Check your account email address ×

Another teaser from Polaris.

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

They are still building snow check sleds.

Dealers are saying a drastic cut in Sno Checks available for next year.  Supply chain and probably lots of people who have cancelled out and will go to the top of the list....or at least should.  Many of these people would not order 2 years in a row. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Dealers are saying a drastic cut in Sno Checks available for next year.  Supply chain and probably lots of people who have cancelled out and will go to the top of the list....or at least should.  Many of these people would not order 2 years in a row. 

I early ordered many new cats over the years. I would be livid if my sled didn’t come in till March. I never dropped off my trade in early like some did and be left sledless.

Crazy shit.

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I early ordered many new cats over the years. I would be livid if my sled didn’t come in till March. I never dropped off my trade in early like some did and be left sledless.

Crazy shit.

Oh I agree, I'd be upset but being in Manufacturing and knowing first hand the supply chain issues I can see it.   We have suppliers that are 6 months past due on 6 month lead-times that were supposed to be 3 mo leads but we we were anticipating the issue and doubled it ourselves and are still getting burned.

Our worst suppliers on this are from Japan, Italy and the US.   Our customers requires us to use these components so there is nothing we can do as they are not something you can just readily swap out to another brand.   Could impact our sales by as much as 15-25%.   Good thing as our products are slightly seasonal buyers appear to just be willing to wait. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Oh I agree, I'd be upset but being in Manufacturing and knowing first hand the supply chain issues I can see it.   We have suppliers that are 6 months past due on 6 month lead-times that were supposed to be 3 mo leads but we we were anticipating the issue and doubled it ourselves and are still getting burned.

Our worst suppliers on this are from Japan, Italy and the US.   Our customers requires us to use these components so there is nothing we can do as they are not something you can just readily swap out to another brand.   Could impact our sales by as much as 15-25%.   Good thing as our products are slightly seasonal buyers appear to just be willing to wait. 

The sled makers told everyone if they didn’t spring order no one would get a new sled. 

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

Buddy snowchecked an assault last march, still not in.  Dealer is a great guy and said he understands if he doesn't want to take it.

Same with one of my friends, but his is a new Cat. He's still waiting.

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

Buddy snowchecked an assault last march, still not in.  Dealer is a great guy and said he understands if he doesn't want to take it.

my buddy cancelled his last week and bought his wife a new SxS the dealer happened to have in stock,  this was after already cancelling a Doo renegade Turbo R before Xmas when that was coming late and with the wrong track.  SMH

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The sled makers told everyone if they didn’t spring order no one would get a new sled. 

I posted don’t trade/sell your sled until you have your new sled in your garage back then. You would be living under a rock to believe that promise. A bunch of people told me I was crazy as they are guaranteeing delivery by December. Well they never said which December and here we are. I feel bad for the people that didn’t get their sno check. 

7 hours ago, racer254 said:

I think dealers are HOPING guys will be fed up and not take their snowcheck at this point.  I mean, let's face it ... it's money in the dealer's pocket, and just about guaranteed that a cancelled snowcheck won't be on the floor very long.