Check your account email address ×

Should there have been more charges ?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Colebrook NH

A 19 yr old and 2w other dudes go into a bar  ( I beleive the 2 other dudes were of legal drinking age but not positive ) 

Bartender serves the 19 yr old 8 mixed drinks in 1 hr and 3 minutes.

14 minutes after leaving 19 yr is killed on the motorcycles he was riding.

Bartender was charged with serving alcohol to a minor.

Edited by steve from amherst

If it was up to me, which it never will be, the last thing anyone would do is, drink and drive. 

I would make it a felony, with mandatory jail times for subsequent offenses.

I honestly can't believe what we tolerate regarding drunk driving. It's one of the biggest threats to your family. I've almost been head-on'd a few times by drunks.

The liquor lobby must have a lot of power. Also, a lot of people want to be able to drink at clubs, etc. They won't give a shit, UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO THEIR FAMILY!!!

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Colebrook NH

A 19 yr old and 2w other dudes go into a bar  ( I beleive the 2 other dudes were of legal drinking age but not positive ) 

He'll probably get sued for over-serving. 

Remember the Russian kid that killed 7 bikers up that way a couple of years ago?

Hauling an auto transport trailer, lost control, smashed into the bikes. Fukkin drunk that should have been suspended. I think Mass. fucked-up on that one, at the registry. 

Nobody gives a fuck. 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Remember the Russian kid that killed 7 bikers up that way a couple of years ago?

Hauling an auto transport trailer, lost control, smashed into the bikes. Fukkin drunk that should have been suspended. I think Mass. fucked-up on that one, at the registry. 

Nobody gives a fuck. 

Was a major fuck up on mass's part. Dude had a DWI in either NY or ct a few months before that they never entered into their system.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Was a major fuck up on mass's part. Dude had a DWI in either NY or ct a few months before that they never entered into their system.

Yup. 

Some of them drive suspended/revoked anyway. 

Fukkin laws are worthless. 

People have to know they are gonna see long jail time if drunk driving. 

Our society places status on drinking. 

America is a fuck-hole country. 

YES, I WILL LEAVE!! MEET ME AND MY LAWYER , AND YOU CAN HAVE MY FARM. Bring your check-book.  

I'm thinkin' deep woods Ontario. 

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I wonder how long before they mandate some sort of breathalyzer to start new cars. I mean they mandate all this other junk on cars for safety back up cameras, blind spot monitors the list goes on. 

I read that was part of the infrastructure bill. 

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

this right there shows how stupid the bartender was,  basic common sense tells you to not serve that much

Every 7 1/2 minutes . I would be leggless too.

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Fuck that. I dont even drink and drive. But Im one of those people where the truck is moving within 10 seconds of my ass hitting the seat

• Like 1

in car breath test to be in by 2026. just think how many sledders get fed that much or more booze and ride away. tug hill talking about mall cops on the trail to curb drinking and speed. that right there would be a shit show

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I’m not surprised. I’m more surprised it hasn’t happened yet with all the mandated tech in new cars.

i found this in a quick search so appears it might be on its way

https://www.motortrend.com/news/anti-drunk-driving-technology-mandated-infrastructure-bill/amp/

I guess I’ll be running old cars for a long time coming. Fine by me 👍 

Edited by 800renegaderider

I remember driving by a bar in northern Sconnie about 20 years ago, where it was obvious someone had just pulled out of the bar and got smacked right there by someone going about the 55mph speed limit.  As we drove through the carnage, I said to the CFH "That bar won't be around very much longer".  6 months later the place was deserted.

Who ever the "victim" is in all that, will have a lawyer sue the shit out of the place and they will be 'done' that way.  Pretty sad either way.

41 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

this right there shows how stupid the bartender was,  basic common sense tells you to not serve that much

Really? A bar is there to make money, now I understand he was under age but if he were of legal age the bartender/owner is going to participate in capitalism and serve as many as the customer wants. It's too bad we didn't tell mortgage lenders leading up to 2008 to stop writing mortgages to people who shouldn't have gotten them in the first place, you know, basic common sense. :news:

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Colebrook NH

In Ontario, the bartender would be charged with over serving and the bar would be closed for at least 6 months just for starters.

I struggle with how much responsibility the bar has in these situations. As stated above, they are there to sell drinks and in a busy bar, how are they to keep track of all customers?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Wonder if dude passed off a fake ID?

If he did i'd say no charges against the establishment.  But if he didn't, it don't look good.  Hell they make a big deal around here sending underage into an establishment to buy cigarettes to see if they get carded.  If not they get a healthy fine and many quit selling altogether.  And that's just over a stupid pack of cigarettes.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

In Ontario, the bartender would be charged with over serving and the bar would be closed for at least 6 months just for starters.

