Check your account email address ×

New engine for Polaris?

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Know anyone with that kind of mileage on a 850 without a rebuild?  I don't.

Nope, not yet - and to your point - mine is sitting with 5000 on it waiting for valve parts..... When I get it back, next year, I'll see just how far she goes!

Just now, Mag6240 said:

Nope, not yet - and to your point - mine is sitting with 5000 on it waiting for valve parts..... When I get it back, next year, I'll see just how far she goes!

Get it back?  Next year?  What the hell are they waiting for?

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Get it back?  Next year?  What the hell are they waiting for?

Parts - cable, valve bracket, o-rings, something in this is backordered until Mid-March is what I was told.  Now, could I source the parts myself?  I think I could, but with the backup(s) I have, fuck it, let them handle it under warranty.

24 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Parts - cable, valve bracket, o-rings, something in this is backordered until Mid-March is what I was told.  Now, could I source the parts myself?  I think I could, but with the backup(s) I have, fuck it, let them handle it under warranty.

i probably have an 800 cable if that's holding you back

Just now, sleepybrew said:

i probably have an 800 cable if that's holding you back

I have a cable, for the 800, not sure if its the same as the 850.  Either way, I'm letting them deal with it at this point.  4-6 more weeks of riding, I'm on the backup for now.....

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ACE said:

Ah 850 turbo XLT trail sled would sell like a million 

I'll have one ordered in the first 10 minutes of when you can.  :lol:  

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

I saw that earlier today, and the big debate is whether it's a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke.  My gut says 2-stroke turbo, but it's not like I've been wrong before :whistle:  All I know is, you won't see me snow checking anything until all the COVID shit, and quality control issues, get back to normal.  So who knows, maybe my '22 is the last snow check I'll ever own LOL

Any wagers on the MSRP on this thing if it's truly a 900 or a 4-stroke turbo?  $21K with it being decked out with the high end shocks and 7s?

It is not a 4 stroke.  

5 hours ago, ACE said:

The Lester’s are adamant that the 900R is competitive with the thundercat which is a huge lie 

Indeed.  Once you ride the 900R you won't ever want to ride the Cat again.  Cat needs to step up their game to become competitive again.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Highmark said:

Lol you would order a new Polaris big bore  motor ? Wtf do you enjoy getting kicked in the sack ? Name a Polaris bb roll out that has gone well in the last  20 yrs .hell the last 30 yrs 

45 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol you would order a new Polaris big bore  motor ? Wtf do you enjoy getting kicked in the sack ? Name a Polaris bb roll out that has gone well in the last  20 yrs .hell the last 30 yrs 

The 99 - 2003 Fuji XCR 800 engines were outstanding. :dunno:

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

My 20 Polaris has been bullet proof.  Yes I know they came out in 19.   Personally a good percentage of the issues guys have I feel is their own doing.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My 20 Polaris has been bullet proof.  Yes I know they came out in 19.   Personally a good percentage of the issues guys have I feel is their own doing.

My son has a 2020 Poo 800 and it's been great. I the ez ryder is referring to  mostly the Fusion 900 and CFI 800, definitely both turds. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

My son has a 2020 Poo 800 and it's been great. I the ez ryder is referring to  mostly the Fusion 900 and CFI 800, definitely both turds. 

There were some issues with the 19 850 but a far cry from those you mention.   I had a 14 800 that was bulletproof as well.  

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Again after tge bugs are worked out poo motors are OK but a first yr Polaris bb always has had issues always . 

20 minutes ago, Legend said:

One keyword in that statement....

And not EPA compliant, these engines had 2 weak spots the green carb. slides and the water pumps need rebuilding, if they were EPA compliant, I think there would be issues with them.

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

They did not build or design it fuji did 

No shit but it's still a Polaris product and I'm sure Poo had some say in the design. If you want to get technical, for years just about every manufacturer had their engines built by others...........Suzuki, Rotax, Fuji etc. Yamaha may be the only exception.