Check your account email address ×

Mt Pulaski Wind Farm

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I've never read such a bunch of retarded garbage in my entire life. Complaining about few blades of buried harmless composite material. Meanwhile a small amount of the radioactive waste from a nuclear reactor is enough to poison every human being on earth for over 100,000 years. There's thousands of those barrels stored in sites all over the United States,. SMH....

Grown men doing gymnastics to convince themselves that wind turbines are bad. lol

I never said they were bad, in fact I've liked the idea from the start.   I just don't like where they're sometimes placed.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, irv said:

I understand where you're coming from but it is the whole false global warming/climate crisis that is being rammed down our throats, especially our children/youth that bothers me the most. I am not against other forms of energy but when the alarmists/elites/gov't lie right to our faces under the guise of a fake narrative just so they can pad their pockets and fund them telling us lie after lie, it makes me angry. 

The whole "green" movement, imo, is a scam. Millionaires/billionaires becoming richer while some people, or those who believe the lies, are running scared filled with anxiety and depression because they have no idea they are being lied to and brainwashed. It has also, if it wasn't from the beginning, become a political tool that creates division. If you don't believe in it, you're labeled a racist and any other name they can come up with to shame you. The left uses it against the right telling people/the electorate they don't care about your children, their future nor the planet. It goes on and on. I'm all for not polluting, I recycle and don't waste shit but when you see that this green energy scheme is actually worse than what we currently have, you realize even more how big of a scam it actually is. Have you watched "The Planet of the Humans" yet? If not, check it out and I'm sure you'll be as equally disgusted as I was what this green movement is all about.

https://psychiatry.org/patients-families/climate-change-and-mental-health-connections

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29637319/

https://theconversation.com/climate-change-is-harming-childrens-mental-health-and-this-is-just-the-start-168070

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02582-8

I will take a hard pass on the Micheal Moore propaganda.

Do Wind Turbines Negatively Affect the Productivity of Adjacent Farms?

Thankfully, no. A study by Tengjiao Chen at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaignexamines how wind farms may affect agricultural production via microclimate effects. Chen finds that the development of wind energy has a significant positive effect on nearby crop yields—revealing that a 50 MW increase in installed wind capacity will increase soybean and corn yields by 1.3% and 2.4%, respectively. Changes to the microclimate were the primary driver for increased crop yields, with results indicating that sizable wind farms decreased the number of growing season extreme degree days (defined as days above 30°C during the growing season) by 2.2%-2.6%.

https://guidehouseinsights.com/news-and-views/the-mutual-benefits-of-wind-energy-and-agriculture

Abstracts_19_05_14_11_20_13_16__73_168_37_40_0.pdf

Edited by Plissken

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Michael Moore is a fat stupid twat but he has been right on several things about as many times as he has been wrong. 

gotta keep an open mind ......"little one"

28 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Michael Moore is a fat stupid twat but he has been right on several things about as many times as he has been wrong. 

gotta keep an open mind ......"little one"

Little Angry Bird..:lol:

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Little Angry Bird..:lol:

Not angry ....just laughing at your nonsense . Some Boomers think they are bigger because they are older. Im not a small Guy by any means but keep going :pc:

1 hour ago, hayward said:

I never said they were bad, in fact I've liked the idea from the start.   I just don't like where they're sometimes placed.

That's legitimate. Unfortunately placement is crucial for maximum power production. 

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, racer254 said:

Are you fucking this ignorant?  Do you want solar and wind farms taking up land that can be used to grow food?  Especially when you liberals keep throwing out these predictions of famine and starvation?

It's more ROI when you can use an ENERGY DENSE resource such as Coal vs wind and solar.  And Nuclear is the best option, but you liberals have been killing that for years as well.

Most wind and solar are on private property.  Are you against private property owners rights wether is growing windmills or wheat?

• Like 1

• Gold Member
57 minutes ago, ACE said:

If you think wind and solar are better than nuclear or hydroelectric then you are one anti science brain dead fuck 

Wind and solar produce more powah then either for those that you list.

https://electrek.co/2022/07/07/wind-and-solar-produce-more-electricity-than-nuclear-for-the-first-time-in-the-us/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Plissken said:

I hope Irv never tours Holland, but if he does I at least hope someone’s there to record his reaction :lol: Guy spent career around nuclear energy and is probably more radioactive than Imagine Dragons at this point.  

You realize, I hope, Hollands windmills are actually water pumps and are also used for grinding grain, don't you? 

2 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

He was once like you until he had his eyes opened. Thankfully he, unlike you, was willing to listen to the other side, and once he did, he decided to produce the film.

In his green/global warming alarmism days, he was thought of as a god. When the film came out, like usual, he was kicked to the curb and called all sorts of names. 

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I've never read such a bunch of retarded garbage in my entire life. Complaining about few blades of buried harmless composite material. Meanwhile a small amount of the radioactive waste from a nuclear reactor is enough to poison every human being on earth for over 100,000 years. There's thousands of those barrels stored in sites all over the United States,. SMH....

Grown men doing gymnastics to convince themselves that wind turbines are bad. lol

:lol:Your ignorance never fails to impress. You take it to a new level every day. 

