Check your account email address ×

Ski Doo buying 120s and 200 from textron/cat

krom

2 hours ago, Ziemann said:

So Jim, I heard that the Arctic Cat Blast is a children's sled.....

Define children. 8? 120-200. Did they rename them Blast? 18-25, female or smaller Male. Yes. Also older former riders getting back in to the sport. That is the demographic from Cat. I'm sure though that they will give your idea a chance. Being the expert you are. 

44 minutes ago, krom said:

40 hp vs 65 hp. 

40hp base, Neo+ is 55hp, comes with some upgrades as well, better track, shocks and panels, worth an extra 1k.

It's the same 600EFI motor (85hp) in their base models, wonder if an ECM swap would fix that?

1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

40hp base, Neo+ is 55hp, comes with some upgrades as well, better track, shocks and panels, worth an extra 1k.

It's the same 600EFI motor (85hp) in their base models, wonder if an ECM swap would fix that?

I already inquired about this and from what the dealer said it’ll be a reflash and a pipe to get 85hp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, krom said:

I searched for the job installing hoses and clamps correctly but they must have filled the position.

Didn't Cat's former engine calibration guru go to Polaris?

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Define children. 8? 120-200. Did they rename them Blast? 18-25, female or smaller Male. Yes. Also older former riders getting back in to the sport. That is the demographic from Cat. I'm sure though that they will give your idea a chance. Being the expert you are. 

see the little fish on the hook here? ---> :fishing:

@Ziemann caught one.  well played my friend.  :lol2:

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The Doo Neo's just destroyed any market for the b-last outside of those that are too stupid to shop around.

I would say it's the most overlooked sled of 2023 thus far, except for Textron which must be besides themselves because what limited market share they created was just bit into by the biggest shark in the snowmobizz.  :headshot:

3 hours ago, krom said:

40 hp vs 65 hp. 

$6,399 vs $8255 buddy... math wins this one.

https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/shopping-tools/customize-your-own/build-your-own-app.html?platform=SKI_MXZ&package=BASE&unitid=000BBPA00

$7199 Neo+ https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/shopping-tools/customize-your-own/build-your-own-app.html?platform=SKI_MXZ&package=PREMIUM&unitid=000BPPA00

https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snowmobile/mid-sized/blast-zr

2 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

BRP's buying power is a significant factor in delivering more bang per $ through subs, yet they're able to capture the lions share of the margins.  Will be interesting to dig into the parts diagrams to see if they utilize the same reed cages, injectors and throttle body components, if so... an ECU swap might be the simple key to unlocking more power.  Trouble being, how much is the ECU (or reflash) and how readily available are they going to be and will BRP dealers do it?

as I see it, this is BRP giving it to Cat over the pyramid  :kneebash:  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Took Cat 9 years to come up with that and Doo less than one to copy and beat it.  Tells a story.

in the meantime, most Americans don't know where Ukraine is and are unable to grasp why gas prices are so high.

10 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Joe Biden Won Big On Super Tuesday. Here Are Some Memes - Oh Joe | Memes

let's be fair here Badger, I know self proclaimed liberals and conservatives that don't have a fucking clue about what's going on in the world, or how the world really works.  much easier to point at a boogeyman 

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

let's be fair here Badger, I know self proclaimed liberals and conservatives that don't have a fucking clue about what's going on in the world, or how the world really works.  much easier to point at a boogeyman 

It all starts at the top and shutting or slowing down US oil production was a very poor move for the world. Like it or not this world still runs on oil. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Badger** said:

It all starts at the top and shutting or slowing down US oil production was a very poor move for the world. Like it or not this world still runs on oil. 

I've been playing oil long since 2020 bud... ;) 

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/uco

Cat got to slide for many years and just sit back and watch Poo and Doo struggle with being EPA compliment. Krom knows it and so do I. The dirty 8 and 6 were fantastic motors built by Suk and Cat was lucky have them for many years. 

Just now, Badger** said:

Rough market to play in.  Just sold 280 acres by Peters marsh, good time to down size and get a better handle on things. 

just like anything else, there's two ways to skin a mongoose

look at SQQQ & TECS since January 1st just as an example.  Wall St. doesn't play fair, and neither do I 

Sold a rental this summer, love sitting on cash for a crash... but won't spend my $ on a 2012 2023 Procross from Textron.  :lol2:

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

just like anything else, there's two ways to skin a mongoose

look at SQQQ & TECS since January 1st just as an example.  Wall St. doesn't play fair, and neither do I 

Sold a rental this summer, love sitting on cash for a crash... but won't spend my $ on a 2012 2023 Procross from Textron.  :lol2:

The problem is we get smacked in sales tax, I have always said we should pay tax but its getting way out of hand. 

14 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Took Cat 9 years to come up with that and Doo less than one to copy and beat it.  Tells a story.

2 years to copy Cat.  I was riding Blasts in public exactly 2 years ago, and they were announced well before then.  One could say that Cat copied the Evo.

I have said all along that it was a great idea, that this was a segment of buyers which had been largely forgotten.  I’ve been saying it publicly for two years.  With Ski Doo in the game, it looks like I was clearly right.

People forget that the first Apple tablet wasn’t the iPad.  

The Evo was/is okay, but fuel injection, no factory limiter and a better suspension made a big jump in the right direction.  I don’t know much about the Ski Doo’s, but would think that they looked at the competition and decided they could do better (and likely have).  The next thing that will happen is that the other two will match Doo, making it a fair fight.  

I think that’s the best scenario for consumers and let’s get it on.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

The Evo is a stupid piece of shit.  Complete cop out.  Just a way to use up old parts stock.  Too bad as you state there is obviously a market.  My family has two that are the right target audience, but they won't be on that Poo.

Cat only figured out how to get rid of one 800 jug and slug at a time... when they could have just detuned the 600.  They already have the ISR legal 50% throttle and 6500 rpm limited ECU's the kids use.  Why design an entirety new single cylinder?  Seems silly to me, and apparently BRP because they're just running a detuned 85hp 600

Edited by Crnr2Crnr