Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

Other than asking somone who owns one, there is no way to verify a parts book error on the RXC from 2020 to today....

0648-951 CAM ASSY,TEAM L/W-REV-38S ER/40S ER
2018-2021 ZR 6000 R XC

0748-048 CAM,DRIVEN-48S ERI2 W/BRG ADAPT
2022 ZR 6000
2022 ZR 6000 R XC
2023 ZR 6000
2023 ZR 6000 129 R XC

• Like 1

Anyone interested in shock springs off a 2024 catalyst RXC?  Swapping front shock springs and middle shock spring's.. Both new zero miles.. Message if interested.  

55 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Are you referring to the front TRACK shock spring?  Mind if I ask what your weight is dressed and riding? Which Catalyst you running ? Big hit as in it feels like its bottoming out?  Or?  

Yes front track shock spring. I'm 270 kinda  knew  going in this may be a problem. ZR 137.  I would bottom on my Viper on some of the same shit.

55 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Are you referring to the front TRACK shock spring?  Mind if I ask what your weight is dressed and riding? Which Catalyst you running ? Big hit as in it feels like its bottoming out?  Or?  

Yes front track shock spring. I'm 270 kinda  knew  going in this may be a problem. ZR 137.  I would bottom on my Viper on some of the same shit.

2 minutes ago, Allyammies said:

The front spring is a dual rate/2 springs with the separator/cup.. Basically a soft short spring stacked on top of a monster spring .. Way to stiff for me or the wife. Not sure if they have addressed the Shock "rub" of years past with these dual rate/2 spring system???   Anyone know if this is a issue anymore?  I know it used to be. .  I might have a part number of another spring that may work for you also.. Up to you if you want to try the stocker out of the RXC.. 

image.thumb.png.0dee4eba3f1ffbb26e9f0b74853bd004.png 

27 minutes ago, Allyammies said:

Sent you a Pm 

The RXC  is a 170/250  dual rate with 2 springs..   The other I gave you a link to   ARCTIC CAT  2704-229  is a  160/260   single spring dual rate(bowling pin style).  Both will work for you

Edited by jonlafon1

20 minutes ago, Allyammies said:

I don't have part numbers but the Catalyst 137 front arm is using the same shock as Procross has been.

Unfortunately, the RXC springs would not be a good match since they are using the the same larger diameter as the old RR sleds.

@jonlafon1,  I still have one of those lighter initial rate RR springs sitting around.  I always swapped them out for a heavier spring.  The RXC is using the same setup they RR had for springs except for that light spring.  You can have that spring to try if you like.  Unfortunately the isolation collar shock rub etc.  is going to be the same as we've seen on the RR setup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I don't have part numbers but the Catalyst 137 front arm is using the same shock as Procross has been.

Unfortunately, the RXC springs would not be a good match since they are using the the same larger diameter as the old RR sleds.

@jonlafon1,  I still have one of those lighter initial rate RR springs sitting around.  I always swapped them out for a heavier spring.  The RXC is using the same setup they RR had for springs except for that light spring.  You can have that spring to try if you like.  Unfortunately the isolation collar shock rub etc.  is going to be the same as we've seen on the RR setup.

Thanks for offer.  Im going with the Stingray mod spring for me on the center.. Had good luck on a sidewinder 137" with this spring. I had a set of front shock springs here from a 2021 zr 800.. Same 95 pound as the Catalyst zr 600.  I like a little more plush ride and cruise lots of miles in the UP..  PLUS this is suppose to be the wifes sled!  It wont be leaving the ground or get pounded through the ruff shit

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, favoritos said:

:thumbsup:  this is what I wasnt sure of.. Thanks for clarification

2 hours ago, krom said:

adapt secondary is the same thing as the team..  The castings are a little different as the adapt versions don't have the provisions to be able to make them "tied".  But springs interchange, and a team helix will bolt right into an adapt. 

The adapt helix won't fit a team secondary  because it doesnt' have the big "U" cut outs to clear the provisions for "tied" operation. 

This is the 19 RXC that used a different team secondary image.png.676c825db19408aef5146380c411ba65.png

image.png.415ca0fd3d2f1518714d26b2f2791e99.png

Can't find a performance manual, or owners manual for the rxc/rsx newer than that 19 manual

2 hours ago, krom said:

Other than asking somone who owns one, there is no way to verify a parts book error on the RXC from 2020 to today....

0648-951 CAM ASSY,TEAM L/W-REV-38S ER/40S ER
2018-2021 ZR 6000 R XC

0748-048 CAM,DRIVEN-48S ERI2 W/BRG ADAPT
2022 ZR 6000
2022 ZR 6000 R XC
2023 ZR 6000
2023 ZR 6000 129 R XC

2 hours ago, krom said:

Team helix with "U" notch:
image.png.77e972a2021ba2f06f426fd80b68dea0.png

ADAPT helix, no notch:

image.png.f8a2501876f9750b67a5b60fe9b7e145.png

:roflcrying:

so... too much ramp and spring pressure or no?  IDK TBH... but maybe there's a there there.

