Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

8 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I was just informed that there is an update out to move the RXC coupling block/shaft slightly forward on the rail to promote faster coupling. I’ll post it when he sends me the email with the information and instructions 

That's impossible, Jimwit said the engineers talked to him about the design before putting it in production, and you can't improve on perfect

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I was just informed that there is an update out to move the RXC coupling block/shaft slightly forward on the rail to promote faster coupling. I’ll post it when he sends me the email with the information and instructions 

Forward?  Are you shitting me?

14 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Well backwards isn’t gonna make it couple faster lol 

4 sure.. I have yet to see a 137 have much of any transfer in stock form. Have not run a transfer block in a procross since 2015. But maybe the cat ass is different.. Now they just need to fire the clutching engineers from the last 20 years!  

33 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Well backwards isn’t gonna make it couple faster lol 

5 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I wonder if some RXC sleds were set up using the rear set of holes?  Those are too far back and up for the blocks to hit square.

granted, I have antiques but generally closer to the rear arm couples faster doesn't it?  

IMG_20240117_100042411.jpg

4 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I wonder if some RXC sleds were set up using the rear set of holes?  Those are too far back and up for the blocks to hit square.

I noticed 3 holes on the rails for the front suspension shock lower mount.. But did not see more then ONE hole for the transfer block metal rod. I must have missed it as I took the metal rod completely out for some different wheels for in the rear. 

5 minutes ago, favoritos said:

It’s more for the ice racing side of things I guess but as you can see it actually goes forward and up. Person who sent it to me said it was helpful in a terrain setup as well. Could be a limiter adjustment needed in my case but I don’t think I ever had to mess with a procross limiter to keep the skis where I wanted them.

IMG_3002.png

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

granted, I have antiques but generally closer to the rear arm couples faster doesn't it?  

IMG_20240117_100042411.jpg

Yes, the new RXC doesn’t have that 7 way block anymore either unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It’s more for the ice racing side of things I guess but as you can see it actually goes forward and up. Person who sent it to me said it was helpful in a terrain setup as well. Could be a limiter adjustment needed in my case but I don’t think I ever had to mess with a procross limiter to keep the skis where I wanted them.

IMG_3002.png

WOW.. Thanks for post.. I think I will wait to drill any holes through the rails.. Better hope you punch them exactly the same on each side. Not a major issue BUT can see someone fuking this up.. Maybe I will have Jim drill mine if I decide to do this

7 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

IMG_3002.png

now I see why... 

Oops eh?  :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

WOW.. Thanks for post.. I think I will wait to drill any holes through the rails.. Better hope you punch them exactly the same on each side. Not a major issue BUT can see someone fuking this up.. Maybe I will have Jim drill mine if I decide to do this

thEy wErE pUrfEcT fr0m thE fAct0rie :crazy:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

I noticed 3 holes on the rails for the front suspension shock lower mount.. But did not see more then ONE hole for the transfer block metal rod. I must have missed it as I took the metal rod completely out for some different wheels for in the rear. 

This was mine on delivery.

20231230_080522.thumb.jpg.d35e0c7343153301c75c408496b1a35e.jpg

Seems like there is a fair amount of room to move that front shock and tunnel cross shaft around as mentioned.  I figured the extra holes were for the ice racing guys.  Each adjustment from stock lowers the sled in that section.  I expected to have corresponding holes for the rear scissor mounts too.  That would actually make more sense for the extra coupler holes.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

physics

Screenshot_20240117-102216.png

Okay.. From the picture maybe.. I guess I would rather collapse the skid and make contact with the blocks.. Guessing that may show it more so.. I like a LITTLE transfer.. Not into wheelies> they are slow..  But some transfer helps.. Going to put the blocks in and see where the contact while collapsing sled.. 

I guess it would be interesting to see the skid collapsed with the original hole and with the new hole.. See how the blocks contact.

Edited by jonlafon1

Just now, jonlafon1 said:

Okay.. From the picture maybe.. I guess I would rather collapse the skid and make contact with the blocks.. Guessing that may show it more so.. I like a LITTLE transfer.. Not into wheelies> they are slow..  But some transfer helps.. Going to put the blocks in and see where the contact while collapsing sled.. 

don't forget to re-aim your headlights after adjusting the block position@Palu49 

:roflcrying:

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I'll let him race you. I backed up everything already. 

I saw the ride review on Snowtrax tv. They love the new chassis and engine "tone" :lol: but said it lacked the grunt of the 650 Poo but once wound up was better than the previous AC 600. Sounds like it's gonna get thrashed by the 650.

7 minutes ago, favoritos said:

This was mine on delivery.

20231230_080522.thumb.jpg.d35e0c7343153301c75c408496b1a35e.jpg

Seems like there is a fair amount of room to move that front shock and tunnel cross shaft around as mentioned.  I figured the extra holes were for the ice racing guys.  Each adjustment from stock lowers the sled in that section.  I expected to have corresponding holes for the rear scissor mounts too.  That would actually make more sense for the extra coupler holes.

Okay yes mine was the same.. It never even crossed my mind to use that other hole or even noticed i guess? :smack:Cant imagine the blocks would even make contact in the other hole..  Nice gold digger studs.

33 minutes ago, HSR said:

Sounds like it's gonna get thrashed by the 650.

Especially if the clutching is that far off. It's no competition- The Polaris 650 is by far the benchmark in the 600 class. With that said, I don't know that most of the general public buying a 600 necessarily cares. Ramstad sorta has a point in saying that 600 buyers know that they aren't buying rocket ship.    

It'll be fun to see if there are some killer deals on 600 Catalysts in the spring (I'll be watching closely). With all of the 600's still at dealers, the release of the 858, and the work that will be required to get the best performance out of the 600, there could be some fantastic deals on used/left over Catalyst 600's this spring. 

4 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Especially if the clutching is that far off. It's no competition- The Polaris 650 is by far the benchmark in the 600 class. With that said, I don't know that most of the general public buying a 600 necessarily cares. Ramstad sorta has a point in saying that 600 buyers know that they aren't buying rocket ship.    

It'll be fun to see if there are some killer deals on 600 Catalysts in the spring (I'll be watching closely). With all of the 600's still at dealers, the release of the 858, and the work that will be required to get the best performance out of the 600, there could be some fantastic deals on used/left over Catalyst 600's this spring. 

whut?  

according to @ZR6000RR they're all... 

sold-out-agogo-kitchen.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

They were totally impressed with the new chassis and that is a good thing, they pointed out many things they felt were greatly improved on. Now I know who it is we're talking about,the Lesters, but they seemed quite happy with it.:thumbsup: