Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

On 1/18/2024 at 11:25 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

the person I tagged, it's his personal sleigh... ;)

if it's too loud, he may chime in

Problem is that you also have the silencer for sale in the same post....and it seems some comments pertain to the D&D sound clip while others pertain to the other.............

On the D&D sound clip--- I rode all day after those sound clips were done. It's raspy and definitely louder than stock when WFO. But when just riding along the trail, it is actually a decent tone. In the clip, I was just behind the knoll, mashed the throttle and the sled lifted a bit clearing the top, which we all know makes the sound louder. So that was WOT that was recorded

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I don't know WTF you just said.

I was wrong on the model. It was a hf15. My family owned a textron dealer for years the the vintage stuff is wild but no one knows what it is and it won’t bring money. If you had it people would be like what the hell is this thing 

5 hours ago, taperk600 said:

Problem is that you also have the silencer for sale in the same post....and it seems some comments pertain to the D&D sound clip while others pertain to the other.............

On the D&D sound clip--- I rode all day after those sound clips were done. It's raspy and definitely louder than stock when WFO. But when just riding along the trail, it is actually a decent tone. In the clip, I was just behind the knoll, mashed the throttle and the sled lifted a bit clearing the top, which we all know makes the sound louder. So that was WOT that was recorded

I only saw the one sound clip with the panel off... got a link to the other(s)?

what's your overall impression of the sled thusfar? 

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Best part of the Catalyst is that Cat finally has a sled that allows you to use your feet and body.  

For sure.. I only have 250 on mine but its VERY responsive to where your body is..  Its crazy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

The goggle compartment? You must ride backwards. No wonder you cant get good top end and have belt issues. 

What lets see pics of your clutches and odometer...

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Goggles fit. Great for my cell phone when I bring it along. My water goes in my tunnel pack. Foam holder fits perfectly. 

You've ranted at least 100 times that you don't bring a phone when you ride..
What kind of a jerk off packs water to ride in their back yard..

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

No clue?

That's truthful post #3 for the year, you are setting a new personal record!!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

So just answer the question.

Why?   Your just going to disagree or make a crazy post denying what the guy said.. I have not been on this site as long as many here but it didn't take long to see a pattern.  :beatingdeadhorse:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Why?   Your just going to disagree or make a crazy post denying what the guy said.. I have not been on this site as long as many here but it didn't take long to see a pattern.  :beatingdeadhorse:

Yes, he's dumb as fuck and Cat can never do any wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2024 at 5:01 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I only saw the one sound clip with the panel off... got a link to the other(s)?

what's your overall impression of the sled thusfar? 

It's in the link you posted back on 1/17..... There are 2 videos. One with the sled idling with the side panel off. The other with it coming over the knoll towards the camera......

Overall impression so far.... It's a great sled. Need to get more time on the suspension to address a few things to get them the way I like. But the sled itself is great. Nimble. Very light feeling while riding. Steering is easy and fairly precise (still on stock skis and carbides). Real easy to move around on and responds to body input immediately. It's an easy sled to "ride" so to speak. I need / want to get a little more transfer out of the ZR 137 skid at trail speeds, where people are saying the R-XC is transferring more (I sold my R-XC before I rode it due to lack of snow and travel schedule). Hole shot, it transfers decent, but could be a little better. Seat , for me, is great. I don't find it hard and haven't seen it soften yet as others have said with more miles. So will see what happens there. Motor is great. Granted mine isn't stock..... so I'll leave that alone for now..... But it does feel much better in the Catalyst than it did in the ProCross. Although my 2019 6LTD 137 would out run this one on top end , so far at least. But out of the hole to 80 it's very quick. I will be taking the Poo 650 next time to ride them back to back, side by side, in the same conditions and see how they compare power wise.

Oh ... and there is ZERO wind protection with the tiny bug deflector Cat delivers these with. It's been a long time since I've had my helmet pushing into my face from the wind at speed......The tall windshield will be on next time.  Will see how much that redirects the wind around the driver's body or if only over their head.......

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

Will see how much that redirects the wind around the driver's body or if only over their head.......

The mid touring Part # 8639-520. Is decent looking IMO and does a decent job. I'm 5'11" and I would say the wind hits you more in the face then chest for sure. It does not direct it completely OVER your head.  I find it decent.   The stocker is laughable. 

