Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

3 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Wasn't a version of the 998 made by Yamaha released in 2006 with the 998 150HP 4 Banger? I guess thats a different engine entirely....
I thought Yamaha had been making a 998 Triple and/or 998 4 cylinder mill long before they partnered with in 2014.

the basic 3 cylinder has been around for a long time in different displacements.  The turbo version is whats new

55 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

You don't have the slightest fucking clue if what I said is taking place or not, and you certainly don't know anymore then anyone on this site regarding their partnership and what's really going on.

Wrong.  I know a ton more than most.  Have met both teams many times.  Outside of that though my NDA will restrict what I say.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Yamaha had been making a 998 Triple and/or 998 4 cylinder mill long before they partnered with in 2014.

998 Turbo Yamaha was developed/tested in the Minocqua, Wisconsin testing facility. Which has been closed down a few years now.. 2017 is when the 998 T was brought to sled market in the Sidewinder model and T cat model.  Funny as Yamaha Sidewinder outsells the T cat by a lot. Guessing 5 to 1 .. I see way more winders then T cats in my riding area. Both great sleds

16 hours ago, jdsky said:

My vote is for a yamaha turbo in the catalyst but not sure how that's possible.  The engine area looks really compact so they would have to modify to fit.   

It will not fit into the Catalyst.. It will be interesting to see IF AND when a 4 smoke goes into the smaller/narrower catalyst. I could see Yamaha maybe developing a smaller 4 smoke that would fit? Or maybe different side panels to accommodate the 998 in?  A 998 in a catalyst would be stupid fast and even more so with a ECU flash up into the 240-270 HP range.. 240-270 HP range flashes are VERY reliable, as long as you have good 91 octane.  BUT this all depends on the relationship and contract/agreement.. Who knows if and what that all means or what the end product would be.. 

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Funny as Yamaha Sidewinder outsells the T cat by a lot. Guessing 5 to 1 .. I see way more winders then T cats in my riding area. Both great sleds

Well the Tcat and SRX are special versions of the 998, that come lowered 1",  & only come in 137s with 1" tracks. Their setup for high speed. A ZR 9000 / Sidewinder are more common place, however I agree, I do see more Yammy 998s then Cat. I think ppl were more hesitant to go with the Cat, as Cats future was in question kinda sort of maybe, obviously Catalyst flipped the script on that.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 8:06 AM, ZR6000RR said:

Well it is not. Actually the best looking wheeler. I know because I bought it. Absolutely love it. Great power and it pushes snow with ease.

It looks like a 6 year old drew it for art class.

You bought it because you're dumb and brand loyal to retard status.

• Like 2

I test rode a sidewinder at my dealer in 2019 before spring ordering my 20'.  One issue for not ordering was the pricing that year.  A tcat was $13,500 with basically no warranty or the sidewinder was $16,500 with a 4 year warranty.  The price difference was just dumb for basically the same machine.  I had no plans to modify it and no desire for 250HP+ for where we ride.  In the end it came down to chassis and ride.

One rider in our group took the test ride in Eagle River.  He said the ride is now very similar to doo and poo taking into account the 600.  If the partnership continues and they find a way to make a catawinder I will be very interested in test riding and it being a candidate to replace my 20'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

It looks like a 6 year old drew it for art class.

You bought it because you're dumb and brand loyal to retard status.

That is one smart 6 year old. I bought it because I liked it better than the competition and my dealer I a mile from my house.

20220506_121009.jpg

Edited by ZR6000RR
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

That is one smart 6 year old. I bought it because I liked it better than the competition and my dealer I a mile from my house.

20220506_121009.jpg

Nice 4 wheeler 

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I like it a lot. Pushed snow all winter and it never missed a beat.

We have an 06 and it's built like a tank.  Drives like one too but it is pure workhorse for us so it works.  I still push snow with our old 95 Polaris 300 two stroke, that's been a good machine for us and has been beat on plenty when I was a kid.

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Yamaha will not be making a skinnier motor for a sled.  Cat could however change the plastics and the super structure to fit one.  

Changing the front structure will be cheap an easy, should only require a few welding jigs.  Plastics,  R&D, and reverse will be the expensive part

Edited by krom

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

That is one smart 6 year old.

20220506_121009.jpg

He traced a good looking machine but fucked up majorly

I bought it because I liked it better than the competition 

It could be the biggest abomination in the world and say Cat on it and that wouldn't change your view.  Completely idiotic.  Machine is a piece of crap.

and my dealer I a mile from my house.

You need a new dealer that understands what ALL means.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krom said:

Changing the front structure will be cheap an easy, should only require a few welding jigs.  Plastics,  R&D for and reverse will be the expensive part

Yeah and with a belt drive.. not sure how they'd do it but it'd add a lot of complexity.  You might have similar ergos but it'd be a pretty different machine and lose alot of the low cg/centralized mass benefits.  

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

We have an 06 and it's built like a tank.  Drives like one too but it is pure workhorse for us so it works.  I still push snow with our old 95 Polaris 300 two stroke, that's been a good machine for us and has been beat on plenty when I was a kid.

I was looking at Yamaha but the Cat was way better deal.  Brother in law has a poo 570. Not even in the same time zone as far as ride and handling. Cat is a way better design as well.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

I was looking at Yamaha but the Cat was way better deal.  Brother in law has a poo 570. Not even in the same time zone as far as ride and handling. Cat is a way better design as well.

I've looked at them at the dealer, they look good.  Big though.  I think all new ATVs are way bigger than necessary.  Kind of like new sleds.  But for work they do good.  I'd prefer something smaller if I was interested in trail riding them, which I'm not and never will 

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I've looked at them at the dealer, they look good.  Big though.  I think all new ATVs are way bigger than necessary.  Kind of like new sleds.  But for work they do good.  I'd prefer something smaller if I was interested in trail riding them, which I'm not and never will 

We trail ride quite a bit. Power steering is amazing!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Fuck that's one ugly atv 🤮

it is the cheapest bottom of the line 600 with AC stickers.  You can go to bass pro, and buy a even cheaper version, that doesn't have eps

since he hasn't got a clue what the word "all" means, his primary clutch is going to fail, and frame break, after the warranty is up, so he'll be paying out of pocket for the repair

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

Hey kROMMER! If it is a recall, it has nothing to do with warranty. Not surprised you did not know this, being a bad janitor and all. Talked to the Cat rep and the machines with issues were cracked in production.  Mine has

Zero cracks. Drove mine to the dealership after work today regardless, and will get it back tomorrow. They will look at the clutch, but dont expect mine to have the issue. To many miles with no failure. Either way, your still an idiot!

Edited by ZR6000RR
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Hey kROMMER! If it is a recall, it has nothing to do with warranty. Not surprised you did not know this, being a bad janitor and all. Talked to the Cat rep and the machines with issues were cracked in production.  Mine has

Zero cracks. Drove mine to the dealership after work today regardless, and will get it back tomorrow. They will look at the clutch, but dont expect mine to have the issue. To many miles with no failure. Either way, your still an idiot!

What do you call "too many miles"?

Pics of odometer.