Check your account email address ×

Mt Pulaski Wind Farm

• Platinum Contributing Member

I know of 2 local large farm operations and one pre-cast concrete company that installed good sized windmills.   Not one of them ran for very long and all have been taken down.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's green for you.

Nuclear and coal fire plants never fail.

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

The EU, under the pressure of no fucking energy, just decreed nuclear and natural gas... green.

Just now, Snake said:

The EU, under the pressure of no fucking energy, just decreed nuclear and natural gas... green.

That's excellent news. Maybe there's hope after all.

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

I can see all global warming alarmists now doing 180's and saying, yeah, we've been saying that all along too. Whatever their gov't and their funded media tells them, they are all onboard. 

EU Lawmakers Remove Last Hurdle to Label Gas, Nuclear as Green.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-06/eu-lawmakers-remove-last-hurdle-for-gas-nuclear-as-green#xj4y7vzkg

Edited by irv

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Coal is the future.

Are you fucking this ignorant?  Do you want solar and wind farms taking up land that can be used to grow food?  Especially when you liberals keep throwing out these predictions of famine and starvation?

It's more ROI when you can use an ENERGY DENSE resource such as Coal vs wind and solar.  And Nuclear is the best option, but you liberals have been killing that for years as well.

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Are you fucking this ignorant?  Do you want solar and wind farms taking up land that can be used to grow food?  Especially when you liberals keep throwing out these predictions of famine and starvation?

It's more ROI when you can use an ENERGY DENSE resource such as Coal vs wind and solar.  And Nuclear is the best option, but you liberals have been killing that for years as well.

You can farm around windmills.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

I advocate for all energy sources, however Nuclear + Coal plants burn, melt, and can explode....

Nothing is immune from failure...

Wind, Solar, Nuclear, Water Power, Gas, Oil. Coal, all have their costs and short falls...

Till we welcome cold + dark world, we have to create power.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You sure can, but why?   Takes longer and still wastes fuel to do it.

What?

3 minutes ago, hayward said:

inefficiently, yes, you can.

Farmers are compensated to have wind turbines on their land but I'd sure like to hear from them now that some have been in place for a while. I can't see they property values going up either but rather decreasing? 

The agriculture land loss alone would be huge, depending on how many windmills, of course, but I couldn't imagine trying to plow around them nor remove the crops. What about aerial spraying? That would be practically impossible too I would assume? 

19 minutes ago, irv said:

Farmers are compensated to have wind turbines on their land but I'd sure like to hear from them now that some have been in place for a while. I can't see they property values going up either but rather decreasing? 

The agriculture land loss alone would be huge, depending on how many windmills, of course, but I couldn't imagine trying to plow around them nor remove the crops. What about aerial spraying? That would be practically impossible too I would assume? 

Not sure but if memory serves me half-ass correct, 15 yearsish-so ago the first ones put in near Tug hill I think were either $2500/year or $5000?  Can't remember but where we stayed that old timer had 2 on his land.  His were placed pretty well as far as being out of the way with both the windmill and access roads.  However in that area, there were many in which they put the fucker dead smack in the middle of a 25 acre or so field and a permanent access road right out across the field getting to it.  That'd drive me crazy, BUT, the yearly lease was attractive to them because that school tax bill comes twice a year, so you really can't blame em.  

These solar fields though, sounds to me like to just flat out takes the whole parcel of land completely out of production forever. 

As a steward of the land, I find that very saddening and depressing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

What?

1 hour ago, hayward said:

innefficiently, yes, you can.

1 hour ago, irv said:

I didn't think I needed to explain this, but thank you hayward and irv.  Anyone that has worked a farm I figured would understand this.

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

How many failed wind turbines equal one Fukushima disaster? Friend wants to know. 

Earthquakes and Tsunamis are more in line with hurricanes and tornadoes.  Natural disasters vs man made.

The “wind turbine graveyard” in Casper, Wyoming, is home to more than 1,100 wind turbine blades that have been disposed of and buried in a local landfill since 2019.

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Wing turbine graveyard. :lol: 

new gop buzz phtlrase. 

Holy shit is this something you didnt know? How can that be you pretend to know everything about everything 

Looks like you gots some lernin to do there little sunshine.

• Like 1