Check your account email address ×

Anyone looking forward to the golf season?

Have been meaning to get back out the last 2 years, just haven't made it.  Lost all 3 of my golf partners (dad to cancer, buddy to suicide, & wife is in a wheelchair from MS) and haven't played in about 10 years.  Actually hit the range last fall and it felt good.  I used to enjoy the hell out of it though, with drinks of course!  Maybe this year.  

• Like 1

Looking forward to it?  Maybe.

Golfed more last two years then I had for a while. 

Used to golf 3-5 evenings a week, or more.  

Golfed 2-3 times a year for a while.

Now a dozen or 18 times a summer.  A group of us from management get together a couple times a month to golf a social 9.  That gets interesting after a few drinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Stick to the real world bro.

Lol, you haven't been a part of that in a long time.

That being said, I have zero interest in golfing.  No problem drinking outside in a golf cart...although a wheeler is better.  

6 hours ago, Anler said:

NO I hate golf. I only go golfing at company outings where there is lots of drinking involved

I don't think I've ever golfed without drinking :dunno:

6 hours ago, Anler said:

I have some friends that are serious golfers. Probably golf at least a couple times a week. They dont drink when they golf because thats how serious they are. LOL

I have about 3 outings per year for work (all are for charity) where most of my colleagues are also there and its a scramble. So we just mostly drive around and drink and fuck with each other. unstrap each others bags, park park each others cart in the bushes, swap balls out for the exploding ones. Totally immature shit. I love it

Best golfers I know all drink during. A couple played on Pga tour events also. 

5 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

No, but I'd like to learn it in my retirement years....already can see that I will be bored as hell.

Get a buzz before, during & after ...& gamble. Not boring then...

• Platinum Contributing Member

Without question golf is something easier to enjoy if you are decent at it.  I enjoy the competition with buddies as well as the manicured courses.