Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

Mine came with a .090 and .060 which was a surprise.  I've had quite a few previous sleds with the BOSS and they all had one .090 shim.

My motor on the RXC sits further left than the other one.  I haven't looked at the motor mounts, but the two sleds are definitely set up different.  The RXC creeps the track on the stand no matter where I align the secondary and the primary is rubbing on the gray flip down doo hickey.  The other sled does neither.

Yea you’re right they were 60s, the one that was out I put 2 90s in and I couldn’t believe it. A lot of procross sleds I did took a 60 or a 90 alone, rarely more than that.

Is it ok to pry the adapt open with a screw driver and use a piece of wood to hold it open to change the weights? I looks like a pain in the ass to get my puller out and 1 inch impact to take the clutch off. I will spray it with wd40 so it slides open easier so it won’t hurt anything. 

Edited by Not greg b

The rxc doesn’t have the quiet track so that might be why vs your other sled. All of my rr sleds even with the quiet track will wonder. I guess if you run the track and get it warm it stops doing that? My dealer said to set the tension and make sure you are doing it with both tensioners equal and it will be fine. That’s what I have been doing for the last decade. I wonder if the floating arm has something to do with the wondering on a track stand? 

Edited by Not greg b

I run my tracks banjo string tight so I don’t think they could have a chance to creep.

Before everyone says tight tracks are slow, I’m stubborn and don’t care what anyone says a tight track travels less distance to make the sled go forward.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I run my tracks banjo string tight so I don’t think they could have a chance to creep.

Before everyone says tight tracks are slow, I’m stubborn and don’t care what anyone says a tight track travels less distance to make the sled go forward.

Trail riding, I just run whatever.  Terrain racing would be tighter then trail riding, but not ice racing tight.  Ice racing, you could play Dueling Banjos to Georgia on that bitch.

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Is it ok to pry the adapt open with a screw driver and use a piece of wood to hold it open to change the weights? I looks like a pain in the ass to get my puller out and 1 inch impact to take the clutch off. I will spray it with wd40 so it slides open easier so it won’t hurt anything. 

I just pop the cover off without pulling the clutch most of the time.  I've changed weights along the trail with that method.

I looked at the Catalyst before changing weights and didn't even bother trying to pull the clutch.  After all, I was only changing weights.  No need to tear the side belly pan apart.

I did pull the two T25 screws to allow a little more flex on the panel.

Also worth noting.  The spring pressure is super light.  Compressing the cover is a two finger jobber when putting the thing back on.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Is it ok to pry the adapt open with a screw driver and use a piece of wood to hold it open to change the weights?

Absolutely is, always has been, hell AC even sells a special shaped pry bar, and a hook, to hold the clutch open right in the special tools catalog  It used to be on the required tools list, but textron has scrapped that, and the catmaster program

image.png.17f90bcdf7d17733602d6b7b4c03a7f6.png

I'm guessing you already know this, but for those who don't:

Just put your hunk of wood, or a socket between one of the weights and the spider, change 2 of the weights, then move your hold open tool, and change the third.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Trail riding, I just run whatever.  Terrain racing would be tighter then trail riding, but not ice racing tight.  Ice racing, you could play Dueling Banjos to Georgia on that bitch.

Yea I should say not ice racing tight but trail, terrain, unplowed I always keep them way tighter than “recommended” People say looser is faster maybe higher driveshaft speed but I don’t see  how a ballooned off the drivers track flapping around is sending you anywhere quick.

• Like 3

I've seen loose tracks slow us down when they rub in the tunnel.  It can be pretty significant. 

How tight is too tight, I don't know on that side.

For the record.  The Cobra and Rip II tracks have both stretched a lot this year.  Two rounds of retightening so far on both with only 550 miles.  I usually need at least one round this early and they settle down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

I've seen loose tracks slow us down when they rub in the tunnel.  It can be pretty significant. 

How tight is too tight, I don't know on that side.

For the record.  The Cobra and Rip II tracks have both stretched a lot this year.  Two rounds of retightening so far on both with only 550 miles.  I usually need at least one round this early and they settle down.

How many times have you adjusted your throttle cable? I have 200 miles on mine and have tightened the track up once and throttle cable once

7 hours ago, Jerr2Star said:

Pulled from another forum...

20240129_220806.jpg

It’s great to give good deals to customers but these “super centers” cutting throats to sell 5 more sleds a year are getting out of hand. This dealer is making roughly $0 to say they sell more sleds at the cost of decent non gimmicky dealers.

While on the dealer gimmick rant, that Hanksters powersports that keeps advertising a $500 deposit is either hoping for a lot of back outs or they’re gonna be in for a shock. People are gonna order through them because they don’t have the money for a $1000 deposit and they’re not gonna have the other $17k when the sled shows up 

12 hours ago, Jerr2Star said:

Pulled from another forum...

