Check your account email address ×

300 shares of RIVN

Seeing more and more of those Rivian Amazon EV trucks now. They must be really cranking them out. The distribution center is close and I can see the shift from the regular gas trucks. 

Rivians are absolutely everywhere out here.  I'm pretty sure I'll get my wife into an R2 SUV once our lease is up on the Mercedes EQE.  I know a few people with Rivians and they love them, including a couple who use theirs to tow a small Airstream around the West.  IDK how they charge it, as most of the charging stations I've been to would suck with a trailer.

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Don't think I've ever seen a Lucid.

Funny you mention the Lucid.  I got behind one a couple weeks ago, on our way to Milwaukee, and followed it for a while before finally deciding to pass it.  Not gonna lie - it was a nice looking vehicle.  I'm pretty sure I came across the same vehicle on the way home a couple days later. 

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Teslas seem to be everywhere now.  I see a few Rivians, not as many as Deephaven would in his neighborhood.  Don't think I've ever seen a Lucid.

Yep location is key for that. I could sit here all day and maybe see one Tesla. There's definitely more around here than before especially in the tourist season, still very limited.

Edited by Sled_Hed

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Teslas seem to be everywhere now.  I see a few Rivians, not as many as Deephaven would in his neighborhood.  Don't think I've ever seen a Lucid.

Saw three today including a sapphire.  Our elementary school 10 years ago was all Volvo XC90's, then Range Rovers, now it is dominantly Rivian's.  Few Bentleys, Lambos as well.  My son loves the chrome Urus, wants one bad, lol.

• Gold Member

Got 9500 miles on our Rivian R1S in like 8 months.  Probably 15 percent of the miles are towing 1500-7000 lbs.  will take anything you can through.  It does get tiresome answer stupid question that you can tell originate from tik tok or facebooks.  Like “where do you charge”. “Heard they don’t go far”. So on an so forth.  Most times I just want to say in my best Jeff Foxworthy voice “here’s your sign”

The Tesla is about 63,000 miles in about 27 months of ownership.  Mostly all road trips and gobs of fast charging and deep discharges and high charging percentages.  Around 6 percent degradation but I’m pretty much past any more meaningful degradation for the next couple 100,000 miles or so.  Lots of”Here’s your sign” questions and beliefs on a Tesla.

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I'd hate life if I had to be in a model 3 for 63k miles.  Such a piece of shit.

I road in one as for an Uber and all the door trim was falling off. It has shitter build quality than my 95 Chevy work truck after installing an aftermarket stereo system. The door trim never fell off that hunk of shit 

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Tesla are the least expensive cars to maintain and repair over 10 years.  Far from pos

7 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

The Audi and BMW leasee crowd has flocked over to Teslas.  I am uninterested in owning a Tesla of any variety.  

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Saw three today including a sapphire.  Our elementary school 10 years ago was all Volvo XC90's, then Range Rovers, now it is dominantly Rivian's.  Few Bentleys, Lambos as well.  My son loves the chrome Urus, wants one bad, lol.

There were 2 Urus's floating around Hood Cloud when we were there.  A pearl white one and a lighter blue one.  I thought they were neat at first, but now they are kind of meh.  I'd rather have one of the Rambo Lambos that live a sad life in this state.

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Tesla Boy at work tried to lemon law his like 4 times before they pretty much banned him from the dealer/service center?

He still talks with a couple of the younger engineers here.  That kid has issues.

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I road in one as for an Uber and all the door trim was falling off. It has shitter build quality than my 95 Chevy work truck after installing an aftermarket stereo system. The door trim never fell off that hunk of shit 

If I pay for an upgraded Uber and it's a Tesla I cancel it.  The back seat is worse than a 1990 geo metro.  Loud, boomy, and uncomfortable as hell.

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

If I pay for an upgraded Uber and it's a Tesla I cancel it.  The back seat is worse than a 1990 geo metro.  Loud, boomy, and uncomfortable as hell.

You aren’t wrong. After doing Uber stuff for work trips the last few months I was shocked how shitty they actually are. I have purposely wrecked 80s s10s that had better build quality