Check your account email address ×

Anyone looking forward to the golf season?

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Get a buzz before, during & after ...& gamble. Not boring then...

No i meant retirement being boring.....hate to admit it but being home with the wife just won't cut it. I probably should have left her just a few years ago for my high school sweetheart when I had the chance.:bashhead:

I will have no trouble drinking and golfing, sounds like that goes hand-in-hand

50 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

No i meant retirement being boring.....hate to admit it but being home with the wife just won't cut it. I probably should have left her just a few years ago for my high school sweetheart when I had the chance.:bashhead:

Ah gotcha. Yea I couldn't do that either. Catch some fish for dinner is another option?

I turned down some hotties over the years too. Some days ya wonder right :lol:

Gambling makes it tho also. Even just betting on beers after the round. You have to make a 4 foot putt to win or lose ... guys busting balls before & after the shots. Fun stuff...

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I married my High school sweetheart, we were 18 years old, only lasted 9 months. Still friends today though.

Edited by XCR1250

12 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Ah gotcha. Yea I couldn't do that either. Catch some fish for dinner is another option?

I turned down some hotties over the years too. Some days ya wonder right :lol:

Gambling makes it tho also. Even just betting on beers after the round. You have to make a 4 foot putt to win or lose ... guys busting balls before & after the shots. Fun stuff...

I definitely need some more hobbies...the age difference (10 years older than me)has become a big problem...knew it would eventually. But we've been together 33 years, pretty hard to break away after that time and she does have a good heart but has slowed down way too much for me. I am still very active and try to keep in shape and stay busy. 

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I married my High school sweetheart, we were 18 years old, only lasted 9 months. Still friends today though.

Yeah, I wanted her more than she wanted me during high school....she was a freshman when I was senior.

We went our own ways after high school but I was best friends with her brother....so it has been kinda easy to keep tabs on her and vice versa..... Now tables have turned since her divorce and she would like to hook up with me if I left but a divorce at this point would get very complicated.  But I do think of it often and we still have so much in common as we did in school.

8 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I definitely need some more hobbies...the age difference (10 years older than me)has become a big problem...knew it would eventually. But we've been together 33 years, pretty hard to break away after that time and she does have a good heart but has slowed down way too much for me. I am still very active and try to keep in shape and stay busy. 

Yeah, I wanted her more than she wanted me during high school....she was a freshman when I was senior.

We went our own ways after high school but I was best friends with her brother....so it has been kinda easy to keep tabs on her and vice versa..... Now tables have turned since her divorce and she would like to hook up with me if I left but a divorce at this point would get very complicated.  But I do think of it often and we still have so much in common as we did in school.

When my first Wife's Husband passed away from Lung cancer I sent her my condolences on the website Legacy she called me and asked if I was single.

I went down to see her and took along a mutual friend from years back, we went to Lunch, she wanted me to stay by her overnight, I declined as I'm married and didn't need people talking.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Married my HS sweetheart in 1994 and still going strong today. :bc:

43 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

When my first Wife's Husband passed away from Lung cancer I sent her my condolences on the website Legacy she called me and asked if I was single.

I went down to see her and took along a mutual friend from years back, we went to Lunch, she wanted me to stay by her overnight, I declined as I'm married and didn't need people talking.

That's a cool story, but let's hear what really happened. 

:news:

51 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Shit in my small town going to lunch even with a mutual friend would have fired up the rumor mill.   One of the few bad things about living in a small community.   Zero chance at just being friends with someone of the opposite sex.  Few too many conversations and everyone thinks you are sleeping together. 

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Married my HS sweetheart in 1994 and still going strong today. :bc:

I married in 1966, bought a 4 bedroom 2.5 story Lake home shortly after getting married, I got it in the Divorce, sold it in 1991 for 22.5 times more than I paid for it.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

It's true..I am faithful to my Wife, don't believe in cheating.

It's only cheating if you get caught!!!

:lol:

Just now, Highmark said:

Shit in my small town going to lunch even with a mutual friend would have fired up the rumor mill.   One of the few bad things about living in a small community.   Zero chance at just being friends with someone of the opposite sex.  Few too many conversations and everyone thinks you are sleeping together. 

I live +/-350 miles from her.

• Like 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I married in 1966, bought a 4 bedroom 2.5 story Lake home shortly after getting married, I got it in the Divorce, sold it in 1991 for 22.5 times more than I paid for it.

How many times more than what you paid for it is it worth now?  Place my brother and I bought up north jumped over 50% in the past 3 years.  :lol:  

2 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Just go do your own hobbies. Most of the time it's much more fun without a women along anyway...lol.

That is a big age diff. I hear ya tho on thinking about a new one. Hard not to get stale sometimes, with the same one after so long. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

How many times more than what you paid for it is it worth now?  Place my brother and I bought up north jumped over 50% in the past 3 years.  :lol:  

I heard about 4-5 years ago the guy sold it for about 3 times more.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Holy shit,it's like we live in the same town!!!Same rules here. You don't lose your girlfriend here,you just lose your turn.