Check your account email address ×

The greediest and whiniest living generation...

26 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Man bun wearing melenials and Gen Z for sure. Most worthless generations ever!

They haven’t done any real damage though. Boomers have ensured that we all end up fucking slaves after they drain every last drop they can vote themselves. 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

They haven’t done any real damage though. Boomers have ensured that we all end up fucking slaves after they drain every last drop they can vote themselves. 

Well they’re paving the way for communism so depends how you want to look at it 

38 minutes ago, ACE said:

Well they’re paving the way for communism so depends how you want to look at it 

And that’s a direct result of the boomers having stolen the American dream from every generation after them. 

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Snake said:

Without knowing how old you are, all I can say is that I put my head down and worked my ass off for 33 years. Possibly because of my upbringing, and doing my time in Army just made work nothing but a thing. I knew after a year of part time I was eligible to drive. I got a bid within 3 months after that year.

I got my last paycheck this week; it was for unpaid time left on the books. $41.40 per hour.

I don't know, but I'd put up with a shit ton of shit to make that as a high school grad. And the awesome bennies (all insurances paid, I was at 6 weeks vacation a year, 5 optionals and 3 sick days) made it a no brainer.

It's hard work, no doubt about it. But my house is mine, my toys are mind, and I'm making a few percentage points above my 40 hour week as a pension.

I regret nothing.

I’m 35 ya a millennial but far from lazy if that’s what you’re thinking 😂. I was just saying there is a reason they can’t get help or people to stay that job is brutal for what they pay. It sounds like it worked out good for you as it should for anyone that can survive the first phase of the company.

While boomers may have killed the manufacturing base in America, I can’t be very proud to be a Gen Xer when our generation has given birth to the bullshit young adults of today. Some are good but most are wacked out and worthless. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Here's $10,000 or $20,000 just because, would you like some more?? Hang on let me sign another piece of paper and we can bump that amount up even more, lets say $100,000.00 will that be enough or would you like more??  don't worry you'll never have to pay this money back in Your Life Time........ :thumb: beer_cheers.gif.67ceddf3021a3d0eafd1f16301525f6b.gif

1325407309_throwingmoney.gif.a539afebd07900b5630baa0f6186e938.gif

I'm an old man who's going to help fund that lunacy Jerry ... 

My first job at 13 was at a produce wholesale distributor unloading box cars and semis by hand, bagging potatoes, sorting tomatoes, onions, etc. all for $1.78 per hour in 1983.  You haven't lived until you've spent a day unloading a box car full of 100lb bags of potatoes... or semi trailers full of water melons.  

When I was 16 I got a nice white collar job at an automotive parts and service center for a whooping $3.34 an hour.  Bet there's some MN/WI guys here that might remember Crown Auto. 

• Like 2

I'll also add in my first manager instilled in me a principal I still use with people that work under me to this day... on day one he said to me 'there's nothing here that I'll ask you to do that I haven't already done myself or won't do today if it needs to be done.'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm an old man who's going to help fund that lunacy Jerry ... 

My first job at 13 was at a produce wholesale distributor unloading box cars and semis by hand, bagging potatoes, sorting tomatoes, onions, etc. all for $1.78 per hour in 1983.  You haven't lived until you've spent a day unloading a box car full of 100lb bags of potatoes... or semi trailers full of water melons.  

When I was 16 I got a nice white collar job at an automotive parts and service center for a whooping $3.34 an hour.  Bet there's some MN/WI guys here that might remember Crown Auto. 

When I was still in highschool my future father in law paid me to unload train cars,  50lb. bags of powdered Asbestos that he sprayed into walls and ceilings of Commercial buildings, the fog from the product was very heavy, surprised that crap hasn't killed me by now. I think maybe he didn't like me. LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

When I was still in highschool my future father in law paid me to unload train cars,  50lb. bags of powdered Asbestos that he sprayed into walls and ceilings of Commercial buildings, the fog from the product was very heavy, surprised that crap hasn't killed me by now. I think maybe he didn't like me. LOL

I only got burlap bag dye tattoos and rash, you've probably got a major lawsuit you missed out on.  :lol:

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

While boomers may have killed the manufacturing base in America, I can’t be very proud to be a Gen Xer when our generation has given birth to the bullshit young adults of today. Some are good but most are wacked out and worthless. 

you are right about that. as a gen x myself we grew up with nothing. most of our friends were the same. you did not see the money of today. young people didn't have shit , especially high end cars. if you looked in the school parking lot back then it was full of junk. even the teachers drove average cars. now the lot is full of bmws, lexus, etc. my generation raised kids with the idea that they were NOT going to grow up with cheap sneakers , cheap clothes, no car or shitty car at best, or any other want in life left unfulfilled. i have 2 step daughters that thank me for making them work their way up through life. they are both doing well, and know the reason is from my pushing them to be someone better. the youngest wanted a scirocco when she in school. i told her to ride her bike to the restaurant 5 miles away, save the money and we can do it. she did and i found her a "garage find" scirocco that was nicer than she ever thought possible. and she then drove to work , but kept working. she is 42 and a cfo for ibm. world traveled and living very well. never a birthday or father's day goes by that i don't find a gift on my steps from her, no matter where she is in the world. her sister is very different but doing well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I only got burlap bag dye tattoos and rash, you've probably got a major lawsuit you missed out on.  :lol:

That was before anyone knew how dangerous it was, I was 14 at the time but should have figured out why other guys in the train cars all were wearing  large masks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

You’re a perfect example , and still to fucking stupid to realize the trash you supported. 