Edited by jonlafon1

1 hour ago, taperk600 said:

It's in the link you posted back on 1/17..... There are 2 videos. One with the sled idling with the side panel off. The other with it coming over the knoll towards the camera......

Overall impression so far.... It's a great sled. Need to get more time on the suspension to address a few things to get them the way I like. But the sled itself is great. Nimble. Very light feeling while riding. Steering is easy and fairly precise (still on stock skis and carbides). Real easy to move around on and responds to body input immediately. It's an easy sled to "ride" so to speak. I need / want to get a little more transfer out of the ZR 137 skid at trail speeds, where people are saying the R-XC is transferring more (I sold my R-XC before I rode it due to lack of snow and travel schedule). Hole shot, it transfers decent, but could be a little better. Seat , for me, is great. I don't find it hard and haven't seen it soften yet as others have said with more miles. So will see what happens there. Motor is great. Granted mine isn't stock..... so I'll leave that alone for now..... But it does feel much better in the Catalyst than it did in the ProCross. Although my 2019 6LTD 137 would out run this one on top end , so far at least. But out of the hole to 80 it's very quick. I will be taking the Poo 650 next time to ride them back to back, side by side, in the same conditions and see how they compare power wise.

Oh ... and there is ZERO wind protection with the tiny bug deflector Cat delivers these with. It's been a long time since I've had my helmet pushing into my face from the wind at speed......The tall windshield will be on next time.  Will see how much that redirects the wind around the driver's body or if only over their head.......

Who’s 19 6000 limited?!? 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, taperk600 said:

It's an easy sled to "ride" so to speak.

I need / want to get a little more transfer out of the ZR 137 skid at trail speeds,

Funny that you mention the first line.

We put about 550 miles of pure junk miles on this week.  The consensus on describing the ride is that it's easier to ride.  Bud is one of those that never moves around on the sled.  The easy ride thing is a huge deal for his riding.  He can ride one heck of a lot better on these without moving around.

I had a hard time at first with the higher seat.  I typically move to the inside of the sled and it took a little time getting used to the chassis and seat.  I used to basically hug the tank before.  I've found that these work with me riding further back with my feet and body.  The side to side transitions are still a bit more work, but the stand-sit transition is gravy.  Overall it is easier to ride in junk.  I'm really becoming a fan of the way it handles the Oh shit! potholes.  The chassis setup and rider position make those big hits easier.

I wouldn't call the RXC a big transfer feeling skid.  I swapped between two 137 sleds this week.  The RXC moves to a point and then it basically stops at coupling.  Drag racing was tough in deep hardpack.  It transfered good at first and then locked up on launch.  The bugger was a hole digger if you hit the transfer stop point.  The other sled was an ATAC version and running it on soft had better transfer in holeshots and riding bigger stutters.

Also notable for me.  The seating position and bodywork makes the sleds seem faster.  You feel more out in the open.  There were times it seemed like we were flying through tree lined sections and the speedo was saying numbers smaller than expected.  The whole feeling is a little surprising because the wind protection works pretty good except wind stream over the top. 

I myself would like to see a slightly taller windshield option.  The current tall version puts a lot of air right at face level.  That forces me to use bulkier helmet combos to stay warm.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, favoritos said:

Funny that you mention the first line.

We put about 550 miles of pure junk miles on this week.  The consensus on describing the ride is that it's easier to ride.  Bud is one of those that never moves around on the sled.  The easy ride thing is a huge deal for his riding.  He can ride one heck of a lot better on these without moving around.

I had a hard time at first with the higher seat.  I typically move to the inside of the sled and it took a little time getting used to the chassis and seat.  I used to basically hug the tank before.  I've found that these work with me riding further back with my feet and body.  The side to side transitions are still a bit more work, but the stand-sit transition is gravy.  Overall it is easier to ride in junk.  I'm really becoming a fan of the way it handles the Oh shit! potholes.  The chassis setup and rider position make those big hits easier.

I wouldn't call the RXC a big transfer feeling skid.  I swapped between two 137 sleds this week.  The RXC moves to a point and then it basically stops at coupling.  Drag racing was tough in deep hardpack.  It transfered good at first and then locked up on launch.  The bugger was a hole digger if you hit the transfer stop point.  The other sled was an ATAC version and running it on soft had better transfer in holeshots and riding bigger stutters.

