Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm predicting a Pro Open or Soo sled will break 120mph this weekend.

I wouldn’t doubt it. My friend’s soo sled would do 125 on the gun easily when they were doing soo testing back in the day. It’s amazing those engines will hold together for what they do with them and a 1 mile pull at an xc race is a lot longer than the straights at the soo. 

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I wouldn’t doubt it. My friend’s soo sled would do 125 on the gun easily when they were doing soo testing back in the day. It’s amazing those engines will hold together for what they do with them and a 1 mile pull at an xc race is a lot longer than the straights at the soo. 

The last time some Soo sleds came out, I wish I remember if it was a Midwest racer or a MIRA guy, one sled hit 121.  One of the Faust sleds maybe?

21 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The last time some Soo sleds came out, I wish I remember if it was a Midwest racer or a MIRA guy, one sled hit 121.  One of the Faust sleds maybe?

Probably a Mira guy. My friend came out there one year with a bunch of other Mira guys and did the shoot out with you guys. He was a Mira guy. Not sure if he had his sled or was driving someone else’s for that race. There is an awesome picture that has been floating around from that race of him and bunke bar to bar hanging it out into a corner. Is Troy dewald going there to race this weekend? He has a bad ass catalyst mod built for endurance racing. He had pictures of them testing on a lake. I am guessing he is up in Minnesota because we don’t have any ice in Michigan. 

49 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Probably a Mira guy. My friend came out there one year with a bunch of other Mira guys and did the shoot out with you guys. He was a Mira guy. Not sure if he had his sled or was driving someone else’s for that race. There is an awesome picture that has been floating around from that race of him and bunke bar to bar hanging it out into a corner. Is Troy dewald going there to race this weekend? He has a bad ass catalyst mod built for endurance racing. He had pictures of them testing on a lake. I am guessing he is up in Minnesota because we don’t have any ice in Michigan. 

Only one I know will be there for sure with a MIRA/Soo sled is Ross Erdman will be on the DL Racing #29. 

I'm assuming you'll see a random assortment up there.

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

according to a reliable source the Poo 600R SX/Enduro mod is capable of making 176hp at wot. 

for how long?  about 512 miles.  :lol:

21 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I ran my last one around that. The difference was it wasn’t at peak until closer top speed and pulled its way up there. Now it’s screaming rpm way too early. I think that big spring is holding it back in the secondary. Gas mileage will probably increase as well with clutch work. 

So its UP shifting to fast. Go lower helix angle > first number 56  ??  Go to a 52?

OR Maybe 155/220  secondary spring?  Instead of the 180/240 

Edited by jonlafon1

15 hours ago, Jerr2Star said:

@31:00 Dave McClure mentions a moment about himself and Riley Kincade riding the RXC.

the best part of the entire podcast is at 43:00 

loling.gif.3b8a19c350dce553f4727f3b5f7f1b95.gif

• Haha 1

you guys are fast...

They are sending instructions and zip ties to any customers that have picked up/warranty registered their sled.  The instructions come with a card to return stating they have completed the update.  If the customer chooses to fix it and send back the card, ac will send them a gift card.

If they are a jimwit, its recommended they bring it to a dealer.

If the line is damaged, they have to bring it to a dealer for repair

Edited by krom
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

So its UP shifting to fast. Go lower helix angle > first number 56  ??  Go to a 52?

OR Maybe 155/220  secondary spring?  Instead of the 180/240 

Going to try a straight 48 and straight 43 in it with the 155/220 spring and adjust the primary from there. I have a friend I can borrow some helixs from to try. Once the snow gets set up I will grab them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Only one I know will be there for sure with a MIRA/Soo sled is Ross Erdman will be on the DL Racing #29. 

I'm assuming you'll see a random assortment up there.

Talked to my friend. It was back in 2015 he thinks. He was riding yovick’s sled and not his. He said he had a top speed of like 124mph that day on the lake. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

according to a reliable source the Poo 600R SX/Enduro mod is capable of making 176hp at wot. 

for how long?  about 512 miles.  :lol:

My friend said his rugland mod made about 170hp. Him and bunke got the 2 soo motors Larry built that year. He would rebuild the whole sled after the soo. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, krom said:

If they are a jimwit, its recommended they bring it to a dealer.

maybe this could help him... 

can't even believe there was a how to video for it...  :lmao:

25 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Talked to my friend. It was back in 2015 he thinks. He was riding yovick’s sled and not his. He said he had a top speed of like 124mph that day on the lake. 

what's also amazing about the Mira and SOO sleds is they still have enough suspension to handle what happens at the end of the race... whoop fest 

Just did the update. There were like 4 zip ties and a clamp from the factory holding that line. And why is the over flow line for the cooling res hook to the brake bleeder?

Also took a peek at the primary clutch. There is a ton left on the table in the clutching. There is about 3/4 to an inch of sheave left from where the belt starts slipping. 1/2 of that left over area hasn’t even been touched by the belt as it is slipping so bad. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Also took a peek at the primary clutch. There is a ton left on the table in the clutching. There is about 3/4 to an inch of sheave left from where the belt starts slipping. 1/2 of that left over area hasn’t even been touched by the belt as it is slipping so bad. 

To much helix angle or spring in secondary.  My guess. Thanks for observation and post. 

Edited by jonlafon1

The windshield accessory engineer needs to be fired.  I did manage to get the mid touring on with some swearing and another set of hands.  Not impressed with that fit and finish.  More so above the headlight.  The green plastic trim price so to speak.  I will add once you get the fucker on it’s nice and tight and secure but getting to that point ?  

IMG_2191.jpeg

IMG_2190.jpeg

Put a heated seat on last night.  The wife likes that.  Went with heat demon. Been rigging these up on my own for years.  One setting on or off.  Came out real nice. And my pull handle anti scratch mod. 

IMG_2194.jpeg

IMG_2195.jpeg

IMG_2196.jpeg

IMG_2197.jpeg

Edited by jonlafon1