Yes, Ive vote against incumbents, and my choices lost likely over 90% of the time.  Not sure what this boomer was thinking.  In fact, Trump was about the only candidate that I supported who won his race.  Any other stupidity and misinformation you’d like to convey Iron range Joy Behar?  Ive voted against Washington since you were probably eating your boogers.  Do you still eat your boogers?

• Haha 3

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yes, Ive vote against incumbents, and my choices lost likely over 90% of the time.  Not sure what this boomer was thinking.  In fact, Trump was about the only candidate that I supported who won his race.  Any other stupidity and misinformation you’d like to convey Iron range Joy Behar?  Ive voted against Washington since you were probably eating your boogers.  Do you still eat your boogers?

Bhen is a whiney generation all his own. :lol:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That's awesome!

:lol:

8 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’m 35 ya a millennial but far from lazy if that’s what you’re thinking 😂. I was just saying there is a reason they can’t get help or people to stay that job is brutal for what they pay. It sounds like it worked out good for you as it should for anyone that can survive the first phase of the company.

I asked about age because in 33 years I see things change in the operation of the company. All I ca say is things were a lot different back in 1989.

It has always been a very labor intensive company. Oddly, the more technological it got the more intense it got. It seemed like every advancement meant more stops.

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

I asked about age because in 33 years I see things change in the operation of the company. All I ca say is things were a lot different back in 1989.

It has always been a very labor intensive company. Oddly, the more technological it got the more intense it got. It seemed like every advancement meant more stops.

Neighbor and good friend is retiring next year, he's a master of UPS clock management for ot and bonus hours and has said the technology has made them more efficient, but there's still some serious amount of stupid when the managers get in the mix.  He makes a killing doing extra hazmat and airport runs.

33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You are a neocon puppet who supports neocon trash. The end 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Neighbor and good friend is retiring next year, he's a master of UPS clock management for ot and bonus hours and has said the technology has made them more efficient, but there's still some serious amount of stupid when the managers get in the mix.  He makes a killing doing extra hazmat and airport runs.

Tons of drivers from my center are pulling down over $100k a year.

Of course they are home late every night.... 8:30 or 9:00, but they are mostly 1 earner families.

It was out of the ordinary I ever pulled any overtime.... more often than not I was home or on my way home when the 8 hour clock ticked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

you are right about that. as a gen x myself we grew up with nothing. most of our friends were the same. you did not see the money of today. young people didn't have shit , especially high end cars. if you looked in the school parking lot back then it was full of junk. even the teachers drove average cars. now the lot is full of bmws, lexus, etc. my generation raised kids with the idea that they were NOT going to grow up with cheap sneakers , cheap clothes, no car or shitty car at best, or any other want in life left unfulfilled. i have 2 step daughters that thank me for making them work their way up through life. they are both doing well, and know the reason is from my pushing them to be someone better. the youngest wanted a scirocco when she in school. i told her to ride her bike to the restaurant 5 miles away, save the money and we can do it. she did and i found her a "garage find" scirocco that was nicer than she ever thought possible. and she then drove to work , but kept working. she is 42 and a cfo for ibm. world traveled and living very well. never a birthday or father's day goes by that i don't find a gift on my steps from her, no matter where she is in the world. her sister is very different but doing well

Yup. We didn’t have very many wants at all growing up. Didn’t travel much except to my grand parents place in northern Michigan. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Tons of drivers from my center are pulling down over $100k a year.

Of course they are home late every night.... 8:30 or 9:00, but they are mostly 1 earner families.

It was out of the ordinary I ever pulled any overtime.... more often than not I was home or on my way home when the 8 hour clock ticked.

Jesus. If I worked those kinds of hours, I’d make way over that. I like having a life though. 

Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yup. We didn’t have very many wants at all growing up. Didn’t travel much except to my grand parents place in northern Michigan. 

Jesus. If I worked those kinds of hours, I’d make way over that. I like having a life though. 

Exactly. We met our obligations with what we made, and the time at home was worth more than the time at work.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

And that’s a direct result of the boomers having stolen the American dream from every generation after them. 

Americans only live in poverty relatively speaking. People in Africa live in real poverty 

poverty in America is having an out of date iphone 

• Haha 1