Check your account email address ×

Ford CEO Farley says electric vehicles will be sold 100% online, have nonnegotiable price

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Just as well could ax the dealer sales floor. 

Last two we bought have been "the price is the price and if you don't like it, the next asshole will buy it." kind of attitude.  

And we will all be better off because of it.

Dealers will still make money on parts and service.

41 minutes ago, HSR said:

I’ll run my 2013 f150 into the ground and then fuck Ford :thumbsup:

I am currently driving a 2004 aviator and a 2014 focus and they will be my last vehicles. Fuck buying cars and trucks. I’ll be floating around in a boat full time before I buy another vehicle 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SSFB said:

What do cars salesmen do for society anyways?

If they’re born into money they run for the GOP ticket. 

No No No , they are businessman taking on the deep state!!! Doesnt matter if their father bought them deferments and a college degree from Wharton. THEY ARE HEROES !!!

Edited by f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’d be fine buying car online and it be even better if they deliver it right to your door like carvanna. Nothing worse than wasting 5hrs in a fucking dealer to buy a car.

Walk in , tell em what you are willing to pay . Tell em take it or leave it but either way Im outta here in 15 minutes. They start moving quite fast.

13 hours ago, spin_dry said:

this is going to totally upend the business model of dealers.  Combine that with EV's not needing the maint,  not stacking inventory and all these big lot dealers with 50 service bays are going to be in trouble in 10-20 years.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Walk in , tell em what you are willing to pay . Tell em take it or leave it but either way Im outta here in 15 minutes. They start moving quite fast.

i am the easiest to deal with as I am looking for a fair deal notplaying the nickle and diming game but i want to be out in 30 minutes.  they were a bit slow when i bought the F150 but it was the kids forst deal so i let it slide.  Almost 2 decades of being able to just call my dealer tell him he needed to get the car from Detroit and then picking it up in 15 minutes spoiled me.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

this is going to totally upend the business model of dealers.  Combine that with EV's not needing the maint,  not stacking inventory and all these big lot dealers with 50 service bays are going to be in trouble in 10-20 years.  

EV’s will definitely transition the transportation industry. Auto dealers remain relics of the horse trading days. In many cases the same treatment of customers and sleazy game playing persist. I can’t stand dealing with those rotten, lying fucks. 

• Gold Member
53 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

EV’s will definitely transition the transportation industry. Auto dealers remain relics of the horse trading days. In many cases the same treatment of customers and sleazy game playing persist. I can’t stand dealing with those rotten, lying fucks. 

14k miles on my Tesla.  Had a nail in tire so far but that’s it.  Work flawlessly and no trips to dealer and waiting on oil changes.

it was by far the best buying experience I have had in autos.  Seamless transaction.  Spent like five minutes at the tesla store before driving away.  Transferred the car to me with just a couple clicks on the app.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

I just bought a new car for my son who is going away to college in the fall. It may have been the smoothest transaction I have had buying a vehicle from a dealerhship. They didnt even try to upsell me any of the extra shit. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I just bought a new car for my son who is going away to college in the fall. It may have been the smoothest transaction I have had buying a vehicle from a dealerhship. They didnt even try to upsell me any of the extra shit. 

Yea but what kind of car? 

I like the no-haggle approach..... but I haven't bought a new car since my 1987 Mustang GT.

I always buy used -let the original buyer take the hit.

Although I did get my used CTS-V from a dealer and traded in my M5, had to do some negotiating there. But it went pretty smoothly

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

43 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

So these EV’s will never need repair ? no wheel bearings brakes suspension components ect ect.  ???

There’s less systems to go wrong with an EV. Less routine maintenance as well  That’s a simple fact. 

What percentage of vehicles are purchased without trade in?  Someone has to give you a value of the trade in.  More difficult to do on the line. (extra credit for the movie reference.)      

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What percentage of vehicles are purchased without trade in?  Someone has to give you a value of the trade in.  More difficult to do online.    

Tesla accepts trades at market value and then off loads the vehicles to auction. Used car dealers will still survive. Mercedes is going 100% factory to consumer in Europe. It’s definitely a trial before coming to the states