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Are you really that stupid or is it just an act? :dunno: Lets build a gazillion solar and wind farms covering thousands of acres of wildlife habitat while Nuke plants are being shuttered so we can tell all the sheep how great solar and wind are. :crazy:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, irv said:

Are you really that stupid or is it just an act? :dunno: Lets build a gazillion solar and wind farms covering thousands of acres of wildlife habitat while Nuke plants are being shuttered so we can tell all the sheep how great solar and wind are. :crazy:

Wind and solar are built on private property.  5% of all wind is built on public lands.  The other 95% built on private property.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Wind and solar are built on private property.  5% of all wind is built on public lands.  The other 95% built on private property.

Thanks for answering. I wasn't aware 95% of wildlife habitat only resided on public and knew better to stay off private land. 

29 minutes ago, irv said:

You realize, I hope, Hollands windmills are actually water pumps and are also used for grinding grain, don't you? 

He was once like you until he had his eyes opened. Thankfully he, unlike you, was willing to listen to the other side, and once he did, he decided to produce the film.

In his green/global warming alarmism days, he was thought of as a god. When the film came out, like usual, he was kicked to the curb and called all sorts of names. 

:lol:Your ignorance never fails to impress. You take it to a new level every day. 

One cubic foot of plutonium weighs 1240 pounds or 562,454,080 milligrams. It takes 80 milligrams of plutonium to kill a person. Less to cause cancers. There's 54 metric tons of plutonium stored by the US. And you're making a big fucking deal over a few composite propellor blades. :lol: 

Those propellors should be on top of your head. 

3 hours ago, Plissken said:
Do Wind Turbines Negatively Affect the Productivity of Adjacent Farms?

Thankfully, no. A study by Tengjiao Chen at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaignexamines how wind farms may affect agricultural production via microclimate effects. Chen finds that the development of wind energy has a significant positive effect on nearby crop yields—revealing that a 50 MW increase in installed wind capacity will increase soybean and corn yields by 1.3% and 2.4%, respectively. Changes to the microclimate were the primary driver for increased crop yields, with results indicating that sizable wind farms decreased the number of growing season extreme degree days (defined as days above 30°C during the growing season) by 2.2%-2.6%.

https://guidehouseinsights.com/news-and-views/the-mutual-benefits-of-wind-energy-and-agriculture

Abstracts_19_05_14_11_20_13_16__73_168_37_40_0.pdf 1.65 MB · 2 downloads

:lol:You idiots will believe anything. 

new study.jpeg

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

One cubic foot of plutonium weighs 1240 pounds or 562,454,080 milligrams. It takes 80 milligrams of plutonium to kill a person. Less to cause cancers. There's 54 metric tons of plutonium stored by the US. And you're making a big fucking deal over a few composite propellor blades. :lol: 

Those propellors should be on top of your head. 

Yeah, and it's also easily accessible too. :lol:

Plutonium and the other radioactive wastes destined for permanent disposal at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP), are scientifically well understood and easily managed.

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, irv said:

Thanks for answering. I wasn't aware 95% of wildlife habitat only resided on public and knew better to stay off private land. 

I’m more for private property owner rights and desire rather then the liberal approach of regulations on private property owners.   If a farmer wants to grow windmills, solar farm, subdivisions or wheat im good with the private owners desires for their property

Edited by BOHICA

45 minutes ago, irv said:

Yeah, and it's also easily accessible too. :lol:

Plutonium and the other radioactive wastes destined for permanent disposal at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP), are scientifically well understood and easily managed.

Easily managed. :lol: How much did it cost to bury those propellors? 

In April 2013, DOE announced that it was conducting an "assessment" of plutonium disposition options due to massive cost increases and scheduling delays associated with the construction of a facility at SRS to make MOX from surplus plutonium.  According to DOE budget figures, the cost of the MOX plant, designed by AREVA, has jumped from $1.8 billion in 2004 to $4.8 billion in 2008 to the current estimate of $7.7 billion and estimated annual operating costs of the MOX plant have soared to an estimated $543 million/year.  

Here’s a recent article!some just don’t take their head out of the sand!!

money we sent to Ukraine would of have  given this a boost!!!

The technology necessary to turn nuclear waste into energy is known as a nuclear fast reactor, and has existed for decades. It was proven out by a United States government research lab pilot plant that operated from the 1960s through the 1990s.

For political and economic reasons, the technology has never been developed at commercial scale. Today, there’s an increased urgency to address climate change by decarbonizing out energy grids, and nuclear power has become part of the clean energy zeitgeist. As a result, nuclear fast reactors are once again getting a serious look.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, irv said:

Nah....I always thought of him as an asshole, then and now. There will be no changing my opinion of him. The guys a douchebag with a pumpkin head.

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Most wind and solar are on private property.  Are you against private property owners rights wether is growing windmills or wheat?

Has nothing to do with private owner rights.  This is about how dirty and impractical "green" energy sources are.  Basically it is all a scam. 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Has nothing to do with private owner rights.  This is about how dirty and impractical "green" energy sources are.  Basically it is all a scam. 

Farming is pretty dirty too.  But why stop private property owners using their property as they see fit

Edited by BOHICA

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Farming is pretty dirty to.  But why stop private property owners using their property as they see fit

No one is stopping anyone.  Green energy is a scam and has nothing to do with property owners and their rights.

Do you realize that a property owner cannot build a dam on his/her property to create electricity, without going through a shit ton of regulations, right? 

Edited by racer254

Just now, racer254 said:

No one is stopping anyone.  Green energy is a scam and has nothing to do with property owners and their rights.

I don't think the energy part is the scam. Nothing wrong with clean energy.  It's the money being made off of it and forcing it on us with the doom and gloom that's bullshit.

• Like 2