Check your account email address ×

Who’s says 80’s cars aren’t worth shit

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The car I should have never sold. (not actual but exactly the same)

454 LS 6 365 HP Ontario Orange

0880BBF9-2704-41E3-AB32-FA1D70EF87FA.jpeg

Nice car! My dad grabbed one of those motors back in the day new from GM and put it in his 67 RS/SS. Higher compression 450hp version :bc: 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Nice car! My dad grabbed one of those motors back in the day new from GM and put it in his 67 RS/SS. Higher compression 450hp version :bc: 

The other engine offered was the 454 at 425 HP

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The other engine offered was the 454 at 425 HP

This was a special crate motor not an ordered option motor. Still remember it being delivered to the house with the stickers saying minimum octane 100 (?) or something like that.

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, ICG said:

Curious...how many Grand National GNX models are sitting in storage???

Remember the 1978 Corvette Indy 500 Pace car ???  

Prices spiked + crashed after the market saw how many original examples were sitting indoors under cover...

That’s a good point I know two guys that bought boss 302’s new 12/13 ones not the original ones and basically just store them neither has barely any miles. I think a lot of people do that now in hopes to hit it big down the road.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

not in 1999 it didnt :thumb:

In 2000, the year we were talking about, the M3 was all over the WS6, as I showed earlier.

Hey, if ya need to boost those numbers have at it, I prefer to buy them, warrantied, with the nuts to do the deed already present.. :bc:

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

You are seriously retarded . I use to smoke 02 03 + M3s on the regular with my 00 Trans Am with a airbox delete  and a catback. 

When i did dart heads , headers and a Cartek Cam I was smoking the M5 V10s and C6 Corvettes back in 2011. 

LS f bodies are super underrated cars. You clearly never drove one nobody has ever said they are turds  

They are kinda turds 😂. I mean they are decently fast but they have horrible build quality and to me they are ugly as fuck. My buds 98 t/a is just a rattle box and everything on the interior is so poorly made. I guess all American cars are like that though until last few years.

10 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

They are kinda turds 😂. I mean they are decently fast but they have horrible build quality and to me they are ugly as fuck. My buds 98 t/a is just a rattle box and everything on the interior is so poorly made. I guess all American cars are like that though until last few years.

In other words... a turd.

I never brought up performance. I simply called them a turd. Fast or pretty don't mean shit if you feel like the thing may drop a trim piece or license plate mount at any second.

At 170k, my X5s 'quality' I put at 90%. Still rides great, 24mpg from 400 hp, paint and interior are still very fresh. And the only rattle I ever had was a thump every so often that turned out to be just a liftgate adjustment that I did in less than 10 minutes.

Won't even bring the convertible into the equasion cuz that has been rock solid in my book. Worse was replacing a valve cover gasket and valve cover because they will usually more often than not crack.

I admit I have probably softened up over the years, that probably clouds my judgement. Let me put it this way; the way my Sidewinder handles and went fast, it killed the previous Yamaha sleds I owned, by a wide margin. Bit the way it was put together was no where near up to par of my Yamis. And I am starting to miss that...

This thread got some legs... :lol:

• Like 2

My old 1971 W30 sold it in 2000.  Never drove it and it just became a museum piece like some of the sleds I have.  Can't do everything so put it in Hemmings on a whim for what I thought was a craze price and the first guy that came to look at it bought.  Tried to talk me down and I was having 2nd thought so he paid asking price cash.   

442.jpg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Doug said:

My old 1971 W30 sold it in 2000.  Never drove it and it just became a museum piece like some of the sleds I have.  Can't do everything so put it in Hemmings on a whim for what I thought was a craze price and the first guy that came to look at it bought.  Tried to talk me down and I was having 2nd thought so he paid asking price cash.   

442.jpg

Nice. My brother has a 72 he bought in 74.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

In other words... a turd.

I never brought up performance. I simply called them a turd. Fast or pretty don't mean shit if you feel like the thing may drop a trim piece or license plate mount at any second.

At 170k, my X5s 'quality' I put at 90%. Still rides great, 24mpg from 400 hp, paint and interior are still very fresh. And the only rattle I ever had was a thump every so often that turned out to be just a liftgate adjustment that I did in less than 10 minutes.

