k - ran ctech oil exclusively too.  Lots of carnage - ended up installing a long block.

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Still not Suzuki built reliable.   Thank EPA.   I had a 2016 6000 take out the connecting rod bearing at 7k - ran ctech oil exclusively too.  Lots of carnage - ended up installing a long block.

I've been running the CTEC 600's since they came out in 14. 

Was super skeptical of them, but the only one I've had a catastrophic failure with was my 15 XF with 7500 miles that dumped the lower con rod bearing. 

I had it pinned WFO across a lake I knew had soft spots, hit a soft spot and bogged it way down.  Didn't run right after that.

For all the abuse, that has been the only major issue.

Still have that XF and another 15 XF with almost 11k on it and no rebuilds.  And others.

The CTEC 600 by Cat has been a solid engine, you see those sleds with piles of miles all of the time.
Not saying its the best 600 or most powerful 600 ever, but give them a little credit here.  It's won alot of races and was the reason Cat was sled of the year in 14. Not perfect, but good, and yes I would say, pretty reliable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

I find it amusing there's 61 pages of hate and jealousy for a snowmobile company.  Extra bonus points because it's from people that claim, and probably even believe to have no brand bias and make fun of any support of said brand.  I know you all tell yourself it's not jealousy but I see no other reason why anyone would or could be so obsessed with a brand.  A brand that you claim is inferior, at that.  

AC is your guy's Trump and you guys are just little ankle biters.  Leaders don't concern themself with others and definitely aren't obsessed with the competition like you guys are.  A sorry existence, certainly have some unchecked personal issues.  But I see some of you posting on the current event forum so no surprise.

You honestly don't see the irony that the catalyst front suspension engineer helped develop the iq front suspension for polaris and how cat adopted a similar geometry on the procross?   And that cat guys on here always mention how cat introduced dual a arms to the industry 1st yet they adopted a similiar design to poos and even hired poos old suspension engineer?  You also do realize alot of the back and fourth is in good fun? And happens from cat guy, poo guy, and doo guys...we all do it.   

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The CTEC 600 by Cat has been a solid engine, you see those sleds with piles of miles all of the time.
Not saying its the best 600 or most powerful 600 ever, but give them a little credit here.  It's won alot of races and was the reason Cat was sled of the year in 14. Not perfect, but good, and yes I would say, pretty reliable.

I searched marketplace quick...I think i looked at maybe 10 cat 6000 series sleds...found these 4 in a matter of a minute, maybe 2

Screenshot_20230415-182725_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230415-182642_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230415-182606_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230415-182511_Facebook.jpg