Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Weak moments ... you know how it goes.

Well at least that would be more original than a dupe named 044KA.  

You just now figured out I spelled my user name backwards? Damn! Nothing gets past you… not fries, not burgers, not shakes, not donuts 🍩. You’re one smart cookie. Oh wait, you’d eat that too. :lol2::yum:

13 hours ago, AK440 said:

I’m still on there and post all the time. Look me up under my user name: bontz_is_a_fat_fuck

:lol2::barney::yum:

Careful- I resemble that remark. 

giphy (1).gif

The arms off pre 2020 vs the cattle ass. The rxc still used these. The newer procross arm weren’t that far off vs the old ones. They did front end work 

IMG_3320.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like catalyst has less caster probably helps for the quicker steering with less effort.

Wonder if 'darting' complaints will be more.  I still can't believe how many people bought r-xc's for their wives and kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Looks like catalyst has less caster probably helps for the quicker steering with less effort.

Wonder if 'darting' complaints will be more.  I still can't believe how many people bought r-xc's for their wives and kids.

@Not greg b's dealer said they sold a lot since it was the most 'green' color scheme one could get... if my memory is correct. 

hope to get a little saddle time in one this winter and if I like it in the woods, think I'm going to wait a bit and turn a 129 into a 128 SnoPro 600, just because...  ;)

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Assuming the mounting angles of the upper A-arm are the same, the picture shows the Catalyst has more positive caster with the upper ball joint of the Catalyst further from the ski bolt.

Even still, it's hard to say because the lower A-arm angle on a procross may be different also, so the frame of reference is kid of moot.

42 minutes ago, Premium said:

Assuming the mounting angles of the upper A-arm are the same, the picture shows the Catalyst has more positive caster with the upper ball joint of the Catalyst further from the ski bolt.

Even still, it's hard to say because the lower A-arm angle on a procross may be different also, so the frame of reference is kid of moot.

I think the catalyst mounts to the chassis are slightly different. Holding it up there you would have to force the pc arm into position and would probably tweak the mounting tabs. Not sure on the lower arm. At haydays they said they were new arms on the catalyst vs the 2023 procross but didn’t I didn’t ask what all changed.

Edited by Not greg b

If I get antsy I might go ride mine tonight. The snow base is building. Have about 3 inches of snow now and it is coming down decent. Should be able to get it out of stage one of brake in at least. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

If I get antsy I might go ride mine tonight. The snow base is building. Have about 3 inches of snow now and it is coming down decent. Should be able to get it out of stage one of brake in at least. 

Couple buddies of mine are heading up to Lake of the Woods for their annual ice fishing weekend and just texted me, "Holy shit - there's a guy out snow blowing his driveway!"  I laughed and asked them if the guy has a snow cannon in his yard.  They said there's probably about 2" where they're at (just north of Hinckley I guess).  I told them I hope they don't need to use a boat to get out to their fishing spots this week .... or back from their spots :lol:

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Couple buddies of mine are heading up to Lake of the Woods for their annual ice fishing weekend and just texted me, "Holy shit - there's a guy out snow blowing his driveway!"  I laughed and asked them if the guy has a snow cannon in his yard.  They said there's probably about 2" where they're at (just north of Hinckley I guess).  I told them I hope they don't need to use a boat to get out to their fishing spots this week .... or back from their spots :lol:

They better rent a sherp lol

• Haha 1

https://ibexx.com/adapt_roller_conversion_kit_arc_pid2734

Thoughts?  I have not purchased this or have any plans to, but it sure seems interesting.. Anyone have any experience with this?  Im not understanding how its a roller set up when the towers touch each side of the roller? Or do they only touch one side ? Or is it only one side of the roller when under power and clutch is engaged?  

12 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

https://ibexx.com/adapt_roller_conversion_kit_arc_pid2734

Thoughts?  I have not purchased this or have any plans to, but it sure seems interesting.. Anyone have any experience with this?  Im not understanding how its a roller set up when the towers touch each side of the roller? Or do they only touch one side ? Or is it only one side of the roller when under power and clutch is engaged?  

Probably will see the same amount of improvement as those washers people were selling to replace the o rings on the big pins. If they made a huge efficiency gain you would have to lighten up the weights. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Probably will see the same amount of improvement as those washers people were selling to replace the o rings on the big pins. If they made a huge efficiency gain you would have to lighten up the weights. 

First Adapt clutch for me.  Have not dug into yet but this weekend they are both coming off for some "other parts" and cleaning

3 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

First Adapt clutch for me.  Have not dug into yet but this weekend they are both coming off for some "other parts" and cleaning

Haven’t looked into mine much yet either. I wiped it off with acetone and learned how to take the belt off and put it back on. A lot tighter than a procross in there. Also there was a lot of crap on the belts this year when I washed. Seemed like more than usual 

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Haven’t looked into mine much yet either. I wiped it off with acetone and learned how to take the belt off and put it back on. A lot tighter than a procross in there. Also there was a lot of crap on the belts this year when I washed. Seemed like more than usual 

Yes lots of crap on the primary . Entire surface has a VERY sticky feel to it. Belt change was a blast im guessing.. Cant imagine a 125 HP being a belt blower unless shit is really out of wack. 

14 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

I put an ADAPT on my 250hp 998 turbo last year and am quite pleased with it.  Smooth power delivery and extremely low belt dust compared to my old Team primary it seems. Have around 2k miles on it.

Be sure not to over-torque the cover bolts on the ADAPT if you decide to swap springs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Premium said:

I put an ADAPT on my 250hp 998 turbo last year and am quite pleased with it.  Smooth power delivery and extremely low belt dust compared to my old Team primary it seems. Have around 2k miles on it.

Be sure not to over-torque the cover bolts on the ADAPT if you decide to swap springs.

INCH pounds torque wrench!   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Yes lots of crap on the primary . Entire surface has a VERY sticky feel to it. Belt change was a blast im guessing.. Cant imagine a 125 HP being a belt blower unless shit is really out of wack. 

I could blow belts very easily on my last ctech 600. It was worse than the 800 I had. Hopefully the newer clutch worked better than the 10 year old stuff 

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah, people buy into all the snake oil clutching gadgets.  

The salesmen would make it seem like a big deal because of some o-ring drag.. oh no a 60 gram weight isn't falling as free as it could... Those weights are pushing with hundreds of pounds of force, 30 grams of resistance isn't going to change anything.

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

image.jpeg.adf83df27a03f2206c01182c4df983e2.jpeg

Heavy hitters adjustable weights. About it for now

Do you want to sell your stock weights?