Check your account email address ×

Wheeeeeee

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It does, but I'll just stick to the jetskis. 

Got rid of mine.  Fun but little jet boat or my Brig is much more useful for me. 

Edited by Highmark

Kinda looks top heavy/tippy and I'm not sure I'd want a cage around me when it does. Cool concept and no doubt would be fun but I'd like to see it some serious/decent waves. 

Edited by irv

That center of gravity scares 😨 me...

Think I'd prefer to sit in the water in our old Tahiti jet drive, with that big block screaming, spraying water everywhere....

Or, the Checkmate  making the Tahiti look like a 🐢 poking along. . .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ICG said:

That center of gravity scares 😨 me...

Think I'd prefer to sit in the water in our old Tahiti jet drive, with that big block screaming, spraying water everywhere....

Or, the Checkmate  making the Tahiti look like a 🐢 poking along. . .

Same.

Jet%20boat%20@%20Trailer%20Sept%202%202012%20023.jpg

Jet%20boat%202012%20004.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, irv said:

Kinda looks top heavy/tippy and I'm not sure I'd want a cage around me when it does. Cool concept and no doubt would be fun but I'd like to see it some serious/decent waves. 

It is just 2 jet skis mounted to the suspension of a sxs .

Lots of heavy glass and power equipment at the watter line. 

Only clean sxs ride you will ever take lol

I bet that fucker turns on a dime it had twin nosel controls and by the looks of it twin throttle controls to boot .

All that said I would rather have a thick alloy 10 ft jet boat 

how long will that engine last banging off the limiter? boat engines are "special" , border line race engine. not much runs and holds at peak rpm for long pulls like that. my buddy put a car engine in his boat, blew it up. cars don't sit a 4500 rpm for an extended period of time

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

how long will that engine last banging off the limiter? boat engines are "special" , border line race engine. not much runs and holds at peak rpm for long pulls like that. my buddy put a car engine in his boat, blew it up. cars don't sit a 4500 rpm for an extended period of time

Geez, I've had 2 boats with car engines it them, never had any issues as the V-drive transmission is geared to do that and the propeller pitch can control RPM's same as an outboard motor.Nylox Boat2_0001_NEW1024_1.bmp

Here's 1 boat I removed a 115HP outboard and installed a V-8 Chevy.

Edited by XCR1250

16 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Geez, I've had 2 boats with car engines it them, never had any issues as the V-drive transmission is geared to do that and the propeller pitch can control RPM's same as an outboard motor.Nylox Boat2_0001_NEW1024_1.bmp

Here's 1 boat I removed a 115HP outboard and installed a V-8 Chevy.

wellcraft scarab with a 454, bravo drive. he bought a chevelle with a built motor. chevelle never meant to run max rpm all day. engine didn't last long like that

13 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

wellcraft scarab with a 454, bravo drive. he bought a chevelle with a built motor. chevelle never meant to run max rpm all day. engine didn't last long like that

I sold my Nitrous V-Drive Sanger Hydro 3 years ago, 454 that I built for it, engine is still running strong since the 1970's. These boats do NOT run max rpm's due to V-Drive gearing and Props.

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I sold my Nitrous V-Drive Sanger Hydro 3 years ago, 454 that I built for it, engine is still running strong since the 1970's. These boats do NOT run max rpm's due to V-Drive gearing and Props.

that would make all the difference.