20240129_220806.jpg

nice to see the race winning ZR 7000 is on there... along with the non ES (not for Alaskan's) RXC which hasn't won anything this winter.

:sarcasm1:

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

nice to see the race winning ZR 7000 is on there... along with the non ES (not for Alaskan's) RXC which hasn't won anything this winter.

:sarcasm1:

Holly sheep shit batman did you say 7000?   :bounce:

Shocking, but the site moron is wrong again.  Does this count as being wrong twice, that the hood needs to be modified, and being wrong about how the display mounts??

On 1/25/2024 at 8:52 PM, ZR6000RR said:

So? Who said the dash needs to be modified?

On 1/25/2024 at 10:04 PM, ZR6000RR said:

Do you know this for fact,  or on a speculation hunt? It would slip right in on the outside. Unreal!

image.thumb.png.3d405b26aba85afa8e43384f784e9ae9.png

Arctic Cat says the dash needs to be modified, or replaced.  Luckily enough they will sell you a replacement hood with the hole alread cut out for $239.95

image.thumb.png.803bec7e6243cdf510018e29a6467893.png

Edited by krom
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Put a deposit down today on a 2025 ZR 858 129 w/ ATAC.

Not sure I need the G8 or ATAC, but the wife said I should just go big. You tend to do what she says in that situation :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Palu49 said:

While on the dealer gimmick rant, that Hanksters powersports that keeps advertising a $500 deposit is either hoping for a lot of back outs or they’re gonna be in for a shock. People are gonna order through them because they don’t have the money for a $1000 deposit and they’re not gonna have the other $17k when the sled shows up 

I saw this, I bought a 23 from them. We didn’t preorder and they had a couple unsold from cat as a new dealership incentive.  Seems like a pretty established dealer in other brands but definitely the used car dealer vibe.  I can see them being aggressive for new business as they are (were) a Yamaha snow dealer.

54 minutes ago, Ufd1233 said:

I saw this, I bought a 23 from them. We didn’t preorder and they had a couple unsold from cat as a new dealership incentive.  Seems like a pretty established dealer in other brands but definitely the used car dealer vibe.  I can see them being aggressive for new business as they are (were) a Yamaha snow dealer.

From what I hear they also (were) a cat dealer after that stunt last night.

edit- that’s not hanksters that’s mega who’s price sheet was posted.

Edited by Palu49

17 minutes ago, Allyammies said:

What's the difference between the base G8 and the premium G8. I also bought from Hanksters have bought a thing or two from them in the past.

I think it's the non-cellular radio group ride stuff.  That's not allowed in Canada.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

From what I hear they also (were) a cat dealer after that stunt last night.

edit- that’s not hanksters that’s mega who’s price sheet was posted.

I didn't look at the price sheet that close, but textrons MAP (minimum advertised price) policy states you can't advertise a current MY machine below MSRP.  They have removed the MAP from '24 sleds.

So as long as they advertised a selling price that was = or higher than msrp no foul.  Other than pissing off other dealers.

As far as the guy only requiring $500 for a deposit, he's just rolling the dice.  If production numbers are actually limited, and demand is high, he won't lose anything more than the cost of tying up that much capital for 9 months.  There's even a chance he'll be able to get more in the fall than right now.

Flip side to that is there is a dealer that just dumped AC recently, and is switching to just being a "all brands powersports and lawn equipment repair shop" that was claiming he would be the biggest AC dealer in state a few years ago.

Demand is surprisingly strong, given the winter so far.  I put it on the large number of AC faithful that have hung around this long, they are way overdue for a new sled, and are thinking we cant have 2 winters like this in a row.

Edited by krom
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, krom said:

I didn't look at the price sheet that close, but textrons MAP (minimum advertised price) policy states you can't advertise a current MY machine below MSRP.  They have removed the MAP from '24 sleds.

So as long as they advertised a selling price that was = or higher than msrp no foul.  Other than pissing off other dealers.

As far as the guy only requiring $500 for a deposit, he's just rolling the dice.  If production numbers are actually limited, and demand is high, he won't lose anything more than the cost of tying up that much capital for 9 months.  There's even a chance he'll be able to get more in the fall than right now.

Flip side to that is there is a dealer that just dumped AC recently, and is switching to just being a "all brands powersports and lawn equipment repair shop" that was claiming he would be the biggest AC dealer in state a few years ago.

Demand is surprisingly strong, given the winter so far.  I put it on the large number of AC faithful that have hung around this long, they are way overdue for a new sled, and are thinking we cant have 2 winters like this in a row.

They were advertising them below msrp basically selling them for dealer/freight price. 

Holding $50k over your own money on other peoples preorders is how you end up like the guy in your 3rd paragraph.

This guy decided he was gonna be ordering sleds for people today about halfway through the day and undercut other dealers prices his customers had already ordered through.

I personally know of 7 ship jumpers that have never owned a cat in their life who placed orders today

• Like 1