Check your account email address ×

Utah’s Great Salt Lake drying up.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, X2700 said:

Climate has some to do with lake drying up but it’s mostly due to large population growth in the Salt Lake City area.

always the climate change!!

it’s the desert and there is just not enough water produced in that area to sustain the growth!!also large farming in region!!

farm in desert?

come on do a bit more looking into real reasons!!!!

Dude....Its widespread, as in Global.

These aren't isolated events, they are occurring on a regular frequent basis ....to be a denier in this day and age is just ludicrous. I'm not saying we can do anything about it but I certainly don't deny we are definitely warming.  The evidence is overwhelming.

7 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

These aren't isolated events, they are occurring on a regular frequent basis ....to be a denier in this day and age is just ludicrous. I'm not saying we can do anything about it but I certainly don't deny we are definitely warming.  The evidence is overwhelming.

Not denying just saying that there’s a lot more to it than just saying it’s climate change!you can do all the green rules and regulations you want and if you don’t learn to conserve water in areas there is no water your going to run out!!

Follow the money on these green deals and you’ll figure it out.I’m all for protecting the environment but some take it to far and for what?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Drama drama drama.. it’s fucking summer time.. oh.. it will probably be hot next month too.. shocker.

Fucking liberal left sucks balls.. ruining this  country. Be happy Biden voters

8 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I guess you didn’t get the memo from the site intellectual.🤣🤣

Pouts boy is coming out today to claim a climate crisis..:lol: Anything to distract from the real issues the left has caused.

November can’t come quick enough. The right has many investigations lined up. Can’t wait.

I will continue to burn leaded gas, burn my used oil and debis. TFB if you don’t like it.

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pouts boy is coming out today to claim a climate crisis..:lol: Anything to distract from the real issues the left has caused.

November can’t come quick enough. The right has many investigations lined up. Can’t wait.

I will continue to burn leaded gas, burn my used oil and debis. TFB if you don’t like it.

Do you makes s’mores over used oil and shingle fires?🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 3

On 7/19/2022 at 10:25 AM, irv said:

:news:

Utah's Great Salt Lake has lost half its water, thanks to thirsty humans

New study suggests consumption—not climate change—is to blame for falling water levels.

https://www.science.org/content/article/utah-s-great-salt-lake-has-lost-half-its-water-thanks-thirsty-humans

I've been loosely following the reservoir situation in Nevada and California, and someone recently stated that not only do they have a multi-year drought, but they have much higher consumption of water due to....  needing water to cool all of CA's solar farms.  Unbelievable.  The more I learn about "green" energy, the more I'm convinced that it's doing more harm than good.

I guess, when the globalists say, "burn it all down", they really mean it.

Edit:  As usual, I'm late to the party - the use of water for solar farms has been a concern for a long time...

https://archive.nytimes.com/green.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/water-use-by-solar-projects-intensifies/

Edited by p51mstg
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I've been loosely following the reservoir situation in Nevada and California, and someone recently stated that not only do they have a multi-year drought, but they have much higher consumption of water due to....  needing water to cool all of CA's solar farms.  Unbelievable.  The more I learn about "green" energy, the more I'm convinced that it's doing more harm than good.

Edit:  As usual, I'm late to the party - the use of water for solar farms has been a concern for a long time...

https://archive.nytimes.com/green.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/water-use-by-solar-projects-intensifies/

I didn't know that either. I wonder why all these tidbits of information regarding the green energy movement are never talked about? :news:

49 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Man, this green energy movement is really starting to show it's true colors.  Not only can they take up thousands of acres, but they also use millions of gallons of water.  Who here still thinks that solar is better than nuclear?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Man, this green energy movement is really starting to show it's true colors.  Not only can they take up thousands of acres, but they also use millions of gallons of water.  Who here still thinks that solar is better than nuclear?

I can name a few. :news:

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

You do understand that nuclear, coal, and natural gas power generators all use water? 

21 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Large solar farms use slightly less water than nuclear or coal plants per mwh. Difference being there’s no radioactive waste or pollution 

You do understand there is no radioactivity or pollution from cooling water and that cooling water gets recirculated in a closed looped system or back to lakes and oceans, don't you? 

• Like 1

Just now, irv said:

You do understand there is no radioactivity or pollution from cooling water and that cooling water gets recirculated in a closed looped system or back to lakes and oceans, don't you? 

Wow!!! I never knew THAT!!! 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Wow!!! I never knew THAT!!! 

There is a lot you don't know despite thinking you do. :news:

So when it was lower in 1963 was it climate change then or global warming?   What should be considered "normal?"   What made it decline for forty years after 1870?

JIOGTCFAW5GC5FCA443WOFFQPU.gif

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

100 years is a blip when it comes to anything regarding the earth or climate.  We really have no idea what "normal" is but often choose it to push an agenda.   Mankind has thrived because of the use of fossil fuels and should continue to use them.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2022 at 6:43 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Do you makes s’mores over used oil and shingle fires?🤣

I find a good plastic fire with some big chunks of Styrofoam thrown in to be the best for making s'mores. If you want that extra kick a few gallons of diesel works quite good if you want a thick black coating. 

18 hours ago, Highmark said:

So when it was lower in 1963 was it climate change then or global warming?   What should be considered "normal?"   What made it decline for forty years after 1870?

JIOGTCFAW5GC5FCA443WOFFQPU.gif

Almost like it’s cyclical. 🤔

• Like 1