Also notable for me.  The seating position and bodywork makes the sleds seem faster.  You feel more out in the open.  There were times it seemed like we were flying through tree lined sections and the speedo was saying numbers smaller than expected.  The whole feeling is a little surprising because the wind protection works pretty good except wind stream over the top. 

I myself would like to see a slightly taller windshield option.  The current tall version puts a lot of air right at face level.  That forces me to use bulkier helmet combos to stay warm.

Dvw added on of those motor cycle windshield extenders to his and I guess it kicks the air up over him. I have the mid and it shoots the air right at face shield level 

45 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Dvw added on of those motor cycle windshield extenders to his and I guess it kicks the air up over him. I have the mid and it shoots the air right at face shield level 

My mid does the same. Hooks it directly up under your helmet visor

15 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Fits great. I can jam them in there but they will bounce all over and screw up the lenses unless you put something in there to take up the space. with holes in the bottom of the box they will get cooked from pipe heat. I will continue to use the hard case and a tunnel bag. 

IMG_3651.jpeg

IMG_3652.jpeg

IMG_3653.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Need snow to come back. Should be able to get rid of the wall and make this thing shift like a normal sled. 

IMG_3668.jpeg

what did you end up going with to try?  :read:

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Fits great. I can jam them in there but they will bounce all over and screw up the lenses unless you put something in there to take up the space. with holes in the bottom of the box they will get cooked from pipe heat. I will continue to use the hard case and a tunnel bag. 

IMG_3651.jpeg

IMG_3652.jpeg

IMG_3653.jpeg

I lined the compartment with  THICK green felt.  Great place for phone and money clip, etc.. I actually really like this compartment.. Its got power inside it also.. Yea the lid is a little cheap but I find it fine.. I do not use goggles so for me none issue.. But they should have made it big enough to fit goggles.. O well at least you can just drop the 8' garmin in the slot above. :wacko:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Need snow to come back. Should be able to get rid of the wall and make this thing shift like a normal sled. 

IMG_3668.jpeg

Cool, NSP clutch kit:hdchr:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

I lined the compartment with  THICK green felt.  Great place for phone and money clip, etc.. I actually really like this compartment.. Its got power inside it also.. Yea the lid is a little cheap but I find it fine.. I do not use goggles so for me none issue.. But they should have made it big enough to fit goggles.. O well at least you can just drop the 8' garmin in the slot above. :wacko:

The compartment sure does well to warm and dry stuff that fits.

I ended up modifying the mounts on a NS1 gauge and using the Cat gps bag for compartment cover.

20240111_201517.thumb.jpg.79789fe4d6dbe7c8d87a0b3c9d11bdfe.jpg

The dang thing fits really good.  The modified mounts also tilt it back a bit so I'm looking straight on vs. stock gauge tilted forward.

I also found out that the gauge location is pretty sweet if you get an ice storm overnight.  I went out to clean off the sleds and the gauges were clear.

• Like 3

Did a mod (cut some off)on a older universal bar.  Tough getting a bar in for measurement. Clutch offset is right at 1.50" with the two washers provided from factory stock.. FYI

Edited by jonlafon1

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Did a mod (cut some off)on an older universal bar.  Tough getting a bar in for measurement. Clutch offset is right at 1.50" with the two washers provided from factory stock.. FYI

All of them but one that I put together and serviced were perfect with the 90 and 30 shims (IIRC) they came with. 1.507” is the cat tool so sounds like yours is right on the money too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

All of them but one that I put together and serviced were perfect with the 90 and 30 shims (IIRC) they came with. 1.507” is the cat tool so sounds like yours is right on the money too.

Yea I just finally took the time to really check it.. Without taking the guard off its tough.. I did the book way and had no belt squeal.. Now more snow?  LOL.. Not seeing any snow or anything cold enough to even think about LES snow.

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Yea I just finally took the time to really check it.. Without taking the guard off its tough.. I did the book way and had no belt squeal.. Now more snow?  LOL.. Not seeing any snow or anything cold enough to even think about LES snow.

No I got all the new clutch stuff into my sled just in time for it all to melt.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Mine came with a .090 and .060 which was a surprise.  I've had quite a few previous sleds with the BOSS and they all had one .090 shim.

My motor on the RXC sits further left than the other one.  I haven't looked at the motor mounts, but the two sleds are definitely set up different.  The RXC creeps the track on the stand no matter where I align the secondary and the primary is rubbing on the gray flip down doo hickey.  The other sled does neither.