Check your account email address ×

VR1 Boost vs. Sidewinder

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

Tippy? My 22 Matrix XCR is fucking stable as fuck, especially compared to my 2010 XRS. I love the front end in this machine. And I'm not even saying it's the best out there, all I'm saying is calling it tippy is absurd.

You realize that you are responding to a liar and a troll…don’t waste your breath. 😉

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Tippy? My 22 Matrix XCR is fucking stable as fuck, especially compared to my 2010 XRS. I love the front end in this machine. And I'm not even saying it's the best out there, all I'm saying is calling it tippy is absurd.

It is,,,ACE likes to play Cpt. Contrarian thinking it's edgy. Reality is he never drove one,otherwise he would know how stupid he looks to claim it is. 

He also crashed a super slow sled soooo ,,,,not really a driver:lol:

28 minutes ago, ACE said:

Have you drove a 900r?

No but even my regular 900 turbo would run down an average 850.  I have no interest in having the fastest sled anymore, just something that will cruise in the big country and go through deep snow.  Expedition Extreme 900r turbo ftw.

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No but even my regular 900 turbo would run down an average 850.  I have no interest in having the fastest sled anymore, just something that will cruise in the big country and go through deep snow.  Expedition Extreme 900r turbo ftw.

Well they’re pretty similar besides the 900r makes fart noises when you let off the throttle 

22 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

A 2010 XRS was a total garbage can so…

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Oh, I don't doubt there's plenty of people out there throwing tunes at sleds but I would put a fair wager on the percentage being less than half ... in fact, I'd say well less than half.  You're forgetting there's plenty of people out there who just hop on a sled and gas n' go without caring how fast it can go.

Im just going by how many Zuk 1100s were tuned and have to think that equal amount of sidewinders are getting it. Maybe the winder brought in more of the Yamaha crowd and it’s less but finding a stock cat 1100t was about a 30% chance. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Besides being very tippy you could be right 

The Axys gives a better ride, I have owned them both and I have spent some time on a new XC 850 this winter great ride but the Doo 850 seems to have more motor. 

Edited by Badger**

From my own experience, the '17 Assault 800 and the '20 Assault 850 have more motor than the 2019 and 2020 Doo 850s. Did Doo up its game with the '21 and '22 models?

<edit>

The '19 Doo 850 was a belt blower, but the motor had over 10,000 trouble-free miles when the owner traded it toward a '22 850.

Edited by CaddisFly
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, f7ben said:

Im just going by how many Zuk 1100s were tuned and have to think that equal amount of sidewinders are getting it. Maybe the winder brought in more of the Yamaha crowd and it’s less but finding a stock cat 1100t was about a 30% chance. 

Hard to find a truly stock winder. Even a good muffler adds a lot of HP. 

if this VR1 boost proves to be reliable it could be a big fat win 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Hard to find a truly stock winder. Even a good muffler adds a lot of HP. 

if this VR1 boost proves to be reliable it could be a big fat win 

Call me fully skeptical ....I can’t see these manus being able to keep 2s turbos together at low elevation. Way too much variance in fuel quality and cooling quality. This is not a sxs. Sled engine temps vary 50 degrees just based on trail conditions over a 10 mile stretch 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Call me fully skeptical ....I can’t see these manus being able to keep 2s turbos together at low elevation. Way too much variance in fuel quality and cooling quality. This is not a sxs. Sled engine temps vary 50 degrees just based on trail conditions over a 10 mile stretch 

I think it’s a lot of complexity for something that they could have accomplished with a simple larger engine 

16 minutes ago, ACE said:

I think it’s a lot of complexity for something that they could have accomplished with a simple larger engine 

Agree 100% , I told drew a few months ago a 1000cc di twin would be way more fun to ride than a 200hp trail turbo. 

26 minutes ago, ACE said:

Well they are offering a 900 :thumbsup: 

16 hours ago, snoughnut said:

I rode my son's axys 800 a few times this winter and that was the first thing I said after I rode it for the first time.........it just feels so planted. 

it is a great chassis.  anyone who thinks it's ti;py is a troll or a fucktard.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Agree 100% , I told drew a few months ago a 1000cc di twin would be way more fun to ride than a 200hp trail turbo. 

Yeah it would. Throttle response would be a lot better 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Only in a mountain sled?

Yes.

If someone asked me to build my perfect trail/crossover sled this would be it and why I order one.  

2nd choice a modern tech 1000cc minimum triple 3 into one or triple piped in the Matrix chassis with around 190-200 hp.   We all know that's never happening.