IMG_20240116_171255717.jpg

IMG_20240116_171309509_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240116_171319808_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240116_171330583.jpg

IMG_20240116_172539234_HDR.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Just went for a 10 mile rip waiting for the sno pro 500 boys to show up.

@Not greg b was right this thing is the easiest sled I’ve ever ridden.

They didn’t groom the trail coming out to the main trails so it’s rock hard and huge bumps and it takes them better the harder you push it which is typical for a slide action in my opinion. Cornering at 45-50 in the tight twisty stuff in big bumps takes what seems like zero effort to the point I thought I was maybe doing 25-35. Front end is still a good old point and shoot cat front end and the body panels make it super easy to move around a lot. I was keeping my expectations very low just in case but I think once this thing is really dialed in it’ll be an absolute weapon.

IMG_2998.jpeg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Just went for a 10 mile rip waiting for the sno pro 500 boys to show up.

@Not greg b was right this thing is the easiest sled I’ve ever ridden.

They didn’t groom the trail coming out to the main trails so it’s rock hard and huge bumps and it takes them better the harder you push it which is typical for a slide action in my opinion. Cornering at 45-50 in the tight twisty stuff in big bumps takes what seems like zero effort to the point I thought I was maybe doing 25-35. Front end is still a good old point and shoot cat front end and the body panels make it super easy to move around a lot. I was keeping my expectations very low just in case but I think once this thing is really dialed in it’ll be an absolute weapon.

IMG_2998.jpeg

put the stock skis back on it... and what's the top end?  :stirthepot:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

put the stock skis back on it... and what's the top end?  :stirthepot:

Not sure yet the trails I rode so far are all tight but I’ll see what it’ll do on this hard pack. I’m only allowed to run C&As or they won’t give me the 2.7% team discount anymore 😂

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

Not sure yet the trails I rode so far are all tight but I’ll see what it’ll do on this hard pack. I’m only allowed to run C&As or they won’t give me the 2.7% team discount anymore 😂

just take it out on the road and let the sparks fly... don't be such a pussy!  :roflcrying:

2.7%?  fuck it, run it down the road until you hit the spindle.  ;)

• Haha 1

Just read an AMAZING take on the Catalyst by none other than Greg B. Stated, the factory setting of the headlight is into the tree tops. Thought he was smarter than this. There is no factory setting Greg. They tell you how to set the aim to your weight. Fuck! Spend a minute digesting that, then read the fucking manual and adjust accordingly. Friend on a Polaris two years ago on hospice ride, said there was no adjustment what so ever. Lucky we had along a poo Engineer,  who set him straight,  while  making him look stupid. You look really fucking stupid tonight Greg. 

Edited by ZR6000RR

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Just read an AMAZING take on the Catalyst by none other than Greg B. Stated, the factory setting of the headlight is into the tree tops. Thought he was smarter than this. There is no factory setting Greg. The tell you how to set the aim to your weight. Fuck! Spend a minute digesting that, then read the fucking manual and adjust accordingly. Friend on a Polaris two years ago on hospice ride, said there was no adjustment what so ever. Lucky we had along a poo Engineer,  who set him straight,  while  making him look stupid. You look really fucking stupid tonight Greg. 

Just leave the green windshield trim piece off.  No adjustment needed.  Auto adjust on the fly.

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Just leave the green windshield trim piece off.  No adjustment needed.  Auto adjust on the fly.

Sure. Be like you. Except mine is Beautiful BLUE. easiest headlight I have ever felt with on adjusting. Bright and covers as well as the Pro Cross. 

13 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Just read an AMAZING take on the Catalyst by none other than Greg B. Stated, the factory setting of the headlight is into the tree tops. Thought he was smarter than this. There is no factory setting Greg. They tell you how to set the aim to your weight. Fuck! Spend a minute digesting that, then read the fucking manual and adjust accordingly. Friend on a Polaris two years ago on hospice ride, said there was no adjustment what so ever. Lucky we had along a poo Engineer,  who set him straight,  while  making him look stupid. You look really fucking stupid tonight Greg. 

b208d38d-2027-4d15-bf3e-80e55f9bddfe_tex

:roflcrying:

Cat has a long history of not pointing the headlights on the trail... 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/worthwhile-tweaks-for-the-sno-pro-500/

21 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Let me refrase that for stupid people like you. When you take out of the box and go ride the fucking thing they are high until it gets dark and you can go adjust them you petty fuck. If I had an away to set them well in the day I probably would. Every cat for the last 15 years has had them pointed high except your’s because you get them hand built at the factory by engineers.