Check your account email address ×

Internet killed the video stars

• Platinum Contributing Member

A lot of no talent people going solo with Auto-Tune. Today we have shitty music, shitty movies, shitty TV shows etc. Jesus, now I feel/sound like the grumpy old man  :lol: 

One decent band that came out lately is from Frankenmuth of all places

• Thanks 1

Was noticing this when we were putting our summer concert schedule together.  There are no new bands on schedule.  All 80’s and 90’s bands. Crazy, that something that was such a huge part of every aspect of our lives just quietly disappeared. 

lots of older bands still making music, just not getting "air" time. i am an old metalhead, and most of them are still making music. still good as they age, some even better. there is just very little air space for such music. 

• Gold Member

I've heard that auto tune shit the kids listen to these days and it makes me want to rip my ears off. God awful noise is painful to listen to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Music from my age group was always about the young and in love, it was based on Romance, intimacy and even marriage and having kids, what ever happened?

Easy ...  we crap talk the cops, shoot people, talk violence ,  cry its unfair, blame someone else . . .

Disco + easy loving  were easier on the ears

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Music from my age group was always about the young and in love, it was based on Romance, intimacy and even marriage and having kids, what ever happened?

How old are you....my music was about partying and banging chicks. (Pretty much sums up all rock music)

Van Halen

Aerosmith 

AC/DC 

ZZ top

Led Zeppelin 

I could make this list 100's long

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

fucking rap killed everything good in music. its a god damn scourge. 

Oh bullshit. Rap was fine right along side rock & country music. 

22 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

What kind of music did you listen to Mary Poppins? :wtf:

21 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Oh bullshit. Rap was fine right along side rock & country music. 

What kind of music did you listen to Mary Poppins? :wtf:

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

How old are you....my music was about partying and banging chicks. (Pretty much sums up all rock music)

Van Halen

Aerosmith 

AC/DC 

ZZ top

Led Zeppelin 

I could make this list 100's long

I was born July 30th. 1947, the music I grew up with and liked was from the late 1950's to the late 1960's, Elvis, The Platters, Beach Boys, Sam Cook, Brenda Lee, Four Seasons, The Shirells, Dion, Jan & Dean, The Ventures, Dell Shannon, Donavan, Jerry Butler, Gene Pitney, Major Lance, & dozens more.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I was born July 30th. 1947, the music I grew up with and liked was from the late 1950's to the late 1960's, Elvis, The Platters, Beach Boys, Sam Cook, Brenda Lee, Four Seasons, The Shirells, Dion, Jan & Dean, The Ventures, Dell Shannon, Donavan, Jerry Butler, Gene Pitney, Major Lance, & dozens more.

Mostly sissy music in that list :flush:

You forgot to add Peter Paul and Mary ... :lol:

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Mostly sissy music in that list :flush:

You forgot to add Peter Paul and Mary ... :lol:

No I didn't forget to include them, the list could have continued into 100's, I listed only a handful.

36 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Gene Pitney grew up here in Rockville, where my office is.  Friends dad sang with him in a high school singing quartet a million years ago.  My wife and her family have always been big fans of his, and she grew up hours from here.

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Gene Pitney grew up here in Rockville, where my office is.  Friends dad sang with him in a high school singing quartet a million years ago.  My wife and her family have always been big fans of his, and she grew up hours from here.

He was one of the great ones RIP Gene. "only Love can break your heart, only love can mend it again"

Edited by XCR1250

My parents were way on the conservative side.  Elvis was really listening to some hard stuff.   
I still remember getting the Def Leppard -pyromania .  Never being exposed to anything like that, I was blown away.  I was buying albums like crazy.  Had the buttons on My jean jacket, posters on the wall. 

44 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

As a young kid I listened to a lot of Motown. Dad always had it on in the car. Mom was the big Beach Boys fan 

Women or sissy guy types liked beach boys. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Talks nothing but shit about Black People…likes NWA…awesome.🤣🤣

Negroes have had some good performers over the years. Tina Turner had some good stuff. Whitney was maybe the best female voice ever in her prime.

21 minutes ago, Cold War said:

My parents were way on the conservative side.  Elvis was really listening to some hard stuff.   
I still remember getting the Def Leppard -pyromania .  Never being exposed to anything like that, I was blown away.  I was buying albums like crazy.  Had the buttons on My jean jacket, posters on the wall. 

Old man liked Elvis, buddy holly, CCR

Def leopard was incredible when that came out. 

• Like 1