Check your account email address ×

Tesla model x surpasses 200,000 miles with ease.

• Platinum Contributing Member

My 2011 escape limited has 268k, never even a check engine light, been a solid vehicle, hoping to hit 300k before the first of the year..

Sorry I didn't mean to screw up your personal justification thread ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My 2011 escape limited has 268k, never even a check engine light, been a solid vehicle, hoping to hit 300k before the first of the year..

Same bought my cheapo gas saver commuter for 10,800 brand new 10yrs ago. 250k miles later minimal maintenance stuff never touched a single thing on engine or driveline but hey let’s all run out and buy some 125k dollar electric car though cause it made it 200k 😆. Make me a ev that isn’t goofy looking, cost under 20k, gets a real 400mile range and then I’ll get excited.

• Like 2

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

Same bought my cheapo gas saver commuter for 10,800 brand new 10yrs ago. 250k miles later minimal maintenance stuff never touched a single thing on engine or driveline but hey let’s all run out and buy some 125k dollar electric car though cause it made it 200k 😆. Make me a ev that isn’t goofy looking, cost under 20k, gets a real 400mile range and then I’ll get excited.

Yup, mines a company vehicle, they bought it for $5,500 at auction with 83k on the ticker.. it's been a solid vehicle, I'd jump in it tomorrow and drive it across the country without a care in the world and beat a Tesla there every single time.....

Something that just popped into my mind, I have a company gas card to use so I can do my job..They got company electric cards yet??

36 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

These posts are getting rather desperate.  Cries he needs attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

My son just ordered a Tesla model Y on Friday after hearing how much my brother likes his.

Gonna be a long wait. My neighbor has one on order for a few months now. I thinks it’s a Y it might be a X though I can’t remember what he said.

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Jackals have arrived. 

It's a car and mileage thread, everyone's post is about cars and mileage, Well everyones is but yours Sport..

• Haha 2

Man these poor people got fucked over.. EV didn't even make it 60k miles and is scrap..

Florida family drives into electric car problem: a replacement battery costs more than vehicle itself

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/florida-family-electric-car-problem-replacement-battery-costs-more-vehicle

• Sad 2

I bought a 2015 disposable Kia Forte EX for cheap to commute with and put I set of plugs, a set of tires plus the snows and I set of brakes. It was a 5spd and averaged 5.3/litres/100 kms and got rid of it with 335K ( just over 200K miles). Oil changes became rare and would add a litre when the lifters clattered going around a corner lol. It owed me nothing and the guy that bought it drove it away happy lol. 

My dad gave me a 89 Toyota truck in 2002. I drove it till 2010…

Gave it back to him, he sold it, guy ran it another 5 years or so.

Almost 400k when I was done.

Water pump/ timing belt,  brakes, mufflers(many), plugs(250k), alternator brushes, not one bearing or front end part. Original clutch.

Free is good 👍

The day I gave it back.

IMG_0853_zps0cdb77a8 (1).jpg

Edited by awful knawful
  • Like 3

10% here, 20-30% weather related, 60% towing. Whew, conditions, age and other factors sure seem limiting for our new tech here.

:Not ready for prime time:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Man these poor people got fucked over.. EV didn't even make it 60k miles and is scrap..

Florida family drives into electric car problem: a replacement battery costs more than vehicle itself

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/florida-family-electric-car-problem-replacement-battery-costs-more-vehicle

There will be a lot more of this sort of thing coming soon. People who don't even know how to change a tire are the ones who are buying these things, (for the most part) 

1 minute ago, irv said:

There will be a lot more of this sort of thing coming soon. People who don't even know how to change a tire are the ones who are buying these things, (for the most part) 

ICE vehicles are never lemons.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

Didn't say that, but the way they are promoting these EV's, they make it sound like one can simply drive off into the sunset with them forever. People will learn the hard way, just like what we are currently seeing with the other green energy nonsense. It's coming.

1 minute ago, irv said:

Didn't say that, but the way they are promoting these EV's, they make it sound like one can simply drive off into the sunset with them forever. People will learn the hard way, just like what we are currently seeing with the other green energy nonsense. It's coming.

It's like that when anything is promoted though.

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

No there definitely are, but the good thing if you have a motor issue there are plenty available. Under a grand with shipping is a lot better than 14k and most people with some mechanical abilities can do a swap themselves with some basic tools..I'm not sure I would be wanting to tackle replacing a power cell, but that motor I would..

Screenshot_20220718-094013.png

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

To be fair it’s a Ford Focus.  Kid had a 2014 Focus with a gas engine.  Thing spent more time at the dealer then it did on the road a few years in cause of constant transmission issues.

electric Ford Focus being designed as a piece of shit ICE car are just as bad when cobbled together as an EV.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

To be fair it’s a Ford Focus.  Kid had a 2014 Focus with a gas engine.  Thing spent more time at the dealer then it did on the road a few years in cause of constant transmission issues.

electric Ford Focus being designed as a piece of shit ICE car are just as bad when cobbled together as an EV.

To be fair it is a young kid who wanted to go green, so he bought what he could or his parents could afford.. Should he or they have gone out and taken a loan out for a 60k car for him to go work at the local super market? That a sound financial decision? This is my whole hang up with EV's, they are unaffordable for young drivers and unaffordable for low middle class folks..An EV would be perfect for my daughter, would totally get her one if it was right for what we need and affordable, it's just not the case..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

It’s called non brand bias….  

Congrats on your progression from all things Ford to all things Electric  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It's like that when anything is promoted though.

I say B.S. The EV's are being touted as being greater than sliced bread by a bunch of used car salesmen. People, including myself, have posted the downside of them, but you'll never see or hear those on the liberal funded MSM sites.