I struggle with how much responsibility the bar has in these situations. As stated above, they are there to sell drinks and in a busy bar, how are they to keep track of all customers?

That's such BS because really, how do you define over serving? You can have 4 drinks or 12 drinks and you're still legally drunk. Bartenders don't tell patrons to drive drunk, that's a choice the patron makes and the bartender/bar should be excluded from any liability. Ontario must be a fucked up place because I don't believe Wisconsin has laws like that. It really comes down to personal responsibility but yet society always wants to put the blame elsewhere.

We were out riding on a New Years Eve with a big group and had 4 young kids with us. We stopped at the restaurant for dinner and the waitress said she couldn't serve us anymore booze as were placing our orders. We thought WTF as nobody had been drinking. We were all laughing due to some of the funny shit that happened on our ride and she took it that we were drunk. She finally realized her jumping to conclusions wasn't right and took our orders

40 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Really? A bar is there to make money, now I understand he was under age but if he were of legal age the bartender/owner is going to participate in capitalism and serve as many as the customer wants. It's too bad we didn't tell mortgage lenders leading up to 2008 to stop writing mortgages to people who shouldn't have gotten them in the first place, you know, basic common sense. :news:

show me on the doll where  lender hurt you.  people made their own choice which you are all about below but hey you keep hating 

17 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's such BS because really, how do you define over serving? You can have 4 drinks or 12 drinks and you're still legally drunk. Bartenders don't tell patrons to drive drunk, that's a choice the patron makes and the bartender/bar should be excluded from any liability. Ontario must be a fucked up place because I don't believe Wisconsin has laws like that. It really comes down to personal responsibility but yet society always wants to put the blame elsewhere.

overserving is against the law.   bars ignoring it deserve to be put out of business.  

This was a local one here and the bar fought the charges for 6 years before giving up their appeal with a settlement to take a 30 day suspension.

KITCHENER - The owners of a Kitchener bar and restaurant have dropped their appeal of a 30-day liquor licence suspension for over-serving a woman involved in a fatal car crash in 2007.

The decision means Moose Winooski's will begin the suspension Monday in keeping with an order issued by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.

In addition to abandoning its appeal, the restaurant has now admitted that it also over-served a customer who crashed his car after a birthday party there about five months earlier.

Under an agreement with the commission in relation to that incident, Moose Winooski's was ordered Friday to donate $6,000 to two anti-drunk-driving organizations.

The results came as a relief to Kelly Brook, whose son, Kevin Block, 21, was killed when a friend crashed her car into a hydro pole about a kilometre away from the restaurant in November 2007.

Block had spent the night drinking pitchers of beer with Katherine Walpole, who received a 30-month prison sentence after pleading guilty to impaired driving causing death.

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-region/2013/10/04/bar-accepts-liquor-penalty-admits-fault-in-second-crash.html

The staff at the bar tried to stop the girl from driving and offered to get her a cab but she drove anyways.

This was stated in another article.

The two shared four pitchers of beer and then drove away with Walpole in the driver’s seat, over the objections of bar staff who had offered her a cab, threatened to call police and even ran to Walpole’s car to discourage her from driving.

Edited by Blackstar

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This was a local one here and the bar fought the charges for 6 years before giving up their appeal with a settlement to take a 30 day suspension.

KITCHENER - The owners of a Kitchener bar and restaurant have dropped their appeal of a 30-day liquor licence suspension for over-serving a woman involved in a fatal car crash in 2007.

The decision means Moose Winooski's will begin the suspension Monday in keeping with an order issued by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.

In addition to abandoning its appeal, the restaurant has now admitted that it also over-served a customer who crashed his car after a birthday party there about five months earlier.

Under an agreement with the commission in relation to that incident, Moose Winooski's was ordered Friday to donate $6,000 to two anti-drunk-driving organizations.

The results came as a relief to Kelly Brook, whose son, Kevin Block, 21, was killed when a friend crashed her car into a hydro pole about a kilometre away from the restaurant in November 2007.

Block had spent the night drinking pitchers of beer with Katherine Walpole, who received a 30-month prison sentence after pleading guilty to impaired driving causing death.

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-region/2013/10/04/bar-accepts-liquor-penalty-admits-fault-in-second-crash.html

The staff at the bar tried to stop the girl from driving and offered to get her a cab but she drove anyways.

This was stated in another article.

The two shared four pitchers of beer and then drove away with Walpole in the driver’s seat, over the objections of bar staff who had offered her a cab, threatened to call police and even ran to Walpole’s car to discourage her from driving.

dumb asses should not have served 4 pitchers to 2 chicks regardless if they told her to not drive they were in the wrong.  Former coworker had the bar put him in the cab,  got the cab to drop him around the corner and then got popped for his 2nd DUI in a year on the way home.   Even in that case the bar is at fault for over serving if he crashed into sometone.