Won't even bring the convertible into the equasion cuz that has been rock solid in my book. Worse was replacing a valve cover gasket and valve cover because they will usually more often than not crack.

I admit I have probably softened up over the years, that probably clouds my judgement. Let me put it this way; the way my Sidewinder handles and went fast, it killed the previous Yamaha sleds I owned, by a wide margin. Bit the way it was put together was no where near up to par of my Yamis. And I am starting to miss that...

This thread got some legs... :lol:

2 hours ago, Snake said:

In 2000, the year we were talking about, the M3 was all over the WS6, as I showed earlier.

Hey, if ya need to boost those numbers have at it, I prefer to buy them, warrantied, with the nuts to do the deed already present.. :bc:

What ? You didnt prove shit. So now your changing definitions   I didnt know you were a Democrat.:lol:

a turd has always ment its slow so now ur backpeddling ......and I never "dropped a license plate mount or a trim piece" on any of my fucking GMs .  go look up Car and Driver numbers from 1998-2002 and tell me the F-body which is way cheaper and way easier to make faster btw .... doesnt compete with the M3 then. 

and fuck ur X5

BFD 2002 Escalade with 200k babY towing its whole life :lol::bc:

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

ill admit the build quality can be iffy...i had low mileage mint cars . when I sold my 2000 T/A in 2016 it had 52k miles . so im sure a clapped out 150k mile multiple owner one is totally different than what I experienced.

Ugly hmmm they can be, but color, wheels and stance makes a big difference with them cars.  

Blacked out loud WS6's still get the heads turning 

• Gold Member
Just now, EvilBird said:

ill admit the build quality can be iffy...i had low mileage mint cars . when I sold my 2000 T/A in 2016 it had 52k miles . so im sure a clapped out 150k mile multiple owner one is totally different than what I experienced.

Ugly hmmm they can be, but color, wheels and stance makes a big difference with them cars.  

Blacked out loud WS6's still get the heads turning 

Ya looks is all opinion so to each their own. I give my bud shit all the time about his I call it a sunfire with a ls 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Cars like this have turned into appreciating investments/assets. 

Idiot Gen x guys falling in to the same traps the idiot boomers did with the 50s and 60s cars that not more than 100 millennial pussys want anything to do with 

5 hours ago, EvilBird said:

You are seriously retarded . I use to smoke 02 03 + M3s on the regular with my 00 Trans Am with a airbox delete  and a catback. 

When i did dart heads , headers and a Cartek Cam I was smoking the M5 V10s and C6 Corvettes back in 2011. 

LS f bodies are super underrated cars. You clearly never drove one nobody has ever said they are turds  

Snake is a nice guy but he has used BMW syndrome 

• Haha 1

Had a new 79 TA6.6, no stupid bird, no leaky T roofs and WS6 pkg.  Years later bought a new 05 GTO with a LS2 400 hp.  Really nice car.  My Bmw 750 was faster than both of them.  Probably my favorite vehicle ML 550.  Reliable as a rock, tow 10,000 lbs and still pull off a 5 second 0-60

2CCA8802-C193-40B7-B956-F5562256377F.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Doug said:

442.jpg

Fuck yeah he did. I loved those W30's, its my favorite muscle car from that era. One of my friends had one in high school and we used to melt the tires off of that thing. Nice car :bc: 

• Gold Member
59 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Had a new 79 TA6.6, no stupid bird, no leaky T roofs and WS6 pkg.  Years later bought a new 05 GTO with a LS2 400 hp.  Really nice car.  My Bmw 750 was faster than both of them.  Probably my favorite vehicle ML 550.  Reliable as a rock, tow 10,000 lbs and still pull off a 5 second 0-60

2CCA8802-C193-40B7-B956-F5562256377F.jpeg

the 750 was faster than the GTO's 5 second 0-60? 

Goat must of been an Auto? what year 750? 

The thing with all LS motors is bolt ons and a tune make a huge difference. easily 15-25 HP waiting to be untapped. 

That Benz is sweet. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Snake has $50,000 in his pocket instead of a $2,000 car payment.. :lol:

im with ya on that. Fuck car payments . 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Downpipes and a tune I can be over 700hp...

You could hang out at the mall and do burn outs with the cool kids.

:quaqmire:

:bc: