Check your account email address ×

Restaurants in deep-blue cities starved for diners while Florida is feasting

16 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah it does. Many discovered during Covid it was much cheaper to eat at home so they continue to do so.

Kill yourself you absolutely brain dead piece of shit 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The mask is a disgusting filthy germ catching gross apparatus that does nothing but provide a sense of comfort for those unable to reason. Like a fucking binky. Take the god damn thing off and forget they ever forced us to wear them. If you are so feeble and sickly that you need to wear a mask in to the restaurant then stay the fuck home. 

Those blue non medical masks or whatever the shit they call them, can't filter an air born virus.

They also contain TIO2, known to cause cancer, plus they fall apart and shit gets in your lungs.

The only thing that works is a full respirator p100 filter.

I say let's do an experiment, put people in a room then fill it with laughing gas and see the results yourself.

Can't believe people fell for this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Those blue non medical masks or whatever the shit they call them, can't filter an air born virus.

They also contain TIO2, known to cause cancer, plus they fall apart and shit gets in your lungs.

The only thing that works is a full respirator p100 filter.

I say let's do an experiment, put people in a room then fill it with laughing gas and see the results yourself.

Can't believe people fell for this.

I can see the argument that they filter larger droplets but it’s such a non issue it’s insane. If you are sickly and coughing and sneezing and blowing mucus everywhere stay the fuck home. Let the rest of us with functioning brains get on with life and forget that this idiotic bullshit ever disrupted our lives. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

We rarely see anyone wearing masks anymore. I have never worn them.

I laughed my ass off in 2021, I was going snowmobiling and we stayed on the Turtle Flambeau Flowage and me being from Dane County there was not one mask to found at any of the Restaurants or bars and they were packed wall to wall. Good old Dane county, you're lucky Don you live where people use common sense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I can see the argument that they filter larger droplets but it’s such a non issue it’s insane. If you are sickly and coughing and sneezing and blowing mucus everywhere stay the fuck home. Let the rest of us with functioning brains get on with life and forget that this idiotic bullshit ever disrupted our lives. 

They might work somewhat for a cold, but not covid.

The end.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They might work somewhat for a cold, but not covid.

The end.

A cold and covid operate with the same exact mechanism for infection. How could you devote your entire life to this and not understand that :lol: good god

Edited by f7ben

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A cold and covid operate with the same exact mechanism for infection. How could you devote your entire life to this and not understand that :lol: good god

Ok, it will stop mucus and droplets.  But not any asymptomatic breathing.

Clear.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:55 PM, teamgreen02 said:

Minneapolis is on its way to being the Midwest version of.San Francisco.

The number of daily diners in the city of Minneapolis was down an average of 54.3% in July — so the city had less than half the number of people eating out, compared with July 2019, according to OpenTable.

It’s the worst recovery of any city in the world tracked by the restaurant reservation service.

Was once a nice city too...

On 8/18/2022 at 9:30 PM, racinfarmer said:

When we were in town for the Kenny Chesney concert, we stopped at the Target by Ridgedale and were in the minority not wearing masks.  

We ate at a trendy Mexican joint and were the only two not wearing masks. 

We were the pariah of the place and didn't feel welcome at all. 

We watched several diners take their masks off just long enough to shove a quick bite in their pie hole, they mask back up ASAP and chew.  

I'll stick with a sketch White Castle after that go around.

We were at the Knoxville Nationals last weekend.  25,000 people who are not the picture of ideal health.  Saw 2 masks.  One on a guy missing a leg and was a couple hundo overweight and a person who I'm assuming is a cancer patient.  

Damn ...

On 8/18/2022 at 10:29 PM, spin_dry said:

Good. People need to eat at home. Fuck restaurants. 

Just cuz you eat tv dinners by yourself in that heap of shit van every day - doesn't mean everybody is miserable like you.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:33 PM, Mainecat said:

There’s too many restaurants.

Who are you to decide that?

19 hours ago, ckf said:

I use the free ones at the doctor's. They have a wire at the top above the nose. It's kinda like adjusting the breather box on a helmet. They work well for me.

And the viruses go right thru them...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

The good ones are still rockin. May weed out the bad ones. My fave Italian beef guy sold his brand new yuge restaurant he built and bought a smaller building for drive thru only. He was really pissed about the shutdowns and all the restrictive rules. 

There is a popular pub near my new office, went there for lunch yesterday. Burgers were $20. That's just nuts. 

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Was once a nice city too...

Damn ...

Just cuz you eat tv dinners by yourself in that heap of shit van every day - doesn't mean everybody is miserable like you.

Who are you to decide that?

And the viruses go right thru them...

Why do you care? If they want to wear one, how does it effect your day?

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Other than chuckling to myself it plays no bearing on my life whatsoever. Unless you know them personally best to keep your opinion to yourself, and even if you know them, best to mind your own business.

:lol:

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

If you want to wear a face diaper - go ahead.

For you to post that the wire ones fit good, like they are actually doing anything...that's different.

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Other than chuckling to myself it plays no bearing on my life whatsoever. Unless you know them personally best to keep your opinion to yourself, and even if you know them, best to mind your own business.

:lol:

I see old folks wearing them. No big deal, as maybe it helps a small amount. 

I see people driving alone in cars with them on & people riding bikes with them on. Fuckin idiots ... 

26 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

I see old folks wearing them. No big deal, as maybe it helps a small amount. 

I see people driving alone in cars with them on & people riding bikes with them on. Fuckin idiots ... 

You sound like a snowflake. Seriously.

31 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

If you want to wear a face diaper - go ahead.

For you to post that the wire ones fit good, like they are actually doing anything...that's different.

All I said was that they didn't slip down on my face like Steve was commenting about. Where did I say one was any better than the other? I'm required to where one at the hospital to see my doctor. The wire ones are more comfortable for me and they are free.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ckf said:

All I said was that they didn't slip down on my face like Steve was commenting about. Where did I say one was any better than the other? I'm required to where one at the hospital to see my doctor. The wire ones are more comfortable for me and they are free.

I went and saw Dr. Jelly Finger a few weeks back and I had to wear a mask and he was wearing one as well…probably  a good idea and not because of Covid…..😂😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Is that so fucking hard?

That's the hypocrisy of it all. Democrats spent the better part of the pandemic shitting on everyone who didn't do as they do, and now Republicans are doing the same.

• Like 2

• Gold Member

Ate at a Restaurant last night in Enfield pretty busy area , didnt notice one mask.    

By next year I think it will be even more rare. 

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

That's the hypocrisy of it all. Democrats spent the better part of the pandemic shitting on everyone who didn't do as they do, and now Republicans are doing the same.

Couple Dems in here who never go out to eat talking about "we have too many restaurants" ....Hypocrisy is everywhere. :news:

57 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Ate at a Restaurant last night in Enfield pretty busy area , didnt notice one mask.    

Couple Dems in here who never go out to eat talking about "we have too many restaurants" ....Hypocrisy is everywhere. :news:

My daughter graduated from NMU at the end of April and commencement was in the Yooper Dome…place was packed and saw maybe a half dozen masks. I was with my 86 year old MIL and she didn’t wear one.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Couple Dems in here who never go out to eat talking about "we have too many restaurants" ....Hypocrisy is everywhere:news:

That's what I said.

Restaurants are packed by us. We have to go there before 4 to avoid a long wait.  I don’t give two shits about the mask thing. Example 1 is a customer starting wearing one. Turns out his sister had premature twins and he and his wife help out with them. Has nothing to do with covid,more about not getting the twins sick.  

• Like 5