Check your account email address ×

300 shares of RIVN

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Yes.  Take anything an EV manufacturer says for a timeline and conservatively double it.

I thought Tesla would go bankrupt.  Elon Musk did too.

It only took 18 years for Tesla to pull a profit. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Glad I'm not counting on that pension to retire.  

No one should count on a pension alone. I don’t think that’s a very good idea. There’s simply too many options these days. 10 years leading up to retirement i was already set. I threw all the excess cash into Roth’s. Some would’ve spent it. 

spin should be thanking you teamgreen.  It is obvious he changed his mind about his purchase and got the fuck out, lucky just to make anything.  Instead he will just act like he somehow planned to get out in 10 days.  LOL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

spin should be thanking you teamgreen.  It is obvious he changed his mind about his purchase and got the fuck out, lucky just to make anything.  Instead he will just act like he somehow planned to get out in 10 days.  LOL.

I'll be back in when it hits the 50-54 range again. Most likely sometime next week. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 3:19 PM, spin_dry said:

Dan Sundheim’s D1 Capital Partners is betting big on EVs, including a new $1.6 billion Rivian stake

sweet!!

Down around 12% today, under $55.  Quite a find you had here with the RIVN stock!:lol:

Prices for new electric vehicles from electric truck maker Rivian Automotive are rising to help the start-up offset higher costs. The direction of all car prices has been up in recent months, so a hike from another auto maker doesn’t seem like a surprise. Investors are reacting with nervousness anyway.

Rivian shares (ticker: RIVN) were falling more than 10%, at $55.54, in early trading Wednesday. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average were up 0.5% and 0.7%, respectively.

Prices for some vehicles and trim levels are rising up to 20%, according to reports that referenced an email sent to Rivian customers. What’s more, price increases appear to be impacting Rivian buyers with existing reservations. Rivian didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment about pricing actions.

The Rivian R1T launch edition trim remains $75,000, and the base R1T still lists for $67,500, noted Deutsche Bank analyst Emmanuel Rosner in a Wednesday note. “But many of the upgrades for the vehicles come at a considerable premium to the base options,” he added.

Rivian’s reported price hikes even drew a comment from Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk. He responded to a tweet about the increases saying that Rivian’s “negative gross [profit] margin will be staggering.”

Most start-ups lose money early in their existence. Negative gross profit margins aren’t a surprise, but Musk added in a separate tweet that building expensive trucks is relatively easy, while achieving affordability is hard.

Tesla also increased prices several times in 2021. Its stock didn’t really react to price-increase revelations, and Tesla’s automotive gross profit margins improved along with its growing delivery numbers in 2021.

Price increases haven’t been confined to the EV space. The average transaction price for any new car in the U.S. topped $47,000 in 2021, up more than $6,000 from 2020. Inflation is part of the story, but so is low vehicle inventory and vehicle mix.

A global shortage of semiconductors constrained auto production, leading to strained new-vehicle inventories. The chip shortage also led car makers to favor their most-profitable products, which in the U.S. tend to be large trucks and SUVs, according to Benchmark analyst Mike Ward. Those vehicles carry higher sticker prices.

Rising prices will be a topic for investors and analysts when Rivian reports fourth-quarter numbers on March 10.

Coming into Wednesday trading, Rivian stock had fallen about 40% year to date. Inflation, rising interest rates, and the Russian-Ukraine conflict have sapped some investors’ willingness to hold richly valued growth stocks.

Rivian stock qualifies as one of those. Rivian’s market capitalization is $56 billion, about 19 times estimated 2022 sales of roughly $3 billion.

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Shouldn’t you stick with voting machine conspiracies? :lol: 

Did you listen to Justice Gableman's damning testimony yesterday on WI 2020 election fraud recomending decertification?

I bet you didn't.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Did you listen to Justice Gableman's damning testimony yesterday on WI 2020 election fraud recomending decertification?

I bet you didn't.

:lol: Release the kraken. 

Edited by spin_dry

• 2 weeks later...

@spin_dryYou buying more at $38 and then doubling down again at $28?  :lol:

Hey@DriftBusta, I dropped that $5k in HSA money into a total market fund today.  Figured the Russia/Ukraine stuff is pretty much priced in.  Some resistance the other day and people we buying again.  Pretty much the last 12 months of gains are wiped out so I figured they are on sale now again.

image.thumb.png.8eac130631ec6d8c5d397639b4ebbeae.png

37 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Hey@DriftBusta, I dropped that $5k in HSA money into a total market fund today.  Figured the Russia/Ukraine stuff is pretty much priced in.  Some resistance the other day and people we buying again.  Pretty much the last 12 months of gains are wiped out so I figured they are on sale now again.

He definitely should be thanking you for the heads up. 

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

I’m out. Rivian blew it big time when they fucked over the people who laid down their deposits. Typical greed of an American company. They blew the trust of everyone who supported them including me. May they RIP. 

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I’m out. Rivian blew it big time when they fucked over the people who laid down their deposits. Typical greed of an American company. They blew the trust of everyone who supported them including me. May they RIP. 

Wouldn’t Ford be a decent ev play with a side of Rivian? Or better yet Kia or Hyundai?

• 2 months later...